Surf_Burrito

ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' GoodPVKII Team
edited October 2011 in Community Maps
By Banjo Boy & Colonel Sanders
History has been made for the "Pirates, Vikings, & Knights II" community. Behold....

BURRITO ACKBAR!
Surf_Burrito by Banjo Boy and Colonel Sanders

Download, dive into, and conquer thine holy awesome sauce:
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/160615

Constructive feedback is welcome! No free chicken is guaranteed.

EDIT 10/12/11
Known issues:
Do not enter teleporters as spectator or your computer will probably crash.
You can get on top of the burrito! Climb up and try it yourself, but beware, do not fall down where the wings meet the burrito or you may get stuck. This will be fixed.
Team flag does not show up on pole.
Colonel! I get stuck coming out of the teleporter and cannot make my way up to the burrito! Answer: well you are going too slow so go faster next time, or just move around alot to speed up!
What's with the spotlight entity over the awesome sauce? Well it made its way in there and wasn't deleted. We tried to make a "holy" spotlight effect over the burrito but the size of the beam wouldnt change. Strange eh?
Where's the beef? Don't get me started?
What's that area down below? Go play it to find out!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

Comments

• GourdainGourdain Senior
    edited 6:14AM
    The skybox!
    Gourdain the guardian!
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    I'm just shocked it didn't happen sooner
  • JabbaJabba Senior
    Ah so thats what all those screenis on ur steamprofile were! Yeah that skybox is really cool! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to surf though...
    a1ntOi0.gif?1
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Lol u saw those jabba. This map feels like an easy introduction to surfing as most of the map is centered around le giant burrito senyor. Banjo and I have agreed to make a better update down the line. Anyone know a fix for the light? We want that tiny spotlight to be huge and holy shining down on thine holiest of holy.

Let us know if you guys have any other good ideas!

Let's gets this on a server!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• edited 6:14AM
    Reminds me of that Taco Del Mar commercial with the guy in the giant burrito.
  • edited October 2011
    That map looks really nice.

Here's a testserver + FastDL (surf_burrito, surf_lava_reloaded; surf_nieve_b2, surf_banjo_lives_b2)

66.199.236.242:27016

Contact me via Steam/PN, if you need anything set.
    Nice, only thing we need now is a server that hosts surfing maps 24/7 wink.gif
  • edited October 2011
    QUOTE (Enzo @ Oct 13 2011, 09:39 PM) »
    That map looks really nice.

Here's a testserver 24/7 server + FastDL (surf_burrito, surf_lava_reloaded; surf_nieve_b2, surf_banjo_lives_b2)

66.199.236.242:27016

Contact me via Steam/PN, if you need anything set.
    Hey Enzo! Thats fantastic! Thanks for your kindness to get this map to the community network!

For now the map will remain as a surf map.

I'll send you a pm!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• edited October 2011
    No problem. tongue.gif
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    edited October 2011
    THERE IS NO GOD BUT THE BURRITO AND SPAMGROUNDS IS HIS MESSENGER.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
    We played with 16 people today, but the map crashes from tiem to time. Locomotion told me that it crashed as soon as you lit a barrel. You might want to test this.
    Enzo, thank you for helping us make surf_burrito a more enjoyable map for the community to play. Banjo and I will discuss changes needed soon, but I will begin a new test version with no teleporters with more surfing options even sooner. That first teleporter seemed to be the problem for me. Where else did you experience crashing?

Co-Lead | Level Designer

Locomotion went through the second teleporter and lit a keg while being a viking, he told me. Then the game suddenly crashed - for me and a lot of other people. This crash could be reproduced several times. You can use the GC surf server to test it with a bunch of people. Else, I'd record a demo and upload it for you during the next days.
    Outstanding. Your help is above and beyond what I thought anyone would do to help get our map to work for the community. We'll have to include you guys somewhere in the readme and possibly in the map too smile.gif

A new version of the map will be on its way in the coming weeks!

Co-Lead | Level Designer