Belly Hazard Concept Contest

CrazytalkCrazytalk TerminatorPVKII Team
edited December 2013 in PVKII News & Announcements
Mapper and all around bad ass Tschoppo has a new map called lts_bellyhazard, which takes place in the gut of a mysterious sea creature. Some say it may be the legendary Octoshark!

Players swash around in this stomach-lined environment, fighting for the right to claim victory over such a beast. But they must fight quickly. Sudden Death brings with it a rising sea of stomach acid to melt players alive!

belly1.jpgbelly2.jpg
belly3.jpgbelly4.jpg

Sudden Death:

belly5.jpg

As you can imagine, the beast has come across undigestable entities throughout its reign on the high seas. You'll notice a viking ship in one of the shots above that was swallowed whole.

To celebrate lts_bellyhazard, we are having a contest. You have until Sunday, December 15, 2013 to submit concept artwork of an object that may find its way into the belly of such an enormous beast. It's up to you -- what may this beast have swallowed?

Post your concept art to either this thread or our Facebook page. You may submit up to two concepts. Any more than that, and we'll only accept the last two submitted.

Two winners will be selected -- one by the team, and one by a vote of the community. Winners will be chosen on creativity and detail of the concept.

Winners will have their concept modeled and placed in the map. They will also have their name placed on the team page as a Contributor and will have the Contributor title on the scoreboard in-game.

Best of luck to everyone! Also, be sure to stop by ModDB to nominate your favorite mods for Mod of the Year! Vote For Us if you feel we deserve to make the top 100!

badass.jpg

Comments

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 11:04PM
    I'd love to participate, are testers eligible?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Yes, all are eligible!

badass.jpg

• edited 11:04PM
    Put Patrick in there with a captain hat and a parrot on his shoulder swinging at Spongebob, and he's wearing the zerkerwolf hat. Squidward is an archer i guess, shooting at them from a distance.
  • DIFTOWDIFTOW Senior
    Reminds me of Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly from Zelda64
  • darktemplardarktemplar Senior
    I love how incredulously similar this is to the Sudden Death event in my map pw_lts_haze_final.
    Right down to the stomach acid melting players and the viking ships swallowed whole!

Yet again it seems the dev team has taken from the community (cough tortuga) without asking in an attempt to repopularize their own mod with minimal creative effort.
    Weren't some of the maps released in 2.6 actually like, over a year old?

This is disappointing indeed for those that look closely enough.
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy Members

I love how incredulously similar this is to the Sudden Death event in my map pw_lts_haze_final.
    Right down to the stomach acid melting players and the viking ships swallowed whole!

Yet again it seems the dev team has taken from the community (cough tortuga) without asking in an attempt to repopularize their own mod with minimal creative effort.

I'm just going to put this here before somebody else points it out that this map was in development for a while well before your map idea came into existence.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• DIFTOWDIFTOW Senior
    And Ocarina of Time predates all of you, hah!

I'm just going to put this here before somebody else points it out that this map was in development for a while well before your map idea came into existence.
    Then why did it take so ridiculously long (like all their maps) to actually crank out?
    If you ask me, it is quite an embarassment if your community beats you to the punch in creative ideas for your own game.

Hey guess what, who gives a shirley. The world is built off repurposing ideas.

Hey guess what, who gives a shirley. The world is built off repurposing ideas.
    Did you make that profile just for that one comment? That's kind of adorable I feel so important.

Guess what, pumpkin. Repurposing and inspiration are VERY different from downright idea theft and concept copying. I understand the young confusion you have though.
    There's a thing called intellectual property. Since you seem to be unaware, in the REAL world, adults take this rather seriously because it pisses off the original artists and creators.

Get your definitions right before you run your mouth and look dumb, sweety. ;)

Did you make that profile just for that one comment? That's kind of adorable I feel so important.

Guess what, pumpkin. Repurposing and inspiration are VERY different from downright idea theft and concept copying. I understand the young confusion you have though.
    There's a thing called intellectual property. Since you seem to be unaware, in the REAL world, adults take this rather seriously because it pisses off the original artists and creators.

Get your definitions right before you run your mouth and look dumb, sweety. ;)

Better call up your lawyers then man because you are about to make a killing here.

Better call up your lawyers then man because you are about to make a killing here.
    It's actually kind of obvious it's you kok.
    It's not my fault tens of people in the community hate your guts. No need to flop around in rage on the forums.

I understand though. Your anime shirley that you pump into your 'maps' aren't nearly admired enough to be copied. I'm sure one day you'll make something worth being stolen in concept by other people. ;)
  • DIFTOWDIFTOW Senior

こんにちは。これは任天堂です。私はあなたの両方を訴えるつもりだ。
  • edited December 2013

It's not my fault tens of people in the community hate your guts. No need to flop around in rage on the forums.

I understand though. Your anime shirley that you pump into your 'maps' aren't nearly admired enough to be copied. I'm sure one day you'll make something worth being stolen in concept by other people. ;)

Yes, I am a kok pumping anime Shirley. Who ever she is.

DIFTOW wrote:

こんにちは。これは任天堂です。私はあなたの両方を訴えるつもりだ。

私の命を助けてください。
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited December 2013

Then why did it take so ridiculously long (like all their maps) to actually crank out? If you ask me, it is quite an embarassment if your community beats you to the punch in creative ideas for your own game.

Wait wait, hold the phone! Are you telling me that the idea of some kind of rising sudden death was created by you (in a map that wasn't created from you)?

tumblr_m7ds2vPuqO1ram5ofo1_400.gif

The concept of a rising death effect is not new to PVK2 and it has been done multiple times in maps. Arena with its rising lava, and custom maps that have some rising form of death such as custombasesurvival, aztec, davy jones (though technically in the current version it was missing the death portion).

Belly Hazard has been worked on for months before you ascended to PVK2 (yes, ascended). You must forgive Tschoppo for having spent precious FREE time (who would've thought people could have school/jobs while playing this game, ridiculous, ban Tschoppo right now!) to work on a map meticulously with us to get the feeling and balance just right after how different it looked before.

It might do you good to do your research first before starting some kind of hilarious accusation and a genitalia contest

Wait, what? What is this about asking the community? What do you think this post is about? I'll be the nice guy and tell you (don't tell anyone though, it will be our secret ok?)
    They are asking for neat stuff to put inside the map! Yes I know I had to do a bit of detective work to figure that out, my sleuthing isn't at the level it used to be. I bet if they threw a portion of a ship inside it will suddenly become more like that guy's map you ported.

Next up: PVK1 and PVK2 is stolen from Dactyl Nightmare (the game the map is based off of), crucify all the DEVS IMMEDIATELY!
    PROOF!

I dunno where you got that idea. Everyone who has read my posts know I am direct and have nothing to hide lol.
    Also I have no idea how you (everyone else knew) couldn't tell I was Saint Zakeru and the other names I used in game when I have the same voice and tags. Heck, can look at my profile and check the last names I used to make it even easier lol...

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

Yes, I am a kok pumping anime Shirley. Who ever she is.

私の命を助けてください。
    Making a second account so that you don't make (even more of) a complete fool of yourself to other people. Yup, makes a whole lot of sense if you ask me.
    If you're too afraid to say what you think under your current name because you know it's a pathetic troll attempt, at least have the guts to deliver with taste, sweety. :wub:

Making a second account so that you don't make (even more of) a complete fool of yourself to other people. Yup, makes a whole lot of sense if you ask me.
    If you're too afraid to say what you think under your current name because you know it's a pathetic troll attempt, at least have the guts to deliver with taste, sweety. :wub:

Oh deary me, not condescension. I don't know if my poor fragile heart can handle it.
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    Before this turns uglier, if you can't make posts regarding the topic at hand, I advise you to think before posting.
    Insulting members will get you a cool down time, and derailing this thread is an offence by itself.

Bottom line: this map is awesome, it will be done, it is original in terms of PVK and no one copied it from an unfinished custom map,

Now, someone has ideas what can be inside the belly of the beast? I have an idea.
  • DIFTOWDIFTOW Senior
    Cap1 wrote:

Before this turns uglier, if you can't make posts regarding the topic at hand, I advise you to think before posting.
    Insulting members will get you a cool down time, and derailing this thread is an offence by itself.

Bottom line: this map is awesome, it will be done, it is original in terms of PVK and no one copied it from an unfinished custom map,

Now, someone has ideas what can be inside the belly of the beast? I have an idea.

The Barinade: Bio-electric Anemone?
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Cap1 wrote:

Now, someone has ideas what can be inside the belly of the beast?

I'm always up for the idea of some kind of furniture in there like someone made a little nest for themselves while trapped inside from various debris the beast took in. Cozy~

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

Some very idiotic things.

NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-VERY-STUPID.jpg
    I actually could barely even finish your reply without bursting into laughter.
    You ran off on a mental tangent based on an assumption you made which you thought would make you smart when addressing it.

The concept of a rising death effect is not new to PVK2 and it has been done multiple times in maps. Arena with its rising lava, and custom maps that have some rising form of death such as custombasesurvival, aztec, davy jones (though technically in the current version it was missing the death portion).

I never said the RISING ACID concept was what was incredulously similar. By the way, you don't need to bold words you don't know the meaning of in other peoples replies. Just ask, honey <3.
    You only focused on one of the things I briefly mentioned copied from the map I created, almost like it was the pinnacle of worth in mentioning.

Belly Hazard has been worked on for months before you ascended to PVK2 (yes, ascended). You must forgive Tschoppo for having spent precious FREE time (who would've thought people could have school/jobs while playing this game, ridiculous, ban Tschoppo right now!) to work on a map meticulously with us to get the feeling and balance just right after how different it looked before.
    The time I spent on my map which I got out before his was ALSO in free time, bumpkin. No need to cover up how much more you have than everyone else with that half-statement.

It might do you good to do your research first before starting some kind of hilarious accusation and a genitalia contest
    The irony here is HILARIOUS, pay close attention because here is why.
    If YOU did some research for yourself, you'd know the acid doesn't even rise in my map. The boats sink into it over gradual time. It does not rise at all, so you going os far out of your way to bring up that concept which I never actually implied was what was copied, and then try and defend it vigorously only makes me giggle, pumpkin. Please pay attention to what is ACTUALLY on the board before putting yourself into the foreground and shooting off on something no one was actually referring to in the first place. (It was rather humiliating from my point of view)

Wait, what? What is this about asking the community? What do you think this post is about? I'll be the nice guy and tell you (don't tell anyone though, it will be our secret ok?)

They are asking for neat stuff to put inside the map! Yes I know I had to do a bit of detective work to figure that out, my sleuthing isn't at the level it used to be. I bet if they threw a portion of a ship inside it will suddenly become more like that guy's map you ported.

Again, PLEASE pay attention. I wasn't talking about them asking for content to add to the map. I was talking about the SIMILARITY of the map itself and how it seemed another representation of their habit to take more content from the community than what they actually create in a span of time.

Also, you've already used the word sleuth before. You need to be a bit more verbose, otherwise you turn into a broken record.
    And I did not port the map. More than 75% of the maps contents were created originally by me. What IS his was still technically HEAVILY tweaked by me but even so, I gave him 100% credit where it was due, unlike how they handled tortuga, which was my purpose for mentioning it.

Kok please don't make yourself look even worse to people. I never said RISING acid was what was stolen. 'official' maps for this mod tend to take way longer than any map would ever need to. It is not my fault I got my map out sooner ;).
    Please google 'direct object' for me. You are VERY bad at following it, and it is a chore for me to set you straight on what was spoken of and why.
    edited December 2013
    Cap1 wrote:

Cap1 the map has been done for quite a while. Those who choose to deliberately ignore facts that humiliate them because it outshines anything they've actually made but try to deny would be under such an impression, so I understand.

Edit: Also, it's spelled offense. I understand though, being accurate and proper isn't big with everybody.
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    I think you need some cooling off time..
    I asked you privately and in here to stop derailing this thread and carrying on this offensive tantrum.
    If you choose to ignore that, nothing I can do to help you anymore.
  • DIFTOWDIFTOW Senior

Cap1 the map has been done for quite a while. Those who choose to deliberately ignore facts that humiliate them because it outshines anything they've actually made but try to deny would be under such an impression, so I understand.

Edit: Also, it's spelled offense. I understand though, being accurate and proper isn't big with everybody.

Offence is correct in UK English. It's only with an "s" in American English.
    edited December 2013
    Cap1 wrote:

I think you need some cooling off time..
    I asked you privately and in here to stop derailing this thread and carrying on this offensive tantrum.
    If you choose to ignore that, nothing I can do to help you anymore.
    I actually didn't receive any private message from you Cap1.
    You really need to get your stuff right before relying on it.
    There is no new message on my profile. Not sure why.
    But for reference, I didn't ask for your help with anything. I'm fully capable of actually creating something myself before I act like I've actually made anything.
    I do appreciate the notion though, thank you very much Cap1. <3
    And I agree, let's get back on track if we can.
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Looks a lot like you people need some time to calm down. All the derailing comments will be hidden, they are not helpful to anyone.
  • edited December 2013
    Well, after some here and there about what could possibly be filled inside the belly of the beast I've come up with a concept idea that is now finished.

https://www.dropbox..../Untitled-4.jpg

The idea is that it's big enough for players to fight around it with an area (2nd pic) that you can go inbetween. It's to represent what is left of an unfortunate incident with a lighthouse called the Bellpoint Lighthouse that I just came up with. I even made a small drawing of how it could have looked like :3

Then there's some example piles of rubble (1st pic) to show kinda what could be lying around it, ranging from a bell and a skull to a lantern and a door. The level of detail is subject to change, especially on the rubble surrounding it.

EDIT: Here is my second submission. I couldn't decide which civilization so I picked all three I had in my mind :3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyh1j7xnpiutljg/IMG_014.png

They can be put anywhere to show why the tribesmen are so scared, or why some rocks are missing on Easter Island or the biggest mystery of all: What happened to Atlantis? I went light on the amount of ruins though but I am really bad at drawing greek statues so pillars and walls have to do :V

Well, those are my entries to this contest. Hope y'all like it :3 And good luck to all the other entries ^w^
    "Finally I can shoot with this weapon and not just kill!"

FUF!
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited December 2013
    Ever wondered what happened to the captain's right leg and left hand? Surely a mystery worth bogglin' the minds of even the greatest theorists of the universe. Well look no more!

contest1.jpg

So this is my first idea, it may not be indigestible entities but it can still poke a fun backstory to what made the captain so battle-scarred.

Will update this post in the future for my second submission.

UPDATE

Here's my second idea, skeletal remains of unknown origin, perhaps an mythical advanced aquatic species who fell victims to this horrible fate?
    concept2.jpg

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• MS32MS32 Server Owner Senior
    Denshin wrote:

Ever wondered what happened to the captain's right leg and left hand? Surely a mystery worth bogglin' the minds of even the greatest theorists of the universe. Well look no more!

contest1.jpg

So this is my first idea, it may not be indigestible entities but it can still poke a fun backstory to what made the captain so battle-scarred.

Will update this post in the future for my second submission.

Great work and great idea!
    +1
    pvksig2_zpsqrchpjno.gif
  • GødricGødric Senior
    This is hilariously awesome, you never cease to amaze Devs. RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!