Item Unlocks

Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior
edited August 2014 in PVKII Discussion
PVKII has an infrastructure to allow weapon unlocks kinda like tf2 so you could have a renamed remodeled blunderbuss with new stats for example (Blunder cannon: +20% damage + 50% reload time) or new arrows new daggers new flintlocks ect drop / trade / store purchase systems could also be added too will this ever happen in pvkii do you think or is it just far too much work to implement?
"Everything with a beginning has an end"

Comments

• OPlatypusOPlatypus Senior
    edited 3:34AM
    I've always liked this idea for PVKII to become sorta like tf2 for the community to create new weapons and accessories for the pvk characters. Maybe something like a new longbow, attributes : +X % damage and +50% more total ammo capacity, downsides : highly flammable, special ability removed. Maybe another archer melee : The KitchenKnife, attributes: longer reach and and higher damage, downsides: slower movement speed (you get more damage but even huscarls can catch up to you). Maybe even replace your crossbow for a sheet of armor which increases your health and armor. Sorry for only archer ideas, hes my favorite class and dont really know what to do with the other classes. :D?
  • TenebrisTenebris Senior
    edited August 2014
    I don't really want new items in-game, I love PVK2 how it is now, with new classes added eventually. If the Developers would decide to add weapons though, I'd try them out and form an opinion. I'm highly against adding Trading. PVK2 shall not become another hat or business simulator like TF2 did.
    76561198003714084.png
  • AGSMAAGSMA The Antichrist has Resurrected PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I couldn't see PVKII having unlockable weapons, mostly because of the amount of characters that are in development. However, an upgrade station-like system would be interesting on a specific game mode, like Trinket Wars. I could see some sort of an altar specific for each class where you could combine a weapon with an item found somewhere in the map, and by summoning gods or other deities, your weapon can transform into an upgraded version, made with different materials or with a bigger range or something else.

76561198031989549.png

• Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    by this development speed, 2017-2018 maybe and i'm being realistic
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Major Troll.
  • Black BellamyBlack Bellamy Senior

by this development speed, 2017-2018 maybe and i'm being realistic
    I hope i will live long enough to see the game come out in full
    ah well but i can't help it

i'd love to have a reason to play the game again, for a while
    j7rk8n.jpg

I hope i will live long enough to see the game come out in full

"And that kids is how the sharpshooter was when it was first released" "Wow grandpa! You're THAT old?! Can't believe that the Healers were released around my birth year and the MAA at my MOM's graduation for her doctors degree." The odds don't seem to be EVER in your favor.
    Hit sounds would be nice too instead of the crappy damage number that comes on your screen that sucks and dosent work half the time
  • amirraz125amirraz125 Senior
    Game is dying, there are literally 20 servers that still exist. Devs need to do something. An Idea like that may bring the life to the game once again. :icon_grog: :icon_grog: :icon_grog:
    mxVai8r.gif
  • amirraz125amirraz125 Senior
    I agree with Major Chulain, even I don't really play anymore lol. Pretty sure I will start playing again when Man At Arms comes out. :icon_viking2:
    mxVai8r.gif
    amirraz125 wrote:

Game is dying, there are literally 20 servers that still exist. Devs need to do something. An Idea like that may bring the life to the game once again. :icon_grog: :icon_grog: :icon_grog:
    out of those 20 2 of them have people on it and they are always 100 ping servers
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited August 2014

Hit sounds would be nice too instead of the crappy damage number that comes on your screen that sucks and dosent work half the time

Damage number? You mean the custom plugin on SBP? The custom plugin was used to let you know you hit them without having to look at the special bar. You hear them getting hit as well normally.

amirraz125 wrote:

Game is dying, there are literally 20 servers that still exist.

Game isn't dying. The servers have been around the same for years with mixture of NA and EU players with the occasional South America/Russia etc.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

lol

that moment when you don't recognize anyone in the servers while you've been playing on and off very actively for 4-5 years..

it's already dead in some ways
    j7rk8n.jpg
    I recognize people and meet new ones too. Doomsday talk is so 2010 XD

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• Links121995Links121995 Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    While not a bad idea, new weapons should probably not be prioritized until all the classes are implemented and balanced. (That is to say, the new classes are balanced with the existing classes and themselves. I am not trying to say that the existing classes should be balanced. That's for another thread's discussion.)

The game is not dying or dead, so unlockable/findable/tradable/purchasable weapons and cosmetics are not necessary to revive it. They would likely not increase player retention, as the difficulty curve is what drives away the majority of the cowardly free-loaders. This is also a topic for another thread.

As for that altar system, I think that would make an interesting game mode. Similar to Trinket Wars, only with a capture-the-flag aspect.
    8gQi4T5.png
    ofcourse it isn't needed
    we need faster updates

as for the doomsday talk, you know what i mean :icon_stabhead:
    anyways see ya next month
    j7rk8n.jpg

Damage number? You mean the custom plugin on SBP? The custom plugin was used to let you know you hit them without having to look at the special bar. You hear them getting hit as well normally.

Game isn't dying. The servers have been around the same for years with mixture of NA and EU players with the occasional South America/Russia etc.
    Listening for the "UUUHHH" is not reliable at all

Listening for the "UUUHHH" is not reliable at all

I hear it fine, and I don't use headphones XP

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

And folks we have made a 180 and returned to the original topic! I agree with Link that new weapons or more specifically full customization of your class looks and weaponry should be shoved in the backseat (should be easy :P) and prioritize the actual development of the game.

I hear it fine, and I don't use headphones XP
    Half the time they dont even make a sound. It sucks
  • FelisFelis Glitch Kitty PVKII Team
    edited August 2014

Half the time they dont even make a sound. It sucks

iqIMYrh.jpg

Back in topic please, stop derailing your own thread lol.

I personally dislike weapon unlocks like that. If new weapons would be added, I want that all the players should have access to the weps and they don't need to unlock anything. I dislike TF2's weapons since you have to buy/trade/find a weapon that affects gameplay to use it IMHO. Would be pain in the ass to balance too.
  • OrochiOrochi Senior
    Perhaps your brilliant ideas should be placed here: http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=12069
    ''Felis catus: what if they would chose me or you to be a test lead''
    ''Felis catus: i said that if i get chosen, ill jump out of my window naked with boombox attached to my body and Rammstein playing''

WELL S***.

76561198018781770.png
    edited August 2014

iqIMYrh.jpg

Back in topic please, stop derailing your own thread lol.

I personally dislike weapon unlocks like that. If new weapons would be added, I want that all the players should have access to the weps and they don't need to unlock anything. I dislike TF2's weapons since you have to buy/trade/find a weapon that affects gameplay to use it IMHO. Would be pain in the ass to balance too.
    I didnt choose to koko just forced me to. anyway weapons are extremely cheap you can get any weapon within 15 min or less
  • KNUDA.knatchKNUDA.knatch Senior
    edited August 2014
    Changing stats and improving items is a shirley idea, from start to finish. New skins and models as rewards for achievements? Not a bad idea, won't happen though as it feels like pvkii is too much of a hobby project for busy people. Changing the stats? Terrible.

And how many threads have we had where people stating that the game is dead? And has the servers decreased? Less people? No.

Yawn.

Changing stats and improving items is a shirley idea, from start to finish. New skins and models as rewards for achievements? Not a bad idea, won't happen though as it feels like pvkii is too much of a hobby project for busy people. Changing the stats? Terrible.

And how many threads have we had where people stating that the game is dead? And has the servers decreased? Less people? No.

Yawn.
    it would add a lot of new ways to play classes and would also add a lot of replayability
    edited September 2014
    Btw i am talking about this idea for the far future when the game is done and all classes are fully implemented ect this would offer another means of supporting the game and another way to keep people playing. Obviously i dont expect them to do this now when the game is still being crafted