Archer and Sharpshooter are of course the two dedicated ranged classes in PVKII. The Archer uses a bow and crossbow, and the Sharpshooter uses a pistol and musket. Despite the technological difference, I have reason to believe the Sharpshooter is inferior and not balanced with the Archer. Here are some simple reasons why:
1. Let's get what may be a personal preference out of the way first, which is that I feel guns are harder to hit with. Bullets travel almost instantly, but arrows and bolts are slower and easy to lead.
2. The bow has unlimited range, but the artisan pistol has a maximum range.
3. The butter knife is longer range, and can attack from all directions, whereas the fancy dagger auto-swings with the exception of thrust. This means the fancy dagger is more situational, and harder to hit with.
4. The Archer can carry more ammo than the Sharpshooter.
5. The Archer's special is quicker to ready up and fire, can be held as long as you want, and is longer range. You also can't damage yourself with it.
6. The Archer's crossbow has a quicker reload than the musket.
7. Arrows and bolts can bounce off something and still hit their target, but bullets cannot.
8. Archers can fire underwater, but Sharpshooters can't.
Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong, but I find all of these to be very good points. Let me know what you think.