Using 2 anti virus programs.

BladeBlade PVKII Team
edited 12:35PM in Bugs/Support
Whats the risk? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Comments

• DecipherDecipher Senior
    edited 12:35PM
    Extra safety! The chance that one might pick up what another misses! OH NOES!
    On an extended hiatus to focus on school.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    I heard it isnt good... :roll:
  • HaVoKHaVoK PVKII Team
    It isn't good, they can conflict. One virus scanner is enough.. 2 will slow down your computer significantly ohmy.gif

Especially if they are on auto protect etc..

XVAAG.gif

• edited 12:35PM
    There is nothing inherently wrong with running two anti-virus programs. However, depending on the programs, they do tend to “fight” with each other (Norton and McAfee being the notorious pair). This can cause stability issues. If you want to run to anti-virus programs the advisable solution is to only run one as a service (active protection) and run the other one manually.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    So AVG/Norton anti virus 2005? ohmy.gif :shock:
  • edited 12:35PM
    If you feel the need to run the two anti-virus programs (HaVoK has it right when he said that it usually does more harm than good). I would recommend running AVG as a service as it has a smaller memory footprint and a better detection engine, in my experience at least. Then run Norton manually whenever convenient.
    Norton blows.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    But AVG is free, no? its kinda odd that its better when norton costs cash...
    Some times the best things in life are free..
  • WoozieWoozie Senior
    Norton Antivirus? More like Norton Virus amirite. Slows down your computer like poop.

This is what I use, the only problems I've had are sometimes it's difficult to connect to their server to update but most of the time it works and it's free. Works good in those situations where you mistype a site and it attacks your face.

http://www.free-av.com/
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Ya, i moved to AVG a month ago or so. :wink: