Let's organize a PVK match

rosserw2rosserw2 Senior
edited 1:26AM in PVK Discussion
Hi all,

I don't need to tell everyone here how much the original PVK still cries out to be played, even today. Not to badmouth PVK II, but the original has its own maps, own mechanics, and own character. Alas,the passage of time and the release of the sequel means no one plays regularly these days. Let's try to change that, at least once a month or so. I'm located on the east coast of the USA, but can play a wide range of times to accommodate others. I can also offer my own decent, but not amazing (15-20 mbps down/4-5 up) connection to host while we're playing.

Here's a link to the last version of the mod for anyone who needs to reinstall it. You'll need the original Half-Life to play, of course. I have most of the old custom maps on my HDD as well, if anyone is interested.

How about a preliminary date this weekend? I'll throw up the server Friday and Saturday if I hear back from anyone!

Steam ID: Fraggins

Comments

• CelestiaCelestia Senior
    edited 1:26AM
    i'm down.
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    Like a quarter pound here.
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    I'll play and stream it.
  • murphymurphy Cannon Corking Codfish Cuddler PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    I'd join aswell!
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    Expect me
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • Cool ManCool Man Senior
    I’ll try to be there, If anybody is playing around the evening / night GMT +02.
  • rosserw2rosserw2 Senior
    Glad to see all the interest here! I will throw up the server starting tomorrow afternoon and leave it going through Saturday. If anyone has a better connection than me and wants to throw up a server, that would be even better. Let's try to converge at 9PM (EST aka GMT -4) on Friday 6/8/12 or 9PM Saturday. Other times would be fine too, but we should settle on one. So let's say 9PM EST Friday.(i.e., tomorrow) Feel free to voice alternatives below if you can't make 9 on Friday.

There's a PVK1 Steam group here. Try to join it before 9PM Friday--it'll make identifying each other a little easier!
    edited June 2012
    I think it will be my 3am.
    so anytime earlier can do fine. I'm usually up in these hours but i'd like to start earlier than 3am. but don't take me under serious account. My fault for living behind an ocean
  • [STA]Wallace[STA]Wallace Senior
    I will be there
    So the final hour is your 9PM?
    Yeah. Sorry to the those players across the Atlantic. We'll just have to do another one in the next week or two that better accommodates you all (or feel free to organize one yourselves and post here--you'll have less lag if one of you hosts it :) ).
    mmmm F that.
    That's what coffee is for, see you there!
  • Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    I'll be there
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
    Anyone have advice on hosting a pvk dedicated server? I tried downloading the "Dedicated Server" tool in steam but it doesn't have PVK listed. I think we'll be ok with just a listen server if I can't figure this out, but any advice would be appreciated.
  • Cool ManCool Man Senior
    Starting at 3 am for me… I probably can’t make it. Let’s see some other time, if you get this flying, and if there’s will for compromises about the time then.
    OK, I've gone ahead and put the server up. I've poked around for a while but haven't been able to get it to actually show up in the internet list of servers, but if you go to favorites and use my external ip (68.45.163.83) and add it to your favorites you should have no problems. Hope to see you all soon!
    Join the group chat
    Update: The server was up from 5:30-10:00 tonight. We had 4-7 people on throughout that period, with probably 10 or 11 unique visitors. All in all, a successful test run.

In the future, we'll probably hold matches at 4 or 5 EST (GMT -5) on a Saturday or Sunday to accommodate the most players.

Let's do this again soon!

PS: Please join the PVK steam group if you haven't. It makes coordinating a lot easier!
    Thanks to everyone who played. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for another go
    Anyone interested in trying again this weekend? I'm thinking I'll throw up the server at 4 PM EST this Saturday (6/16/12) or Sunday (6/17/12) and plan for everyone to converge by 5PM. Let me know which day would be better for you!
    rosserw2
    Saturday night is perfect.
    After you're set on a time and day post it as a group event for everyone to see.

since there's no voice in the game, everyone is invited to join the group's chat and talk there.

I vote for the zombie map.
    OK, not hearing any objections, we'll go with Saturday at 5pm EST (GMT -5). Server IP will be 68.45.163.83. I will throw it up at 4 in case anyone wants to get on early. Steam group is here--join it for coordination purposes and to get on group chat before and during the match!
    Sounds good I will be there
    edited June 2012
    Just a reminder: Match today (Saturday) at 5PM EST (-5 GMT)! Server going up at 4! IP: 68.45.163.83
    Simplify it for me, in how many time units from now?
    Haha. Should have said this before. The server will go up in 1 hour and 20 minutes (or earlier) from the time of this post. Everyone should make sure they are on by 2 hours and 20 minutes from now to converge all at once.