Unreleased Classes Character Ideas

MrMohoMrMoho Senior
edited 5:04PM in PVKII Discussion
Hail, my well bearded brothers and sisters!
Today I would like to know from you what sort of character you would like some of the classes that aren't released yet to have. The end result is of course always in the hands of the Voice Actor, but it's always nice to throw in some personal ideas, wouldn't you agree?

But do remember that this is a quirky game, so a silly character like a tongue juggling pugilist that likes to eat steamy beef cakes while bashing someones head in is probably a better choice than a hard-boiled, silent veteran that kills with efficiency. Also, the more creative your character, the more virtual cookies you will get from me!

Welp, off to my personal ideas!

Freebooter
The Freebooter in my eyes would be a tall, lank, rather laid back, somewhat intelligent (at least for a pirate) and a bit quirky man that sees the silly madness around him and acknowledges it as such, but doesn't seem to mind at all. And with quirky I mean one of these weird know-it-all's that always have an almost bored looking expression on their face that lean in right next to your head and spout some words of wisdom while you are staring flabbergasted at your car that is currently burning out. You know, the kind of guy that seem to be impossible to be shocked or surprised by anything and accept it with a shrug? That kind of guy. A 'Don't be that kind of guy' kind of guy, basically.

Jarl
For me the best name for this man would be 'Papa Jarl'. Basically, he often speaks of his family, taunting his enemies that his thirty kids (of which 29 are boys) are better at fighting than them, even constantly mumbling about how proud he is of his children.

Seio-Kona
A kitchen dweller this ain't, is all I could say. The Seio-Kona to me is a scary women, somebody you think twice before politely asking her if she could heal you. Most of the time you probably get a staff to the face, shetelling you to man up and stop wasting her time for such puny wounds.

Assassin
This Lady to me is the typical 'I'm surrounded by imbeciles' kind of character, showing little respect for her friends. A bit like the spy from TF2, but only more, well, lets say 'insulting'. She has little patients and quickly gets angry when an objective is failed to be protected, her 'Thanks' voice command reading along the lines of 'Looks like I don't have to do everything myself, after all'. And while she has little respect for her friends, she has even less for her enemies, taunting them constantly and insulting their skill and intelligence when fighting them, though not as energetic as the Man-at-Arms, but more efficient and stinging.

Cleric
Self-righteous douchebag is what I'm thinking here. A man that has an excuse for everything by simply saying 'For god'. He says it so excessively, in fact, that one might wonder if he is a real cleric, or even believes in god. A good voice command while carrying gold for him would be 'I'm confiscating this treasure, for god, of course' or 'All this treasure just for me- erm, I mean god, of course'.

Lord
The Lord is a sad character, somebody who has placed his faith into something ill. Into what, you might ask? Into his soldiers, who are second-hand morons who hardly get anything done on their own. Frustration nags onto his bones, for he has to successfully encourage his soldiers before every battle, putting all his heart into it, but often is met with failure. This frustration nowadays shows through, as he speaks with uncertainty when talking to his men, like 'Let's have at them, please truly this time, though.' or 'Oh bother, of course, they stole the gold. Try your best to get it, back, would you?'. I know, he is supposed to be a strong,, poised and encouraging man, but that is the irony in it.

Comments

• Krizzy MothKrizzy Moth Senior
    edited 5:04PM
    I'd swap Freebooter's character with Assassin's
    k2w8_Xxjo13_Q.jpg
  • edited 5:04PM
    I think that the Freebooter would be cool as an Arabic character. Like an Alladin/Sinbad/Arabic prince styled guy. There is a naturally rogue-ish appeal to a desert style head dress and it also has a piratey vibe. I'm kind of picturing a nonchalant, cocky, intelligent character. Maybe from a privileged upbringing (from a noble family which was exiled or something, forcing him into piracy?).
  • bonerificbonerific Banned
    stay with these 3 characters for each team and declare the game complete.
    penis on the face
    Too late for that now, and the majority of people want these future classes.
  • NiveNive Beta Tester

I think that the Freebooter would be cool as an Arabic character. Like an Alladin/Sinbad/Arabic prince styled guy. There is a naturally rogue-ish appeal to a desert style head dress and it also has a piratey vibe. I'm kind of picturing a nonchalant, cocky, intelligent character. Maybe from a privileged upbringing (from a noble family which was exiled or something, forcing him into piracy?).
    So in other words, something like a barbary corsair?
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    Buccaneer
    Me
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• NiveNive Beta Tester
    Yep, I always imagined the buccaneer being a giant african/haitian/jamaican voodoo zombie.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    I don't think devs should cater to the average dinah's wishful thinking.
    76561198022443233png

I don't think devs should cater to the average dinah's wishful thinking.

Are you actually indirectly insulting-but-not-really me?

Do it direct, and with a real insult! Then you'll become my friend too! Who doesn't want that?
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

I actually already got quotes for the Buccaneer

This for Knights
    Taunt Knights in general:
    "Real men can cook too, ya kno'?!"
    "Oi, quit makin' me confusin' you laddies for ladies!"
    "I wanted to be a blacksmith, BUT YOU DON'T WANT ME TO BE!!!"

Taunt MAA:
    "You Frenchies are all the same, but don't taste the same!"
    "Would you like to try my new special recipe I love to call...French fries?"
    "Stop talking, start sufferin'g!"
    When he dies; "Now stop movin'!"

Taunt Heavy Knight:
    "Look at you, full of armor, let's make some iron-rich meat paste!"
    "I'll splash yerr guts!...But I think your armour will"
    "I'm gonn'a paint ye shiny red, shiny boyh!"
    When he dies; Told ya 'bout th' armour, boy!

Taunt Archer:
    "You are worse than my'h whiny shipmates!"
    "C'mere 'ere you! I like your...Smeeeell"
    "Cap'n, I found yer--Ne'ermind"
    When he dies; "Cookin' beats archerin', m'lady!"

This for Vikings
    Taunt Vikings in general:
    "Yo ho ho n' a meadhorn full o' yer guts!"
    "I don't like you, and I don't like your smell."
    "Har ho haaa! Yer ship ain't fit for a real man like I!"

Taunt Berserker:
    "You are just enraged because I can gut everythin' better than ya!"
    "I like yer beard, lemme borrow it, will ya?"
    "I will NOT accept dogs ON MY SHIP! They taste bad!"
    When he dies; "YOU SPREAD MORE HAIR THAN MY CAT!"

Taunt Huscarl:
    "Would you like to try my new meat recipe? YOU ARE IN THE LIST!!!"
    "Yer ugly, so am I"
    "Yer just a lil' dwarf who's able to throw lil' dwarf axes, HA!"
    When he dies; "Boy, ye jus' talk tough but he ain't rough meat"

Taunt Gestir:
    "Who this be? Papa Dwarf?"
    "I respect me elders, but yer just a youngman in comparison to me grandpas!"
    "Quit pokin' me and stop gettin' me Cap'n's parrot, it ain't chicken, oi!"
    When he dies; "I SAID STOP POKING MEEEE!!!"

And now, how about others taunting him?

Archer:
    "You are worse than a peasant!"
    "Well, you sure seem to feed your crew well!"
    "Cooking are for fair ladies, m'lady!"
    When he kills him; "Farewell, my fair lady!"

MAA:
    "A dog tastes better than your food!"
    "You can't cook without your cute apron!"
    "Die, big guy!"
    When he kills him; "Get back to the kitchen"

Heavy Knight:
    "A cook? Hadth the pirates lost their mind?"
    When he kills him; "This is no place for thee!"

Huscarl:
    "Start cooking or DIE"

Berserker:
    "MUHAHAHA! I got more muscles than you!"
    "Ha! You think you're big but you are so tiny!"
    When he kills him; "Argh, no juicy fat meat for me now..."

Gestir:
    "A real warrior shouldn't cook!"
    "Valhalla take you...As their chef!"
    I make mods.

• Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited August 2015
    El Negro wrote:

Are you actually indirectly insulting-but-not-really me?

Do it direct, and with a real insult! Then you'll become my friend too! Who doesn't want that?

Nah man it's meant as a general thing, for the people who want classes to be this thing with this weapon and this stupid special. I trust the dev's judgement for such things.
    76561198022443233png

• FinlordFinlord Senior
    Developers that don't listen what people want from the mod aren't very good devs. People that actually plays their mod. You do understand those things are suggestions?
  • bonerificbonerific Banned
    Finlord wrote:

Developers that don't listen what people want from the mod aren't very good devs. People that actually plays their mod. You do understand those things are suggestions?

people are morons, none of the suggestions are any good. Any change that impacted gameplay was implemented by Akz.
    Luckely the PVK devs knows this aswell and will continue ignoring your dumb ass non-big picture suggestions.
    penis on the face
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    Keep trolling
    :Thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn:
  • MajorLunaCMajorLunaC Senior
    edited September 2015
    Finlord wrote:

Keep trolling
    :Thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn:

"I eat Trolls for breakfast." would be a better caption.

Back to the topic, I like the following, but with a few variations:

- Jarl: I'm thinking along the lines of the Scottish rival in Samurai Jack, or even the Scottish Dwarf in "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies". Rude, foul-mouthed Scot talks about how puny you are compared to members of his family including his wife, grandparents, "littel kittens", etc.
    - Seio-Kona: Reminds me of the wicked granny doctor that taught Chopper in One Piece.
    - Assassin: I wouldn't mind being assassinated by the likes of her.
    - Cleric: Mix in some of Monty Python's Holy Grail, comedy and look, and you've got a winner.
    - Lord: I suggest the opulent sarcasm of Captain Hook in the film "Hook" ->

Smee: I've just had an apostrophe.
    Captain Hook: I think you mean an epiphany.
    Smee: [gestures his fingers to his head] Lightning has just struck my brain.
    Captain Hook: Well, that must hurt.
    MajorLunaC wrote:
    - Jarl: I'm thinking along the lines of the Scottish rival in Samurai Jack, or even the Scottish Dwarf in "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies". Rude, foul-mouthed Scot talks about how puny you are compared to members of his family including his wife, grandparents, "littel kittens", etc.

You're just making my Buccaneer quotes fit.
    I make mods.

• Krizzy MothKrizzy Moth Senior
    Got an idea: If you are thinking about making Assassin mean and bitchy as MrMoho suggested, give her either like Irish or Scottish accent (plus, her model even looks like that atm).
    So she would be kinda like Annah from Planescape Torment

k2w8_Xxjo13_Q.jpg
  • BobSneiderBobSneider Senior
    edited October 2015
    Got an idear for the Buccaneer Special.

Would work perfect if he looked like El Negro
    ZMOhZEF.gif
    BobSneider wrote:

"I'd like t'tell ya mateys that yer all WELL DONE!"
    "Time to roast some chickens..."
    I make mods.

BobSneider wrote:

One of the pirates should definitely have a fire breathing special because it is awesome. It might work for the buccaneer since he is the only pirate so far who might not have explosives, so fire is a good thematic compromise. A medium range cone shaped attack hasn't been done before either.
    So, about the Freebooter. Whenever I hear the concept of a stab-you-in-a-dark-alleyway pirate, the first thing that comes to mind is that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest, where the Governor tries to send Elizabeth off to England, only to find Mercer stabbing the captain, smiling at him and calmly saying "Evening, Guv'ner!". Granted, Mercer is an agent of the East India Company, not a pirate, but you get what I mean. Either way, I think a dry sense of humor is a must for the Freebooter.
  • poyerterpoyerter Senior
    edited January 2016
    well i think they should lift a page from l4d and have more specials revolve around splitting players up eg. something like a smoker. one of the new pirate specials could be they use an anchor or whip to pull a player towards your team so you can swarm him or just pull him into a hazard and end up with a number advantage. this could backfire as the enemy you pull in could have a special or has significantly more health and beat the tar out of you.