Blacklight Promo art.

JasherJasher Senior
edited 5:15AM in General Art
Just a promotional picture I made for my upcoming video game.
Here's a little picture showing some of what I have been working on for about six months.

I made two mistakes when making this photo but I hope you will not notice them.

All the models were made and rendered in Blender.

Comments

• GourdainGourdain Senior
    edited 5:15AM
    QUOTE (Jasher @ Oct 5 2011, 03:46 PM) »
    I made two mistakes when making this photo but I hope you will not notice them.

I give up, is it that you wasted your time making 3D models when you could of just drew the pictures just as good?
    Gourdain the guardian!
  • JasherJasher Senior
    edited October 2011
    QUOTE (Gourdain @ Oct 5 2011, 06:05 PM) »
    I give up, is it that you wasted your time making 3D models when you could of just drew the pictures just as good?

Well I'm glad you don't notice them but if you have to know.....

1. On the squids head you should notice a small artifact were the color shows a slight purple on the skin when it should be consistently blue.

2. I'm not completely sure if it's a mistake but One of the squids tentacles overlays the eyeball when I originally intended it to be behind it.

There might be more but I don't think anyone will notice.

I could fix the mistakes but I mainly made this picture so I could put it on my desktop LOL.

Also there is no way I could draw the picture just as good lol. But I didn't make the models just so I could use them in this picture. All of them appear in the video game I am developing.
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    What is it about(the video game)?
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
  • JasherJasher Senior
    QUOTE (Tehsux (AKA Wors3dandeath) @ Oct 5 2011, 08:47 PM) »
    What is it about(the video game)?

Currently, I have nearly all the levels complete and features added. I still have a lot of polishing to do and sound effects to add.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the storyline but I haven't fully planned it out yet.

Blacklight is a fast paced puzzle game in which you must protect yourself from incoming orbs and monsters.

The main character is Retinas, a floating eyeball with telekinesis powers.

Here is a little concept story I wrote for the game.

Happiness, sorrow, anger, fear, all absent in this realm. The black filled the empty void of space, floating endlessly without fail. Memory and thought could not be found within the black. No loneliness, no desire, just a substance. But all changed when the gate opened. Light streamed into the dimension followed by voices and matter. The black and the light fused together. Blacklight was born. Happiness, sorrow, anger, and fear appeared in Blacklight. Memory and thought was found in it. Loneliness and desire gave it purpose.

Who am I among the great void? Strange thoughts pulse through my being as I try to answer. The gate continues to fill the realm with matter. Fear has become my ally. Together we will survive. Anger has become my master. Together we will destroy what harms us. Sorrow has become my tormentor and happiness my savior. I will see what lies beyond the gate. I will see.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    I wish my eyeball had telekinesis powers.
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    <!--quoteo(post=230263:date=Oct 6 2011, 06:24 PM:name=HEI
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • JasherJasher Senior
    QUOTE (Crackpunch @ Oct 6 2011, 03:15 AM) »
    Knee slappingly hilarious.

I sure hope my game turns out to be hilarious. It will probably sell better lol.
  • anemoneanemone Senior
    only you know what you're going for... hence they aren't mistakes anyone would notice. fool
    casper.s2

kinship is open for boarding,

sign the board and let flotsam become .s2

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=12155

the uncurstable; the untouchable— alliance, coalition, syndicate, kinfolks.... coterie

s2 'You'
  • JasherJasher Senior
    edited October 2011
    QUOTE (anemone @ Oct 6 2011, 07:08 PM) »
    only you know what you're going for... hence they aren't mistakes anyone would notice. fool

Ok.... I don't know how mentioning things that I think are mistakes makes me a fool but ok.