PVKII = Dead Game

KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing PersonSenior
edited 5:04AM in PVKII Discussion
lol

SteamNew130_zpsgjeyt4vf.png

Was during 2 PM EST Wednesday, most of NA population wasn't even on yet

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
"I like axes"
--kokoronokawari
loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

Comments

• MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    edited 5:04AM
    If PVKII is dead then I am a literal Zombie. Well, that could explain why I reek all the time...
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    Some french youtuber with 4 million subs played PVK, that's why.

• MiggogMiggog PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    Every single server is full now :icon_yay:
    lego_sig250_v3_zps09b6104b.jpg
  • TenebrisTenebris Senior
    edited July 2015
    Felis wrote:

Some french youtuber with 4 million subs played PVK, that's why.

lol (5:33)
    76561198003714084.png
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited July 2015
    Let's hope I was wrong when I wrote this.

The only thing that might prevent a new player number record from happening [atleast for the Steam Charts records] might be the total number of available player slots. We had around the same number or slightly more of them back in 2012. It would be interesting to see how far that number could go up. If anyone has any spare resources for additional game servers, this might be a good time to put them to use.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • edited July 2015
    This is excellent, and I knew KOKO would be right on this :P
    And this is just with a French audience alone.
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    Jon wrote:
    And this is just with a French audience alone.

I almost forgot about that aspect, but now that you mention it, it is even more impressive.

BTW:

hN2d7EY.gif

:P
    mEtxJiK.png
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Todays's lesson: always bet on an unfunny loudmouthed Let's Play YouTube channel for your game to reach the highest population since forever.

76561198031989549.png

• El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    AGSMA wrote:

Todays's lesson: always bet on an unfunny loudmouthed Let's Play YouTube channel for your game to reach the highest population since forever.

Hmm, I'd like to see how it would happen with PewDiePie, an overload of Swedish players perhaps? Or Markiplier, lots of North American players. (I actually don't know which country Markiplier is from, to be honest)
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• cainsithcainsith Beta Tester
    By the All Father, do I need to throw up like 50 more servers to hold all these people? Jesus EVERYTHING is full and it's 5 in the morning lmao
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited July 2015
    cainsith wrote:

By the All Father, do I need to throw up like 50 more servers to hold all these people? Jesus EVERYTHING is full and it's 5 in the morning lmao

My assumption is that the more people we enable to try out the game without too much hassle, e.g. instant free slots available to join and interesting server configurations, the higher the potential amount of people that would stick with the game.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    They gotta give us some warning before they make these videos! :emot-awesome:

badass.jpg

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited July 2015
    Currently 700+ players... kudos to Akz, Reverend Black Percy and others who are opening more servers.
  • WodenWoden Senior
    edited July 2015
    this game is now 99% filled with 5 year old French kids with the IQ of an earthworm, it's impossible to have a single proper round on a objective-based map with at least one teammate who knows what he's doing, gg
    makes you wonder how they even managed to install Steam and this game, must have had an IT tech do it all for them
    and here I was hoping this guy actually had a mature audience
    guess it's better than empty servers, though, should give them some time to improve as well
    one thing that should be done, if possible, is to set quick weapon switch to on at default, they probably don't know it exists and don't even check the options but I'm not seeing a new patch anytime soon
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Woden wrote:

and here I was hoping this guy actually had a mature audience

Seriously...?

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    French Apocalypse

On a serious note though, i am very happy that the game has more people now! :D and welcome everyone who is trying the game for the first time, hope they stick around.
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • edited July 2015
    I put a quick post out onto the PVK community hub just letting people know about things like the Twitter and FB pages, so that should help a bit :)
    I think maybe doing a stream, like what you used to do might also be very useful, tell people about the development and history of the game ETC, but that's just my opinion, this has to be capitalized in some way.
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    If the team has anything to show off, now would be the perfect time to do it, get some people hooked and looking forward to the future.
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited July 2015
    El Negro wrote:

Hmm, I'd like to see how it would happen with PewDiePie, an overload of Swedish players perhaps? Or Markiplier, lots of North American players. (I actually don't know which country Markiplier is from, to be honest)

Make sure to rent a whole data center for game servers – just. in. case.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • Sp00nSp00n Senior
    Are new servers (bt_island) currently needed? I could spin up a few but i'm not sure how sustainable they would be beyond a couple of days
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited July 2015
    The duration doesn't matter, I'd say. As long as we are not talking about minutes, because people might get annoyed if they are thrown off the server after a short while.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior

lol

SteamNew130_zpsgjeyt4vf.png

Was during 2 PM EST Wednesday, most of NA population wasn't even on yet
    ill give it 2 weeks
    "Everything with a beginning has an end"
    Haven't seen many today (Day 11 of July), guess this invasion is now going down.

No more fresh meat you'd use for achievements, people.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• JerreJerre Senior
    I'm actually really happy that this happened! I had a blast yesterday, slaying every single one of them while i was on the Viking team. They were really easy because most of them were Archers and Skirms. Every server almost full, nearly 20 players each.
    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Jerre wrote:

I'm actually really happy that this happened! I had a blast yesterday, slaying every single one of them while i was on the Viking team. They were really easy because most of them were Archers and Skirms. Every server almost full, nearly 20 players each.

I was fighting Berserkers myself, I nicknamed them "Berskies" because, those are just NOT real berserkers, matey.
    I make mods.

• edited 5:04AM
    737 peak players in the last 24 hours
    I saw an increase of servers, not just players. Now I saw an increase of servers, but a decrease of players.
    I make mods.

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Wanna see even more players? Share, Like and Retweet the latest posts below, and perhaps Markiplier will take notice and play some PVK for his 8 million subscribers!

https://www.facebook.com/pvkii

https://twitter.com/pvkiidev/with_replies

badass.jpg

• SphynxSphynx Senior
    I'm sure many famous Youtubers would be willing to play PVKII, but the amount of PVKII videos per Youtuber could be very limited as they have an audience to entertain. Another thing to keep in mind is that people usually subscribe to more than one person on Youtube and if they have already played PVKII and stopped playing it, a new Youtuber presenting it a month later is probably not going to make them play again. The player numbers we got after the videos in 2012 remained high for over a month, which means we are not able to see whether and how the changes made over the years, e.g. higher rate of updates or better communication, are going to affect the player numbers until that time has passed. If it turns out that the numbers are going back to where they were before, a few ideas that were collected in the Player numbers thread could be implemented and the game then be presented by interested Youtubers.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    edited July 2015
    Late to the party but I actually dislike stuff like this. It brings hordes of dinahs to the field that screw the whole game up; don't know how to play, don't care about the objectives (lol ironic), don't care to learn how to play. Woden is right, a lot of pubs that don't really care about the game are brought into mix, and they just plain suck.

It's on the same level as some console COD streamer playing Planetside 2 and being "wow dem graphics dem gameplay guiz" imo.
    76561198022443233png