So many years playing PVK2 are holding so many funny memories. As conclusion I always wanted to contribute something, by glueing together a nifty little custom map people would enjoy...
To keep it alive and running u kno'... just love. maaan.
But I never really had the patience or found the time (or the right workarounds/fixes for all the shirleyty valve tools...) and so poor little bobby dropped all his previous attempts.
Well, I installed PVK2 again a few weeks ago and was pretty suprised + happy to still see folks slashing and bashing around like mad man.
So I figured its really not to late for little bobby paying his CONTRRRIBUZEHRRN.
And itll be a lts map of course, since its the best mode. And it will be similiar to Arena, since its the best map.
Sry you're WRONG if you have another opinion.
(I also love other modes, but I chose "lts - arena like" because my patience with those mapping things still suck. Its easier I guess.)
So the main characteristics:
- A wide, open field with some obstacles on it.
- Those obstacles are rocks, wich also serve as platforms you can jump on.
- Those platforms are unevenly spaced apart from one another and getting bigger towards the map center.
- Thats because there will be a main platform located in the center. You can only reach it by using the smaller rocks as stairs. (only with jumping)
- No "underbridge" but some additional rooms behind the outer walls. (some of them will hold food + armor)
I just cant think of a good sudden death for it. Take a look on the screens for the basic setting/mood, maybe you have an idea.
But please consider that all the model stuff is still untextured, also the wall/ground textures are not final.
I consider myself a hammer dinah.
Im aware of that custom textures & models are not always welcome, since they blow up the size of pvk.
So, I'll do my best to only add very little and reuse it as often as possible without repetitive- ness.
Also: Is the name available ?
I searched for "Colosseum" on this forum... just to check its availability as a name.
And I found some old posts mentioning a certain Colosseum map. But I couldnt find the map itself or videos of it.
So is the name still unique ?