Buccaneer Weaponry: My Point Of View

2»

Comments

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited September 2012
    Goodness gracious, what a brilliant outcome! Alright, you've proven the legitimacy of your two accounts. But what's up with the third?

Also, both of you stop posting unnecessary guides please.
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    edited 8:13PM

Goodness gracious, what a brilliant outcome! Alright, you've proven the legitimacy of your two accounts. But what's up with the third?

Also, both of you stop posting unnecessary guides please.

They're actually triplets. It will take a day before we'll see the other one though.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • ZaffreZaffre Senior
    edited September 2012
    Not sure about the other account. it doesn't have any posts, so it shouldn't be a problem. Now let's get the train back on the tracks.

The weapons look good, except for the cannon barrel. It would be very hard to hold because of its weight, for one thing. If holding it didn't fracture a bone, then the kickback from it firing would. I'm not sure about the special attack. If it were implemented, the weapon itself would be stronger than the special attack.

I think a weapon such as a carver's knife would be better than a meat cleaver. It just seems for fitting in my opinion.

EDIT: @Peepeewilson: Okay, I won't post any more. :)

DOUBLE EDIT: Above edit as in guides.
    classic-76561198049611738.png
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    The plot thickens, once again!
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • AleihrAleihr Senior
    edited November 2012
    This thread makes my brain feel all hurty.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    still say he shouldnt be a cook with meat cleavers and should be the first blunt weapon bruiser (Wrapped Fists and such) in the game
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • yushyush Senior
    edited November 2012
    Agreed with...wait...Ocelot now?

1. Fists. Right fist wrapped in chain, left in cloth. Right fist slower, more powerful, left faster, but weaker; no perfect parry possibility (works both ways). Special - uppercut sending foes in da air (with whirling hand - see popeye)
    2. Two - handed Club. Slow, massive, medium range.
    3. Two Classy bomblets http://fmacskasy.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/fuse_bomb.jpg

T
    hats mine proposition. And of course, he should be black monstertrucker :D
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    The fists could work nicely if you say, couldn't parry with it, but instead right click controls the right fist.
    And yush, I love that special. It could be another stationary special like HK's. The damage on that special wouldn't be too severe, and instead the actual hazards is the falling damage afterwards. But this means the special would be drastically reduced in effectiveness when fighting in areas with a low ceiling, Temple for example.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• yushyush Senior
    edited November 2012
    That is the point, Densh, but using it properly would probably be deadly as hell :)

It came to me that it could be double special - one with fist, with low damage, and high flight, and second with massive club, a forward about 120 degree smash that would have moderate damage output (little less than HK's special) but would push enemies back with good power.

I think that it would be good solution for fists to make them somewhat reduce damage when not using - something like auto - block all the time - so they should be in "guard mode" all the time when not attacking.
    Other solution is to block with chain-wrapped fist and forearm, and attack direction would be used to control right / left hook, forward - double fist smash, downward - maybe a grab???

just...saying :)

me be too creative of nature, alas they don't want me to be Beta Tester :'(
    Maybe that is the reason.

Cheers.
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    YES YES YES

EXPOUND ON THE BLUNT WEAPONS AND FISTS !

and yes my name is Ocelot now haha
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • QuelsatronQuelsatron Senior
    My Buccaneer weapon suggestion:
    Ball&Chain: 2h weapon, swings the ball around by holding the chain close to the ball. Nothing special, just like the berserkers and HK's 2handers. Special: Throws the ball, which deals heavy damage. When it hits an enemy or a wall, it drops to the ground where it lies, still connected to you by chain. If you press the super button again, you pull the ball back via the chain, dragging anyone standing between it and you with it.

Fists: Deals medium damage. A fully charged hit will instead of punching them, quickly pick the enemy up and throw them in the direction you charged the attack with WASD, so if you started charging while moving to the left you would throw them to your left side. You can throw the enemy into walls or other enemies to deal damage. Lighter classes are thrown further.
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    How about the fists but he has a bottle of rum in one hand that he swings at people and in the other just his bare hand.
    (purely cosmetic the bottle could break when you hit someone with it or start broken)

p.s. EYE ME BOTTLE OH SCRUMPEY
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall