"Viking Norsemen"

Lt.HargroveLt.Hargrove Senior
edited 10:23PM in PVKII Discussion
Developers

I have encountered a problem with translating this phrase to Polish. What does it refer to - overall "Northmen" or the specific group of people speaking Old Norse? Did you think about that or you just put it in there?
I am sorrying for my poor English.

Comments

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 10:23PM
    I think both work but more so it's used to refer to people who spoke "old" Norse
  • lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    Not that it matters now, but it refers to citizens, tradesmen, sailors and warriors living in Scandinavia. (Norway, Sweden and Denmark)

People like myself :icon_viking2:
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • Noah es FrioNoah es Frio Senior
    Also why is Berserker not called Ulfsark?
  • simumsimum Senior

Not that it matters now, but it refers to citizens, tradesmen, sailors and warriors living in Scandinavia. (Norway, Sweden and Denmark)

People like myself :icon_viking2:

Scandinavia is more than those three countries
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Finland & Iceland is included, aye?

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• KNUDA.knatchKNUDA.knatch Senior
    Nope. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Where as the Nordic countries are Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. Pretty sure about that.
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Norsemen are the people from the north, and thus pretty much everyone from the region of Scandinavia. Vikings are technically Norse pirates. To go viking was to go on journeys to pillage and plunder, basically to commit piracy. Later the name of vikings was given roughly the same meaning as Norsemen.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • simumsimum Senior

Nope. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Where as the Nordic countries are Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. Pretty sure about that.

Well... damn.

Don't forget about the Faroe Islands though.
  • The NibelungThe Nibelung Senior

Also why is Berserker not called Ulfsark?

It would make more sense. If they ever introduce different skins/modeltypes of same class there should totally be a real berserk one and have the old one be named ulfsark.
  • Noah es FrioNoah es Frio Senior
    Also archers technically aren't knights, but that doesn't really matter, does it?
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior

Norsemen are the people from the north...

We come from the land of the ice and snow.
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    With the midnattsun!

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    simum wrote:

Scandinavia is more than those three countries

I was just going to tell you I found it interesting and funny how you doubted my knowledge of what "Scandinavia" is while I live here, but luckily KNUDA.knatch came to you first. lol.

Furthermore, the original region referred to as "Scandinavia" only consisted of Norway and Sweden while Denmark was later added.
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game