Remove jumping exploit

gold99gold99 Senior
edited 11:11PM in Bugs/Support
Since last two years I have encountered that players exploiting bug. Popular players like 123 have exploited it, showing up to public, now everyone tries to use that bug for advantage, instead of mastering the game.
Im not really sure how they do it, but they just jump (usually higher then anyone else) and moving very messy with no particular direction, during that, theirs damage output is always maximum.
Jumping exploiters using also ctrl key, combing it with auto-parry, makes them true cancer for the game. This kind of players always are arrogant, they think that they are pro and better then anyone else, making joke of new players.
I have played +700hours of this game and it becoming unenjoyable just because of this jumping cancer. If i have to deal with those players, i usually run away as much as possible or try to keg thems, mostly disconnect. I have no clue how this game is going to attract new players, even If I cannot deal with it, new players will get demolished with no even small hope to win.
Just remove jumping. Game supposed to be medieval with WASD, not bunny race.

Comments

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited 11:11PM
    Ctrl + Jump isn't a new thing to a game and it is one of the easiest things to learn. Jump with them or hit them on the way down. If they parry, fully charge your swing. 700+ hours you should know this XP Jumping creates dynamic outside of just traditional jousting which is seen more unfavorably than pressing the space bar button. No one is jumping higher, it is just ctrl + jump, nothing else. New players would still be beaten by people like 123 even if he didn't jump because of him knowing how to parry + fully charge swings and approach appropriately, not because of jumping.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited January 2015
    I believe there are a lot of places in most maps which can't be reachable without jumping or crouch-jumping. Removing the jumping mechanics and jumping in general would limit players really hard.
    Crouch-Jumping is crucial for players who want to reach a certain point as fast as possible; i don't see anyone having fun casually zigzagging around to reach the main goal.
    Bunny hopping is a mechanic that only players with good skills at first-person shooters know how to use, so be thankful for most players not knowing how to pull it out. In fact, it's a mechanic implemented in the game engine so you're out of luck on this subject.
    In short, jumping in PVK is equally as necessary as in any other multiplayer first person shooter.

76561198031989549.png

• FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    Jumping is now an exploit?
  • Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior
    edited January 2015
    agreed. no one likes playing against a grasshopper flying all around the map jumping up to weird places even the heavy knight jumps like a kangaroo. they need to lower the height that the characters jump
    "Everything with a beginning has an end"
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited January 2015

they need to lower the height that the characters jump
    No, because then you would not have enough height to jump from ledge to ledge, for example on fort, there is a ledge that you have to jump on to get into a window which was added in the update and I'm pretty sure there are more examples. Also bunnyhopping does not exist anymore, it was removed after 2.2. There is a video on youtube of Budgen showing how to bunnyhop in 2.2. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKhFZNpe8A
    2v2z7rr.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Paladin wrote:

No, because then you would not have enough height to jump from ledge to ledge, for example on fort, there is a ledge that you have to jump on to get into a window which was added in the update and I'm pretty sure there are more examples. Also bunnyhopping does not exist anymore, it was removed after 2.2. There is a video on youtube of Budgen showing how to bunnyhop in 2.2. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKhFZNpe8A
    wow how was that not patched sooner... anyway "grasshopping" is someone who jumps around 247. there are meany other things they can do...maybe expand the window of time in between jumps / have a slightly longer jump cooldown so you cant do it the moment your feet touch the ground
    Here we go again...

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=14446
    http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=14453

Pretty sure we have discussed this before.
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    gold99 wrote:

Just remove jumping. Game supposed to be medieval with WASD, not bunny race.

Well looks like i'm not able to jump on this box to get the ammo/health on top of the roof when i need it badly, darn it!
    edited January 2015
    Felis wrote:

Here we go again...

http://forums.pvkii....showtopic=14446
    http://forums.pvkii....showtopic=14453

Pretty sure we have discussed this beforei
    indeed but i didnt start this topic the fact that there are 3 pages on this proves how much of an issue pepole think it is
  • gold99gold99 Senior

Ctrl + Jump isn't a new thing to a game and it is one of the easiest things to learn. Jump with them or hit them on the way down. If they parry, fully charge your swing. 700+ hours you should know this XP Jumping creates dynamic outside of just traditional jousting which is seen more unfavorably than pressing the space bar button. No one is jumping higher, it is just ctrl + jump, nothing else. New players would still be beaten by people like 123 even if he didn't jump because of him knowing how to parry + fully charge swings and approach appropriately, not because of jumping.

I have got very negative opinion about anime ppl few years ago.
    edited January 2015
    gold99 wrote:

Lol, that has nothing to do with this topic. Go trolling somewhere else.
    2/10 made me respond.
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    This thread's title should've been typed with Caps Lock, right guys?
    0daae72707163639e3fa616597f58776e2f83e2e_full.jpg
    Right?

76561198031989549.png

• Saias9Saias9 Senior
    what you guys talkin about again
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    It´s not so hard to press ctrl + space. New players always keep complaining about "jumping exploit" but I think it´s part of pvk. Real problem are those rate changers.
  • bonerificbonerific Banned
    gold99 wrote:

yes all anime ppl are fags! bunch of furries!!
    penis on the face
  • Saias9Saias9 Senior
    bonerific wrote:

yes all anime ppl are fags! bunch of furries!!

there are exceptions though :3
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    bonerific wrote:

bunch of furries!!

I have been summoned

Jumping is fine. It can help you, in fact jumping helps you deal slightly more damage with the falling momentum. It can also be your weakness. If people are jumping in combat -all the time- then they become predictable.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

edited January 2015
    This thread went shirley fast. Not surprised.

Crouchjumping is not an exploit, bhopping won't give you speed, and jumping will not be removed, ever. Learn scripting, code a plugin that disables spacebar and make a private server to have a "exploit"-free "medieval" dueling experience. I don't think that would be very popular though.

If this was a troll thread, then well done.
  • DinahDinah Skirmisher's wench PVKII Team
    Jumping is basically the best feature of the game, feels like playing an old arena shooter with no limitations to movement.
    The only limitation is yourself and how you cope with your own anger.

Also airstrafing is fun and rewarding if the server decides your hitboxes are blessed by the dodge gods.
    LOLIWDIT_zpsec1f606c.jpeg
    Agsma is me from the future
  • Combine™Combine™ Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I know jumping is good in another way such as telling someone you're friendly or trying to get someones attention even telling someone where to go, all you do is jump constantly and they move to you
  • bonerificbonerific Banned
    yes delete jumping only scumbags use that function
    penis on the face
  • Saias9Saias9 Senior
    but but how will i get across the obstacles!!
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Alright that's enough.

Stay on topic from now on.

Jumping is a feature and will stay.

Crouch jumping is not ideal, because it's instant, but what else could be done?
  • bERt0rbERt0r Senior
    You could make an option to always crouch jump so new players dont wonder about the height.
    You could remove either crouch jump or normal jump.
    You could revise the idea of dealing damage based on current movement speed since you get the most speed by jumping (up-down movement is speed).
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, somthing to something, Yaarrrrrgh!
    I be pro grammar!
  • Saias9Saias9 Senior
    ehhh i think its just ping is all but either than that jumping is fine.

its only really annoying with ranged classes and people who understand the maps well and exploit the terrain.
  • edited 11:11PM
    The unrestricted and air strafing, arenay-based movement is a reason why I love this melee fps system.

Honestly, PVK2 has probably ruined me from enjoying other melee-fps games, the mechanics feel so right and anything else that tries to deviate from it ends up feeling way too foreign

Oh PVK, I love you to death
    sLeDRRQ.gif
  • PossiblexPossiblex Senior
    Crouch jumping is ok. But your playermodel differs if you crouchjump. Just create a game, turn thirdperson on and test it. People like like 123 abuses it by spamming that ctrl button so their model will be difficult to hit. I don't complain about it. Since It's not that gamebreaking. I might be wrong about this theory, so please warn me if I'm wrong.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    Possiblex wrote:

Crouch jumping is ok. But your playermodel differs if you crouchjump. Just create a game, turn thirdperson on and test it. People like like 123 abuses it by spamming that ctrl button so their model will be difficult to hit. I don't complain about it. Since It's not that gamebreaking. I might be wrong about this theory, so please warn me if I'm wrong.

Better to have an accurate playermodel than to make them look like they're just normal jumping, thus throwing you off.
    76561198022443233png

• GlumpahGlumpah Senior
    bERt0r wrote:

You could make an option to always crouch jump so new players dont wonder about the height.
    You could remove either crouch jump or normal jump.
    You could revise the idea of dealing damage based on current movement speed since you get the most speed by jumping (up-down movement is speed).

These are good ideas.

As it stands people jumping around like spazzes on top of skipping is a pain to deal with. I mean you can crouch jump back, but I don't think "cant beat em join em" is the right mentality. Anyone remember the old days of instant stuns from blocks?

I used to spend time just hopping about swinging and timing the block so it happened almost at the same time, was ridiculously silly.
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited August 2015
    Finlord wrote:
    Real problem are those rate changers.

Who the hell or what the heaven are "rate changers"?

I keep hearing some inanity from that 123 guy about "rates", anybody that kills him means he's a lagger or a rate changer, but some of those "123 killers" I know genuinely don't know what are rates...Or rate.

Do you people actually just use that "rate changers" as a hidden excuse for "laggers"?

My opinion on this matter (Nobody cares ha ha ha good joke ha ha) is that exploits are nothing in comparison to Chivalry. Is the "Crouch-jump attack" really an exploit? It seems more like a full-on assault momentum attack. Either I'm mentally challenged or that "exploit" really is hard to learn on how to use effectively.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog