These new kicking and rolling thingys.

I saw the short videos and I just wondered are you adding some kind of fist fighting system like in chivalry. They look cool though. But I'm just wondering how it would work.

Comments

• JizzlerJizzler Senior
    edited 10:12AM
    pls. no.
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
    image,PVKII,white,black.png
  • JollygreenJollygreen Troll Senior
    no. pls.
    1pYiF.gif
  • Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior
    short videos?....link?
    "Everything with a beginning has an end"
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    edited March 2015
    kick_optimized.gif legrun_optimized.gif

roll_optimized.gif

badass.jpg

• edited 10:12AM
    ^ them
  • Echo of the pastEcho of the past Members, Senior
    0cceaf3e17.gif
  • NiveNive PVKII Team
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I did NOT see this coming. I'm super in to it though!
    I bet there are going to be droves of people who'll hate these additions, but I'll wholeheartedly accept them, and likely enjoy them!
    Thanks for not giving up on PVKII guys, I never expected you would, but still, thanks a bunch.
  • SphynxSphynx Senior
    edited March 2015
    I think it's odd that major changes in gameplay mechanics are usually welcomed the most by people that do not play a lot. Watching those animations, I am somewhat torn between excitement and fear.
    mEtxJiK.png
  • NiveNive PVKII Team
    I hope you're not talking about me. Sure, I haven't played regularly in several months, but having 746 hours does not a "person that doesn't play a lot" make.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited March 2015
    These are works in progress even with release. They are not meant to be game breaking on the level of "parrying" but useful as "jumping". The changes will be adjusted as needed with that in mind.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Nope
    I'm ok with the new animations. Kick gives newfound versatility to classes that have previously been unable to reap the joys of knockback on pit-heavy maps while roll adds more mobility and makes it easier to dodge for dinahs in particular, but is still an inferior tool to those who have already mastered jumping. Rolling slows you down, good jumping doesn't and is less predictable. So it's not like it's made the game too easy. Just easier to get into, maybe.

As for the fists idea, I don't think giving everyone unarmed combat would accomplish anything important. But I do remember an idea floating around the forums many years ago, to give the Berserker fists as a third weapon. I would be totally ok with that. Wouldn't it be nice to cave someone's skull in while raging?
  • Saias9Saias9 Senior
    reminds me of dark souls tho
    but is still an inferior tool to those who have already mastered jumping.

Agreed. And it feels best that way. I was actually a little scared that the game would be ruined if both became important game mechanics.

Rolling feels out of place and belongs in zelda
    Kicking is fun but isn't really that useful. Maybe if you could kick a chest out of someone's hand, for example, it'd see some use
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    The rolling is really a good idea and it can actually be useful for moving through crowds and not taking as much damage. However, in a straight up fight they aren't usefull except for dodgeing specails. To elaborate, if someone swings at you and you roll backwards, by the time you are recovering the enemy has a chance to hit you. The recovery time is very slow so that makes it not very good for straight u pfights. but say, dodging a skirm specail or gestir charge, then yes the roll is extremely useful. (please note im jsut simply stating facts here, i personally thin kthe roll is good where it is and i dont either think it shoudl be nerfed or buffed)

I also really enjoy the kicking, i think it was a right thing to add. Also, for those of you who dont know you can kick with the chest so thats like super usefull as well.