bt_nes_smb_castle

Pache94Pache94 Donald ThumbBeta Tester
edited 3:43PM in Community Maps
Look its me a Pirate!

2013051800004.jpg

Was learning how to use sdk and decide to make a map and then this happen ^
So ya its my first map :D feedback would be nice and hopefully i can improve in the future

download
king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif

Comments

• Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    edited 3:43PM
    Good work Pache, we are playing it now and I have some feedback already:

-First turtle of every route pushes you backwards or forwards in a weird glitchy way.

-The gaps are too wide, heavy classes with chests can have a hard time to make the jump.
    -instead of dying by the lava when you miss the jump how about being tele-ported to a 8377.gif on each deadly platform. that would decrease some frustration.

-Rangers are too op in this map, I see you have trenches like cover, but I suggest adding more above the surface cover.
    -I suggest an easier way to navigate through the map, like a sewer system or a second floor, its really hard to attack someone's base.

For a first map, first version it's pretty damn good.
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Make the chip tune non-looping, please. It gets on the nerves rather quickly. I believe it would completely suffice to have the tune in the beginning of a new round, once and for a short time. It would get the desired effect across while not being annoying.

It was noticed that once a team has secured chests, they're pretty much set and will only rarely get attacked. The problem here being that many fail at just getting out of their own base, because of the tricky jumps with those sometimes glitchy turtles around. This takes up a lot of time, too, especially when you fail once. You end up having to start all over again. I suggest a means of safely and quickly leaving one's own base. A shortcut of sorts.

As Cap already suggested, cover is needed, desperately. Ranger classes have a really easy time pushing people into the death pits with their strong weapons. Vikings are also somewhat gimped in the sense that they lack a dedicated ranger class and are at a severe disadvantage in this map.

As a first map, this is very impressive, but there are some flaws to be worked out.
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    where you not able to make the first jump on stardard gravity as well Cap1? i think you said that earlier.
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    Oh yeah, also, if a chest drops into the "lava" it doesn't respawn for a while, i can see that getting abused.

example: camping an enemies base and just constantly throwing chest into lava
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    I didn't, not saying it's impossible, but trick jumping and death punishment isn't very friendly.

Suggesting a bowser like bridge that will open after capping getting the first chest.
  • I_Davidian_II_Davidian_I Land Lubber! Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Will check this out now :)

A pair of working hands will achieve more than thousands of pair of hands praying

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    And last but not least, chests don't respawn when they fall into the fallpits, making it even harder to capture a chest from another team.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    thanks everyone for the feedback
    ill see if i can give it a update sometime soon :D

o and about the chest not respawning in a certain amount of time how do i change the time? i thought it was to long too, but i had no idea how to change the respawn time and where the chest would respawn if it was knock down in a certain area
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    You've got to work with trigger_teleport here. Simply have a filter_activator_chest, to make sure only chests get teleported. The trigger can point to a info_target.
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    MeeSa Like ;P
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.