pvkii content .gcf

Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
edited October 2013 in Bugs/Support
I need to open this file with GCFscape to make a copy of the game but it's no longer located in the Steamapps folder. Could someone please tell me where I can find it now or if they do have the file there? Any help would be appreciated.

Greets,
j7rk8n.jpg

Comments

• Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    edited 5:52PM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007\pvkii
  • Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    It's not listed there for me. I really do think it should be located at Steamapps though. It's been there always. I had to re-install PVKII today and now it's gone.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • Shellshock_Shellshock_ Senior
    Games that use Valve's new content system are no longer stored in .gcf files. I'm not completely sure, but I think the only way to back up one of your games is done by either copying the entire game's folder or using Steam's backup tool.
    Yeah, its odd because it was there before the 2.6 update. I'll give the manual copying a try. Thanks ;)
    j7rk8n.jpg
    I gave both a try and both with no succes. I could only copy over 500MB while the real game is over 2 GB+. Back-up isn't an option either because apparantly they change into some other file.
    If it's really gone, i don't see how i can continue to play this game any longer without severe mouse problems.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Severe mouse problems? what exactly are you trying to do?

badass.jpg

edited November 2013
    There's some sort of bug in the original PVKII for me which doesn't allow me to move my mouse as I usually do. An example for this is that i can't quickly turn to the left or right anymore with my mouse because there's a delay and I just end up looking in a completely different direction. So basically i can't hit anyone properly or accurate. This is definately not a sensivitity issue or mouse related and only happens in PVKII.

I need to make a second copy of PVKII ( by extracting the pvkii content file with CFGScape to sourcemods ) to get rid of this mouse issue. It's really unplayable. But unfornately this file is gone now so I don't see any other option to be able to play normally. I already tried re-installing PVKII and Steam a couple of times.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    I'm still not understanding what copying the files over has to do with it. Do you have to modify any files?

badass.jpg

• AkzAkz PVKII Team
    There is no GCF file anymore because of the move to the SteamPipe content system which doesn't use GCFs. The pvkii mod folder now resides in Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007\pvkii as pointed out by Cap1 above.
    I see. Regarding the mouse issues, i've been able to get rid of them by changing my resolution to windowed mode only. You can lock or delete the topic & thanks for the replies.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy Members
    edited November 2013
    I know you said you solved the issue, and that a manual copy didn't quite work.

But you should now be able to completely copy over the "pvkii" folder from "Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2007" to the sourcemods folder and have it work. (after restarting Steam of course) It's kind of like the GCF file was extracted to that folder. You also need to make sure that when you copy it, that the gameinfo.txt shows a SteamAppId of 218, and not 17570.

Also, Source SDK Base 2007 needs to be updated and ran once. Just figured I'd point this out in case somebody else has reason to do this.
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

I see, that's where i went wrong. Thanks.
    j7rk8n.jpg