{R} Servers's Death Punishment too Harsh

DrauliusDraulius Banned
edited May 2012 in Servers
I'm going to start by saying that I am easily, EASILY the best player in the Ronin, Gentleman's Club, and Butt Pirate servers. I play there all the time, and am always first place and pwning dinahs and pros alike (and spraying their corpses so they know they got pwnt), but that's not what I'm here to talk about. What I'm here to talk about is how many points you lose for dying. Each time you die you usually lose 12+ WHOLE POINTS. Even for a professional player like me, I am still losing points because of this when I'm doing my very best. That's how unbalanced it is. Now I don't know who is in charge of this server, but whoever you are, I implore you to nerf the death punishment if you want to keep valuable important professionals like me playing in your server. Every time a map where you die a lot is selected (like Its_inferno) I have to leave the game because so many of my points will be lost, and my time put into the game to obtain them will be wasted. Or even when a bunch of guys think it's funny to team up on me and repeatedly kill me, I have to quit the game until they leave... Actually now that I think about it you should start telling players to stop being jerks and killing me so much too (like Stan Toplicker or whatever his name is), but that's beside the point.

So yeah, unless you want to lose some VERY important players like myself you better fix this issue ASAP. I'm tired of losing so many points, trying so hard not to die, and sweating over my expensive keyboard just because of how imbalanced this points system is.

Thanks for listening to me.

Comments

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited 9:17PM
    lol

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• edited 9:17PM
    biggrin.gif
  • R-PhoenixR-Phoenix Simpering Beggar Senior
    Points...
    I'm Resurrected Phoenix, #1 Europe HEIÐRIK KONG Fan and Founder of European-Canadian Alliance.
    sjdhfklsdf.png
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    you are so valuable.. try sell yourself!

slugsig.jpg

• edited January 2012
    QUOTE (Tschoppo @ Jan 17 2012, 03:06 PM) »
    you are so valuable.. try sell yourself!

Would get us more money than all the beta testers sold at once... icon_yarrpirate.gif
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited January 2012
    QUOTE (Draulius @ Jan 16 2012, 10:04 PM) »
    I'm going to start by saying that I am easily, EASILY the best player in the Ronin, and Butt Pirate servers.

... Actually now that I think about it you should start telling players to stop being jerks and killing me so much too (like Stan Toplicker or whatever his name is), but that's beside the point.

So the point is Mr. Pink can rape the undisputed best player?

Anyway, before you bitch about that let's look at Cannabis Club, which uses SODSTATS. Every time I die there, I lose 10-20 points. I only get 2 for killing anybody, and I am STILL the top 2 ranks on the server

My advice is learn to not die so much
  • SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    What.
    Production Manager
  • gheedgheed Banned
    edited January 2012
    The points scale depending on who you kill and who kills you. I assume this is just a troll but if not then damn bro chill out rankings aren't a big deal.

http://pvkiistats.zapto.org/hlstatsx/hlsta...mp;player=15725
    Good day to you partner! I'm Gheed and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. A spare weapon, some gold, a small gem is all I want in exchange for the equipment you'll need on whatever quests you might undertake. Now, now, now... Don't be shy, all of my items are guaranteed for life and come with a two-day warranty!

10975376-cupid420-banner.jpg

{R} | 24/7 Arena/Cathedral [HLStatsX|Chicago]: 69.28.220.10:27015 * Gentlemen's Club [Island|24/7|Mature|HLStatsX|NYC]: 69.90.34.171:27015 * Slammin Butt Pirates CUSTOM|FASTDL: 216.6.224.138:27015 * iG | Trinket Wars [EU]: 84.246.125.35:27900
  • DrauliusDraulius Banned
    So I'm going to lose 12+ points just because a good new player kills me? Sounds pretty imbalanced to me...
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    The whole is point is so that you can't get rank 1 just by playing a lot, you actually have to be good
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Can't tell if trolling or phucking retarded.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
    Came to learn today he is not trolling. He continuously runs to get food/armor, retreating while holding parry to do so, if he gets hit once or twice. He spectated when about to die twice but told him to not do it again and he listened.

I'm aware most if not all of the "top 10" on the lolrank thing do this, but he took it to an extreme.

More reason for why I think rank is toxic and hardly shows who is better than another (more like who is better at getting food/armor first and stacking).

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

This is a known imbalance issue, which is caused by the necessity to deactivate objective based point rewards, such as "chest capture". As soon as the developers find a solution to the reported "chest glitch", we will be able to re-activate points for capturing chests and then change the points for kills in a way which encourages people to do objectives to rank up. As for now, we can't avoid "rank whoring"...
    That was why I compromised with having rank reset every 2 weeks. Those players that have to play so carefully (stacking/food&armor when damaged once/etc) and server hop will be unable to get rank high enough in that time period before its reset again. Also, it prevented that power vacuum of those to get high rank ASAP then sit on it slowly increasing. Sadly, that power vacuum is showing itself which because its been more than 2 weeks since last reset if I remember correctly...

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

Mhm, I'm up for the 2 weeks reset. While we're talking, I would love to get the KD info back on the scoreboard for the gamemode last team standing. It just adds another level of awareness and you can't possibly foodwhore so I don't see any reason to not have them in. Teamstacking already is over the top in european lts so that can't be used as an argument, really.
  • gheedgheed Banned
    edited January 2012
    Just the other night I saw Mr. Pink go down in rank to Major Chulain for first place and all people in top10's points are pretty close, the range is only 1000 points which can be easily advanced by playing well (running around and killing people, picking up food and armor as necessary in order to have the best ratio possible) and being active on the servers which I think is a great little point system which also greatly benefits the game's population by giving competitive players a common goal. I'm not that good at the game but my highest rank was about 100 because I managed to rise back to a 1:1 K/D ratio from a .4 or .5 ratio (from idle smoking) when I decided to get serious for a couple nights even though I started out at one of the very lowest ranks (from idle smoking). The point is that there isn't much of a power vacuum, and if any of the top players stopped playing as much they'd start to see their rank falling to people who are more active in pursuing the top rank. This doesn't affect people who have lower rankings as much because it scales exponentially as you rise in position. Our old top10 list composed of different people than who we have now; I remember the vanilla WoW system which was very well accepted and it was pretty similar to what we're doing with a couple adjustments. Basically, we'll end up wanting to reset the rank tables two to three times a year and that'll round off a complete season. We've been considering trying to add in custom achievements like we had it in TF2 for people who manage to keep the top rank for a set period of time as sort of a motivator and bragging right.

Major Chulain running around picking up food to avoid dying in order to kill more people every single day + Mr. Pink & other players doing the exact same thing = Good competition, skill, and activity

Which is huge for a game that's been struggling to maintain and it'll continue to be exciting when the influx of new players join up and add another ocean of competition between each other (considering they're all new and bad) opposed to the old school top player's skill bracket. When they dinahs get better at the game they can advance in rank just like I did or they can wait for the next reset to come around. I've managed to come from the very lowest rank to 100 in just a couple nights because I destroyed good players on the regular which means it's not as flawed as you think and in order to rise to the very top you'll want to start dominating the very top as the points scale for who you kill.

I got 20 points for killing Mr. Pink, he got 2 for me. So in order for either of us to rise in rank from fighting he'd have to kill me 10x as much as I'd have to kill him and this is how it scales for every player in the game.
    Good day to you partner! I'm Gheed and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. A spare weapon, some gold, a small gem is all I want in exchange for the equipment you'll need on whatever quests you might undertake. Now, now, now... Don't be shy, all of my items are guaranteed for life and come with a two-day warranty!

{R} | 24/7 Arena/Cathedral [HLStatsX|Chicago]: 69.28.220.10:27015 * Gentlemen's Club [Island|24/7|Mature|HLStatsX|NYC]: 69.90.34.171:27015 * Slammin Butt Pirates CUSTOM|FASTDL: 216.6.224.138:27015 * iG | Trinket Wars [EU]: 84.246.125.35:27900
    Still we need the fix, like I've mentioned. We're mostly talking about LTS or even TW, but it's pretty annoying to have some kind of "LTS behavior" in booty mode. I had a lot of matches recently, where the pirates' and vikings' counter would just stay at "240", while everyone was running and fighting.
    edited May 2012
    If you make stats reset every 2 weeks then what's the point anymore, all the competitiveness will be killed. I'll have no motivation when all my efforts will be soon erased. I and other competitive players would leave your server, I guarantee it.

:icon_restless:
    edited January 2012
    So all that talk we had in that other topic about rank resetting was a waste of time? Funny I never heard about this change in decision until just now.

This power vacuum is very apperant in a server like SBP, which shouldn't have a place for rank. It is more casual and new-bie friendly, making it a safe haven for such rank whores to come in, scare them away making some leave, then when the said rank whores die once or twice they leave. That is not promoting good sportsmanship nor is it healthy for new players to want to stay in. This is not skill either. Sure, some are good better than average, but their biggest asset are coward tactics (which is not the same as running away as skirmy to fight someone else or being an archer etc that some beginners may say). If you can honestly tell me stacking teams, running to get food/armor to avoid death thus avoiding objective (as draulius demonstrated very well today during a TE map), can you really tell me they are being "skilled"?

Back in the day, when SBP had rank for its server "only", it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. Sharing it with other servers particularly LTS made it worse. The top people in SBP during that time were more known for their skill level because you had to be active on the server and you wouldn't always get away with such tactics, because there was no other server to hop to and climb that rank ladder there when you couldn't on SBP at that time (certain maps like massacre are hilarious for rendering rank from such people, hence you will NEVER find such people on that map, they will leave).

Now the idea of giving achievements, titles, or whatever by encouraging this behavior? Terrible, I will say that straight, no offense. Before the first reset, I am sure no one here could say Narb was at the level to be a first place player, but he was certainly good at stacking and food/armor grabbing, and changing servers to find one more suited for him, and now you want to reward such behavior? Hilarious, no offense again, gheed.

You also know that this game has not been losing people but gaining. You yourself have even mentioned new players coming all the time, and for sure it isn't because of rank.

I continue to pray that rank will be removed on SBP, but sadly I do not have control over it. All I can do is watch it scare away some players because of the occasional rank whore coming on to gain some quick points then leave after 1-2 deaths.

Draulius wrote:

If you make stats reset every 2 weeks then what's the point anymore, all the competitiveness will be killed. There will be no point in trying hard anymore when all my efforts will be erased within a week. I and many other competitive players would leave your server, I guarantee it.

Funny enough many players are still around when we had rank and took it off a few times, and in fact gained more when it was off (but could be a considence). Where will you go anyway, 24/7 island? EU server? The reason you are upset is because it takes you a long time to get rank with the method you've been doing, as I stated above, especially at the skill level you have demonstrated to me, having to take tablescraps for kills where possible, where some others are more capable of getting kills (although they may use the same tactics stated many times here). Having it set every 2 weeks would alleviate that kind of behavior and prevent the power vacuum that has currently been going on.

There is nothing competitive about the way you play.

Edit: wtf why is "new-bie" spelled properly come out as dinah?

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

If we got rank points for completing the objectives then we wouldn't have this problem you speak of.
    edited January 2012
    Draulius wrote:

If we got rank points for completing the objectives then we wouldn't have this problem you speak of.

You do.............. and it hasn't stopped all those people (including you) from doing those tactics........

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

edited January 2012
    You do? Well I don't receive any notification about it, and it must not increase my points by much. This is why I would rather get as many kills as possible, my rank increases much faster that way and we all know that KDR>meaningless objectives. :icon_agapirate:

:captain: :parrot: :archer:

Captain = High-ranking intelligent player who cares about his KDR
    Archer = Low-ranking dinah who pays too much attention to objectives and gets himself killed
    I am glad you are supporting my argument.

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

I'm also supporting your argument. :icon_pirate:

But I still believe in the solution I posted.
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    What happened to playing for fun, rather than trying to one up the other guy?
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • gheedgheed Banned
    edited January 2012

So all that talk we had in that other topic about rank resetting was a waste of time? Funny I never heard about this change in decision until just now.

This power vacuum is very apperant in a server like SBP, which shouldn't have a place for rank. It is more casual and new-bie friendly, making it a safe haven for such rank whores to come in, scare them away making some leave, then when the said rank whores die once or twice they leave. That is not promoting good sportsmanship nor is it healthy for new players to want to stay in. This is not skill either. Sure, some are good better than average, but their biggest asset are coward tactics (which is not the same as running away as skirmy to fight someone else or being an archer etc that some beginners may say). If you can honestly tell me stacking teams, running to get food/armor to avoid death thus avoiding objective (as draulius demonstrated very well today during a TE map), can you really tell me they are being "skilled"?

Back in the day, when SBP had rank for its server "only", it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. Sharing it with other servers particularly LTS made it worse. The top people in SBP during that time were more known for their skill level because you had to be active on the server and you wouldn't always get away with such tactics, because there was no other server to hop to and climb that rank ladder there when you couldn't on SBP at that time (certain maps like massacre are hilarious for rendering rank from such people, hence you will NEVER find such people on that map, they will leave).

Now the idea of giving achievements, titles, or whatever by encouraging this behavior? Terrible, I will say that straight, no offense. Before the first reset, I am sure no one here could say Narb was at the level to be a first place player, but he was certainly good at stacking and food/armor grabbing, and changing servers to find one more suited for him, and now you want to reward such behavior? Hilarious, no offense again, gheed.

You also know that this game has not been losing people but gaining. You yourself have even mentioned new players coming all the time, and for sure it isn't because of rank.

I continue to pray that rank will be removed on SBP, but sadly I do not have control over it. All I can do is watch it scare away some players because of the occasional rank whore coming on to gain some quick points then leave after 1-2 deaths.

Funny enough many players are still around when we had rank and took it off a few times, and in fact gained more when it was off (but could be a considence). Where will you go anyway, 24/7 island? EU server? The reason you are upset is because it takes you a long time to get rank with the method you've been doing, as I stated above, especially at the skill level you have demonstrated to me, having to take tablescraps for kills where possible, where some others are more capable of getting kills (although they may use the same tactics stated many times here). Having it set every 2 weeks would alleviate that kind of behavior and prevent the power vacuum that has currently been going on.

There is nothing competitive about the way you play.

Edit: wtf why is "new-bie" spelled properly come out as dinah?

We considered the idea for a two-week reset but that would just be so completely pointless you might as well remove the entire thing and there's just too many benefits provided by rankings to do that. Casual and dinahie-friendly? Safe haven for rank whores? I think if dinahs are going to get run out of a server by good players it's going to happen regardless of a ranking system and practically every server on the game has a point system. The benefits of being able to go to a website and check out everyone's profile and statistics is far too great of an advantage for our entire connected population. People love that shirley and I get messages almost every day asking if I'm going to get rid of the ranks in disbelief because this topic is brought up so much here. You don't think you scared off new players back in the day when you didn't have a point system by simply winning against them?

People are going to ragequit anyways; that's online gaming so of course you did. Just curious, what's the difference between dinahs enjoying your O.G. super talented pro-skills friends and them enjoying our "rank whores"? dinahs will leave faster when they realize they're getting owned by Koko's O.G. friends faster than they will leave because they're getting owned by a rank whore for this reason; if you manage to kill the good rank whore, you get rewarded with a large amount of points but you get absolutely nothing besides a prior ass-beating for killing the O.G. friends.

As far as team-stacking and "running away" goes; I think team-stacking is acceptable every now and then. And once again, it's going to happen regardless because I know a lot of good players (including yourself) love changing their names to avoid detection. If the dinahs ragequit the server because they got destroyed and go to one of our other ones searching for more players in their skill bracket; who cares? Running away is just part of smart decision making in a competitive player's mind; if you don't like people running away and healing ask the developers to remove all the food they give us. On that note, I seem to kill players who run away just fine and I've never heard anyone other than you complain about it. Also, a lot of O.G. players are still boasting that their level of skill is great (as I saw when I first started this game) so your rant about casual play is bullshirley because there is competition everywhere regardless of the system. Casual players aren't going to give two fridges if rank whores come in because those rank whores are no different than a regular O.G. talented player (they run around and grab food too sorry but it's true).

People aren't going to leave just because they don't have a map most suitable to their rank, our combined servers pull in 300-400+ new players every 24 hours and very few of them actually know rank even exists. I've seen people leave SBP not because of the rankings, but because some of the maps completely blow and they've told me this.

If Narb wasn't using the chest exploit before we fixed it; I can vouch on the time spent and skill displayed with Skirmisher in our LTS server that he deserved his rank. I'm just going to ignore your complaints about custom achievements but you're acting so helpless when you're a super admin on SBP. And praying? Absolutely hilarious, no offense.Try this, when a rank whore comes in to "scare away the dinahs for quick points" who probably don't know what rank is or care anyways; do something about it and see how popular you get. What exactly is rank whoring; is it caring about your rank? Is that such a crime? You'd basically be booting out good players which is completely opposite of the point you're attempting to solidify.

SBP is perfectly fine with our ranking structure and is a popular server with proof regardless of what you say. If you don't like the rankings just ignore them as I've seen a whole lot of casual players do on both Ronin, GC, and iG. If you want a truly populated server 24 hours a day it generally has to be either a 24/7 server or a few GOOD (official usually) maps in rotation with RTV. http://pvkiistats.za...tsx/hlstats.php go here look at the 24h graphs for SBP and compare it to last month. I've seen a lot of rapid ups and downs, and as I'm typing this you have 20 people in the server. People don't leave because there are ranks they leave because some of the maps aren't fun and the fact that everybody clears out at the same time and people message me about it is enough proof for that assumption.

They don't clear out of Ronin, GC, or iG because there are ranks Koko, and there's a ton of dinahs in GC that I've demolished myself (iknocrazyrite?) and most of them didn't even leave. If they do leave they just ragequit without saying anything, and then new people joined and not one fridge was given that day. I hear a lot of really opinionated complaints but I'm not seeing any real evidence that people absolutely hate them like you do.

You know what my secret to filling servers is? It's not booting out rank whores or explaining why people aren't as talented as the O.G. players are; it's because I speak words people want to hear through their microphones as do a lot of {R} regulars. Our {R} server has been crashing lately and I'm coming close to a complete fresh re-installation and update to fix the problem yet just last night we maxxed shortly after we restarted, someone threw on some chill tunes and 24 people relaxed and enjoyed casual play while two stoners laughed and told stories through the microphone from midnight til 3:00 A.M and we do that on the regular.

Maybe SBP just needs more cool admins cause from what I've experienced; one man can fill up a 24 slot server in thirty minutes or less any day.

• gheedgheed Banned

You do.............. and it hasn't stopped all those people (including you) from doing those tactics........

And no, we don't. Since the last rank reset there have been no points given for objectives and there won't be until the exploits are fixed.

• gheedgheed Banned
    Crackpunch wrote:

What happened to playing for fun, rather than trying to one up the other guy?

What happened to people having their own motivation for playing a game?

edited January 2012
    Casual and dinahie-friendly? Safe haven for rank whores? I think if dinahs are going to get run out of a server by good players it's going to happen regardless of a ranking system

Incorrect, it was nice for months before it came.

You don't think you scared off new players back in the day when you didn't have a point system by simply winning against them?

I steadied myself, I would change teams if I was doing exceptionally well on one side or pick a different class. I did not pray on the weak and stacked to get my epeen up.

People are going to ragequit anyways; that's online gaming so of course you did

Except now its exacerbated more than ever.

Just curious, what's the difference between dinahs enjoying your O.G. super talented pro-skills friends and them enjoying our "rank whores"? dinahs will leave faster when they realize they're getting owned by Koko's O.G. friends faster than they will leave because they're getting owned by a rank whore for this reason; if you manage to kill the good rank whore, you get rewarded with a large amount of points but you get absolutely nothing besides a prior ass-beating for killing the O.G. friends

wth is O.G?

I highly doubt those who care about rank will feel better because they managed to kill that rank whore once and got some epeen points they don't care about. My joy personally is killing them to see how fast they rage quit.

As far as team-stacking and "running away" goes; I think team-stacking is acceptable every now and then. And once again, it's going to happen regardless

If I see team stacking and the round wins are excessive, usually I will randomizer (depending on the map) or shuffleteams.

because I know a lot of good players (including yourself) love changing their names to avoid detection.

Incorrect. I always leave the 9 in it to let people know its me. I change my name a lot for fun. Also, whenever I join, it plays a custom sound that only plays for myself specifically. Plus, people can see my profile, which is unchanged minus maybe the picture.

If the dinahs ragequit the server because they got destroyed and go to one of our other ones searching for more players in their skill bracket; who cares? Running away is just part of smart decision making in a competitive player's mind; if you don't like people running away and healing ask the developers to remove all the food they give us. On that note, I seem to kill players who run away just fine and I've never heard anyone other than you complain about it.

Problem is you only sit in that LTS server of yours. If I ever see you on SBP its for 5 minutes before you afk and get moved to spec. Running to get food etc can only work so much in LTS because the round is over after everyone but one team dies. Majority of SBP maps are not LTS, and food/armor respawns. If I could, I would remove all food from maps but I cannot lol. Also, you do not = the average population, you are above the average player, so you "may" kill that guy who keeps running, but not the majority on the server.

Also, a lot of O.G. players are still boasting that their level of skill is great (as I saw when I first started this game) so your rant about casual play is bullshirley because there is competition everywhere regardless of the system. Casual players aren't going to give two fridges if rank whores come in because those rank whores are no different than a regular O.G. talented player (they run around and grab food too sorry but it's true).

Incorrect again, anyone who knows SBP's top players pre-rank they did not act in that manner. Some include Dance Commander (the best player imho, but haven't seen him in a long time now), all the SBP admins (hempen jig, davey jones, zodd, tom brady, etc), Overdog, murdering_fishtick, diesel, etc. You would know this if you knew the people on the SBP server instead of making assumptions.
    Again, I don't know what O.G is.

People aren't going to leave just because they don't have a map most suitable to their rank, our combined servers pull in 300-400+ new players every 24 hours and very few of them actually know rank even exists. I've seen people leave SBP not because of the rankings, but because some of the maps completely blow and they've told me this.

Pffffff ahahaha, yes people who rank whore will leave certain maps such as massacre because anyone who has been in there knows you will die fast and a lot in it. You again would know this if you had been on the server more to see the maps.
    Indeed, some people don't like all the maps. Some love skypirates, others hate it. Many love float, a couple loathe it. Thats how a server with many maps work. LTS just has two maps generally derp derp and island has one.

If Narb wasn't using the chest exploit before we fixed it; I can vouch on the time spent and skill displayed with Skirmisher in our LTS server that he deserved his rank.

lol~ he has yet to prove to me he deserved to be in the top 30 even. I remember also there was some skirmish going on in a different server with a bunch of pros, he had one of the poorer scores out of everyone. I am sure many of the top ranked people agree with me regarding Narb, which some have already the other day.

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

edited January 2012
    Part 2 of reply (for some reason was giving errors)

I'm just going to ignore your complaints about custom achievements but you're acting so helpless when you're a super admin on SBP.

Hardly super admin vs just being on the most (plus, it is beyond my power anything I can do about it as its up to hempy). You can ignore it but you can't disprove me. Also interesting how several people here including one of your top ranked guys agreed with me regarding the resetting (who happens to be prolly one of the only few who doesn't do those tactics that I noticed).

Try this, when a rank whore comes in to "scare away the dinahs for quick points" who probably don't know what rank is or care anyways; do something about it and see how popular you get.

Do what? Slay him? Please, you know I don't roll that way.

What exactly is rank whoring; is it caring about your rank? Is that such a crime? You'd basically be booting out good players which is completely opposite of the point you're attempting to solidify.

Rank whoring, if it wasn't obvious yet, is using those tactics above where you ignore objective and go for kills, focusing on food/armor and running when near death, and comitting suicide/spectate/disconnect when about to die and leaving after 1-2 deaths. Stacking as well. If you can tell me this is for a healthy environment then that must be some really good weed (or really crappy).

SBP is perfectly fine with our ranking structure and is a popular server with proof regardless of what you say. If you don't like the rankings just ignore them as I've seen a whole lot of casual players do on both Ronin, GC, and iG.

How do you know its fine with it? I never see you on it. Assumptions, again.

Yes, it is a popular server, because it is the main custom server that exists. I have done my best to help maintain that however possible, but rank likes to cause a scare in people and they may leave and come back later. Causing a surge in decrease just because of that is ridiculous. Again, you wouldn't know this since you're never on SBP.

This is not a personal problem as it is for the health of the server, something I have strived to achieve for the many months I have been here and as an admin. You can ask hempen that I look at for the server #1 first before myself.

If you want a truly populated server 24 hours a day it generally has to be either a 24/7 server or a few GOOD (official usually) maps in rotation with RTV.

SBP has always been populated long before rank came and went. You would not know this as you were not around during that time.

People don't leave because there are ranks they leave because some of the maps aren't fun and the fact that everybody clears out at the same time and people message me about it is enough proof for that assumption.

As I stated above, people will join or leave because of a map indeed. However, you are making a poor comparison. I was stating that those rank whores cause people to leave also including on popular maps. But you would not know this, because you do not go on the server. It is silly to assume just because some people will leave because of a map it must mean there can be no other reason for people to leave.

They don't clear out of Ronin, GC, or iG because there are ranks Koko, and there's a ton of dinahs in GC that I've demolished myself (iknocrazyrite?) and most of them didn't even leave.

Ronin is LTS as is GC if I remember correctly, and iG is an EU server. These are not custom servers iirc. LTS is more hardcore, not casual.

Edit: forgot GC is island, but still not custom maps

If they do leave they just ragequit without saying anything, and then new people joined and not one fridge was given that day. I hear a lot of really opinionated complaints but I'm not seeing any real evidence that people absolutely hate them like you do.

Because some of those new players do not come back after experiencing this. They become discouraged. I try to help them when possible with advice.

You know what my secret to filling servers is? It's not booting out rank whores or explaining why people aren't as talented as the O.G. players are; it's because I speak words people want to hear through their microphones as do a lot of {R} regulars.

Who said I booted rank whores?

Every secret to filling LTS servers is = LTS. That is their competitive ground, and should remain that way. LTS is more for the later part of the day, custom is usually all day. SBP fills very well.

Maybe SBP just needs more cool admins cause from what I've experienced; one man can fill up a 24 slot server in thirty minutes or less any day.

Because I don't agree with you I am not "cool"? Or were you referring to me being able to do that and there should be more of me.
    I help fill the server often by picking a custom map most like (float for instance) and go on the server. Many don't like being the first person on the server. This is why ours gets filled over dark-ages generally, another custom server.

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari