Objects (items) get stuck in each other, sharpshooter rifle automatically triggering a shot after li

Shellshock_Shellshock_ Senior
edited October 2013 in Bugs/Support
I came across the first bug a few days ago, although I'm not sure whether it has its root in the Source Engine code itself as I've experienced a similar bug in an official Valve game as well. Anyways, I was playing as Captain and fought off an enemy archer with the help of another Captain. After having filled my special bar, I loaded it into the blunderbuss and shot at said archer, who was retreating through the small tunnel to the bridge area nearby the castle. In the very moment I shot it away the other captain released his parrot and the projectile of my gun and his parrot got stuck in each other in the air. They remained in that position until the other captain walked up to them, touching the projectile and thus causing it to explode.

The second bug occurred to me while playing as Sharpshooter. The rifle was loaded and as soon as I had filled my special bar, I lighted the gunpowder bag and threw it. However, after having activated the special, I held down M1 to fill up the charge bar. Now, having it send on its way, the rifle automatically released a shot. I was a little bit confused and thought that I might have had held M1 for too long. But then I noticed that there was still a projectile in it, meaning that the shot which got released automatically (and also did no damage as far as I noticed) was just a-nothing and I could still use it without having to reload it. Now, it would be a great idea if some sort of mechanism was implemented, requiring you to release M1 and then press it again in order to be able to shoot.

Comments

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 6:02PM
    Captain's cannonball getting stuck in the parrot is a known thing.

I can't say I fully understood what you're trying to describe for the sharpshooter. Did the rifle fire the moment you let go of M1 after charging the powderhorn? I've had experiences in the past with some fiddling with the weapons that caused it to fire, sound and animation only being client side without dealing damage or consuming a shot.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Shellshock_Shellshock_ Senior
    edited 6:02PM
    Denshin wrote:

I can't say I fully understood what you're trying to describe for the sharpshooter. Did the rifle fire the moment you let go of M1 after charging the powderhorn? I've had experiences in the past with some fiddling with the weapons that caused it to fire, sound and animation only being client side without dealing damage or consuming a shot.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. It's not game-breaking, but still a little bit confusing, always requiring me to ensure the rifle's still loaded.