The Saint's Complete Guide To The Archer

Saint ArcherSaint Archer Senior
edited 3:26PM in PVKII Discussion
Hello there! Today I will be telling you tips, tricks, and strategies for my favorite class;

The Archer!

The Basics

The Archer is a medium speed class, with moderate armor and health. The Archer relies on his longbow and crossbow. The Short Sword (Nicknamed the Butterknife), is a small and generally weak sword. It can deal out a lot of damage if used correctly.

Stay Away!

Run away! The Archer is not a class designed for close range! Your best opportunity to deal damage is at long range with your crossbow and longbow! If you get too close, there's nothing you can do about a Berserker!

Keep Your Crossbow Loaded!

An unloaded crossbow has led to the death of many Archers. Conserve the loaded bolt and only use it when it is truly necessary!

Don't Get Cocky!

Stay behind your teammates! If you get cocky and charge into battle, you're likely to become mincemeat! Stay at long range and lay down suppressive fire!

Dealing with Teams; Vikings!

Next up, I'll tell you how to deal with different teams! First up;

Berserker!

The Berserker is a relatively easy class to deal with. He has no defense whatsoever against ranged weaponry! They are quick on their feet and can dodge your projectiles! Predict their movements, and with enough arrows, they'll go down! Watch the axe, though!

Gestir!

The Gestir is a little bit harder to deal with. He is armed with a spear, a sword and shield, and javelins. The Sword does more damage than you'd think, so keep out of range! The shield is weaker than others, and goes down in about four or five hits. Watch his javelins, because two fully charged throws can easily kill you! When is shield is down, focus fire on him. He is hard to parry in close range, so keep on the offensive unless you can predict which direction he will swing!

Huscarl!

This is the hardest Viking class to deal with. What they lose in speed they make up for in armor. They can take about ten through twelve hits with the shield before it goes down. Their axe can kill you in three hits, two if they're lucky! The sword does a little more damage than your short sword, but they have a shield too! Their throwing axes can kill you in four or five hits, so when engaging a Huscarl in ranged combat, watch his movements! The axe is incredibly powerful, so try and keep out of range on it!

Review; Vikings!

Two out of three of the Vikings have shields, so it is advised to flank them or get behind them to deal damage! The Gestir and Huscarl are rather slow, but the Berserker is one of the fastest classes in the game! When dealing with him, keep him away when he gets close to you!

Dealing With Teams; Pirates!

Skirmisher!

The Skirmisher is, by far, the hardest Pirate to deal with, maybe the hardest in the game! His cutlass does a high amount of damage at incredible speeds. His flintlock does moderate health and armor damage, but it's inaccurate. Exploit this weakness by dishing out accurate shots with your bow! The Keg is easy enough to avoid, just stay out of the throw range and you'll be fine! He is much faster than you, so get him while he's at long range!

Captain!

The Captain is a little faster than you, so keep a long to moderate distance! His cutlass does more damage than the Skirmisher's cutlass ,but swings slower. His blunderbuss at point blank does high armor and health damage. His parrot does two to three damage per second, and can be killed in one hit from any weapon. He has a lot of armor but not much health. If you hit him three or four times, he'll be near death!

Review!

The Skirmisher and Captain are a good team when it comes to dealing damage! The Skirmishers usually charge ahead, so don't rush them! Captains are slower and stay behind, but are a tank class for the Pirates! Fire at long range at all costs!

I hope this guide helped you in your endeavors!

Bring glory to the International League of Archers' position on the Round Table of PVKII!

Huzzah!
"Saint Archer, they will call me!"
-Archer on becoming a Saint.

"Sure, I'm a little young, but I'm not annoying like a good bit of children on the internet."
-Myself on My Age

Comments

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 3:26PM
    i dunno w + m1 works pretty well for me
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    you seem to fancy archery
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Your stats are wrong.

Captain is not faster than the archer, and I'm pretty sure he has more health than armour.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Depending on what levels of experiences this guide is meant to assist, it can be useful to some extents. If I was moderately new, I'd take in all the tips I could get.

If you get the time, you could attempt editing in additional tips if you come up with any. Like, tips about when to go alone, when to stay with your group, maybe what you should do if you would ever be separated from your teammates considering Archer is a class that thrives in the protection of Heavy Knights

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• DrauliusDraulius Banned
    Moderate armor and health? Try limp noodle.
  • Saint ArcherSaint Archer Senior
    edited September 2012
    Crackpunch wrote:

Your stats are wrong.

Captain is not faster than the archer, and I'm pretty sure he has more health than armour.

Captain, just barely, is faster than an Archer. The Captain requires three armor pickups to fully restore his armor from zero. On one HP, he requires two chickens to restore his HP.

"Sure, I'm a little young, but I'm not annoying like a good bit of children on the internet."
    -Myself on My Age

Captain, just barely, is faster than an Archer.

cl_showpos 1
    edited September 2012

Captain, just barely, is faster than an Archer. The Captain requires three armor pickups to fully restore his armor from zero. On one HP, he requires two chickens to restore his HP.

Okay I was wrong about the Captain having more health than armour. He has 125 health points and 150 armour points. So you're still wrong about the "has a lot of armor but not much health."

For future reference:

eV1L Jack wrote:

General Info:
    Food heals a fixed 65 health points, armor recovers a fixed amount of 60 Armor points.

Also, you're still bullßhitting about speeds. Both move at 210.

Do some research before making such claims.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • shayologoshayologo Senior
    edited September 2012
    you say lot of wrong thing

Archer, captain and gestir have exactly same speed, but archer lost little speed when you load arrow. That make other class can cautch you.
    But you arrow slow theim. time lost by shoot is win by hitting target

A zerker is not an easy target, he is harder than captain because he deal more damage have best speed and range and have more heal
    When zerker use his special the archer is just dead

Skirm cutlass did low damage (same as butterknife but with shorter range) it's just faster. In mele Archer win vs skirm because his sword range is better witth a good block advantage
    Pistole did low damage, you need 6 bullet for kill archer and you have only 6 bullet with a very bad accuracy. pistole is good for finish a target but not for deal real damage

Gestir is one of the more effective class agaisnt archer : throwing spear when archer reload, shield to come close and long spear for kick his ass, with the big range and fast attack archer is just nearly dead when a gestir is close of him

Huscarl is just to much slow for catch archer if he don't have is special, he need 4 throwing axe for kill one archer but he have only 4 and it's not easy to hit with throwing axe (slow and short range)
  • bERt0rbERt0r Senior
    Let me try too:
    bERt0rs guide to archer:
    You are an archer. Shoot enemies before they come close and/or run away.
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, somthing to something, Yaarrrrrgh!
    I be pro grammar!
  • lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    bERt0r for president 2013
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior
    Man I now finally know how to play archer thanks saint!!!
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • PerspectivePerspective Senior
    pew pew
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    pew-pew-pew-small.jpg

i can haz porkins kill>?

PEW PEW PEW
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • bERt0rbERt0r Senior
    wilson.jpg
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, somthing to something, Yaarrrrrgh!
    I be pro grammar!

you say lot of wrong thing

Archer, captain and gestir have exactly same speed, but archer lost little speed when you load arrow. That make other class can cautch you.
    But you arrow slow theim. time lost by shoot is win by hitting target

A zerker is not an easy target, he is harder than captain because he deal more damage have best speed and range and have more heal
    When zerker use his special the archer is just dead

Skirm cutlass did low damage (same as butterknife but with shorter range) it's just faster. In mele Archer win vs skirm because his sword range is better witth a good block advantage
    Pistole did low damage, you need 6 bullet for kill archer and you have only 6 bullet with a very bad accuracy. pistole is good for finish a target but not for deal real damage

Gestir is one of the more effective class agaisnt archer : throwing spear when archer reload, shield to come close and long spear for kick his ass, with the big range and fast attack archer is just nearly dead when a gestir is close of him

Huscarl is just to much slow for catch archer if he don't have is special, he need 4 throwing axe for kill one archer but he have only 4 and it's not easy to hit with throwing axe (slow and short range)

Your grammar, I don't even...

On topic now.

The Captain IS actually faster than the archer. I've tested this before, with a friend. I was Archer, he was Captain. We ran in a straight line, him chasing me, and me running, no arrows drawn. He caught up to me halfway and butchered me with his cutlass.

Actually, a decent Archer can overpower a good Berserker. The Berserker needs to close into the Archer. Multiple arrows means less armor, so when they get to point blank after getting shot four times, the crossbow can usually do the rest of your work for you.

I see what you mean about a Skirmisher, but, you are mistaken. The cutlass is actually LONGER than the shortsword. Just barely, however, but a Skirmisher can get in and get two undercharged hits while an Archer can only get one out. The pistol does do little damage when you have armor, but it does a good bit when you're low or out. I've met my demise several times at it's clutches.

It is true that the Gestir is one of the better classes to deal with an Archer. But, the crossbow is a good weapon to deal with a Gestir. When a Gestir is charging up his spear, you can charge up one arrow, and maybe get a fourth of a charge on another. The Archer has fifteen chances to hit him, plus another five on the crossbow, that means twenty chances to hit without an ammo pickup. The Gestir, however, only has two.spears. If one misses and cannot be picked up, the Gestir is our for ranged weapons.

The Huscarl, actually, is only a little slower than an Archer. If he is barely out of axe range, a Huscarl could switch to his axes and start hitting the Archer in the back. Then, if the Archer tries to turn and shoot, he'd meet his end at the hands of the Huscarl.

That's about it.

-Myself on My Age

The Captain IS actually faster than the archer. I've tested this before, with a friend. I was Archer, he was Captain. We ran in a straight line, him chasing me, and me running, no arrows drawn. He caught up to me halfway and butchered me with his cutlass.

That's just because you're too stupid to walk in a straight line

cl_showpos 1
    edited September 2012

Your grammar, I don't even...

On topic now.

That's because English is his second language.

You're either a liar, stupid or trolling.

http://i.imgur.com/N9dqf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/OM6gJ.jpg

Top right corner. "Vel" tells you your current velocity. When running on flat ground, both the Archer and Captain reached a speed of exactly 210.

Give up yet?
    trolololsig.png

ping make the speed difference, that why your friend run faster

When you have a low ping (20) archer become very easy class to play. Arrow shoot are near instant hit and you gain and little better speed VS hight ping

It's for that some player seem be faster than normal speed

As captain i know i can't catch an archer with same/better ping than me (I have near 80)

With berserk if archer have near 20 ping we run near same speed

For this raison archer kick my ass easily
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    dude every time you post i feel like its the brain from futurama posting

ron-dancing-animated.gif
    There's alot of insulting going on in here

signatureopaquesmall.png

Denshin wrote:

There's alot of insulting going on in here

Two direct insults, probably a few passive aggressive remarks I didn't pick up on. You're exaggerating a bit, especially considering some of the other threads around here.
    You're also not adding anything constructive to the topic with that post, but then again, neither am I with this post.
    trolololsig.png

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    Sorry if I've been pretty shirleyty, I've got family problems going on, but they're over now.

So, I'm about to publish some more to the guide. Any requests?

-Myself on My Age
    A guide only helps to a certain skill level, I just don't see the need of folks who already know how to play the archer, to make sarcastic comments about the guide if it didn't help them.

It makes me sad seeing people all madd at echother :' (

signatureopaquesmall.png

• eggzoreggzor Senior
    Denshin wrote:

A guide only helps to a certain skill level, I just don't see the need of folks who already know how to play the archer, to make sarcastic comments about the guide if it didn't help them.

It makes me sad seeing people all madd at echother :' (

new pvk community, half the playtime, double the anger!
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    lol i wasnt insulting him

im just simply asking leig to make some sense

as i cant understand his posts half the time i read them

it looks as if hes getting his English lessons second hand

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    No one can break the ice like Peepeewilson.

UnnkMC you speak about my message?

UnnkMC you speak about my message?

YOU TRY TO FUCK ON ME?