The Bi-Annual PVKII Jousting Tournament!

Comments

• SighSigh Senior
    edited 3:53PM
    something else that should be noted, we'll be having teams of 4 this time.
    Greetz,

Mister Sigh, CommoC Founder

QUOTE (Pysiek @ Dec 29 2010, 09:07 PM)
    Welcome on boat!

"When she misses her monthlies and wees on one of them preggie stick fings and the numbers are laughing little baby faces then you can panic." - Bango Bingo
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    wow are you serious I leave july 24th for 2-3 weeks.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    QUOTE (Mayday @ Jun 26 2011, 08:55 PM) »

huh.gif where this time?
  • SighSigh Senior
    QUOTE (Mayday @ Jun 27 2011, 04:55 AM) »

shirley happens, if we postpone so you can play, someone else can't.
    Greetz,

Welcome on boat!

"When she misses her monthlies and wees on one of them preggie stick fings and the numbers are laughing little baby faces then you can panic." - Bango Bingo
  • edited 3:53PM
    Already? And still no 2.5?
    Guaranteed idioticy since 1995.
    Cry some more.
  • SighSigh Senior
    Bi-Annual ^^
    Greetz,

Welcome on boat!

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    That means if the patch came out this year you can't have a tourney with it (hence it should be delayed until then)
    But either way I know you'll change bi to tri

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• SighSigh Senior
    well last time the signing up closed 28th of january, so its only logical it closes around the same time, but 6 months later. I think i'll keep that schedual.
    Greetz,

Welcome on boat!

• eV1L JackeV1L Jack Senior
    The winner may fight me xD
    As an admin for Convict Gaming Servers, I can guarantee a good turnout from some of the regulars over there. If you need to use the CvG servers, let me know and I will try and get it set up.

I can have a team of 4 pros ready to rock in no time.
  • Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    edited June 2011
    QUOTE (¤CvG¤™๖ۣۜBLaZe @ Jun 29 2011, 01:25 PM) »
    As an admin for Convict Gaming Servers, I can guarantee a good turnout from some of the regulars over there. If you need to use the CvG servers, let me know and I will try and get it set up.

You must be new here
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

Haven't seen been in the tourney. Not sure how it worked. Definitely not new to the game. Don't really post much.
    edited June 2011
    He meant in regards to the fact that nobody would want to play on your server for the tournament. It runs poorly, and half of the longstanding community is banned from it for no reason anyway.

Oh, that reminds me, I discovered an interesting algorithm when I was last on DIFTOW's server (cvg hosted as we know). For every player that connects it adds 5 to my ping. Empty server is about where it should be, but a full server I end up with 120-140 ping, which is totally ludicrous because I can play on some European servers with lower latency than that.
    I cannot speak for past instances with prior admins, but I can state that since I've been admin the server has been an enjoyable experience for me and as far as I can tell, for many others. We have a large number of regulars now and the server stays 3/4 full or full practically 24 hours a day.

Theres always going to be certain moments where lag does happen, but 95% of the time it runs smoothly.

I do understand where people get frustrated with the rules, but I also think that people over dramatize the whole situation. I do not kick people just to do it. Unless your spamming the mic, cheating, advertising another server, outrageous ping or trolling players far beyond the normal smack talk, then it's safe to say your not going to get kicked/banned.

As for the banning of different members of the longstanding community. Contact me about it and I will take the matter to where it needs to be to have the issue resolved if possible.

For as long as I'm an admin on the server, I will do everything in my power to make the gaming competitive, lag free, and a good place for new and experienced players to play.
  • SighSigh Senior
    This one time, I tried to join, but I couldn't, I was banned. I hadn't even been there before.
    Greetz,

Welcome on boat!

QUOTE (¤CvG¤™๖ۣۜBLaZe @ Jun 29 2011, 03:32 PM) »
    I cannot speak for past instances with prior admins, but I can state that since I've been admin the server has been an enjoyable experience for me and as far as I can tell, for many others. We have a large number of regulars now and the server stays 3/4 full or full practically 24 hours a day.

Theres always going to be certain moments where lag does happen, but 95% of the time it runs smoothly.

I do understand where people get frustrated with the rules, but I also think that people over dramatize the whole situation. I do not kick people just to do it. Unless your spamming the mic, cheating, advertising another server, outrageous ping or trolling players far beyond the normal smack talk, then it's safe to say your not going to get kicked/banned.

As for the banning of different members of the longstanding community. Contact me about it and I will take the matter to where it needs to be to have the issue resolved if possible.

For as long as I'm an admin on the server, I will do everything in my power to make the gaming competitive, lag free, and a good place for new and experienced players to play.

The impression I got is that most of the bans are some sort of "web ban."
    <!--quoteo(post=224752:date=Jun 29 2011, 04:34 PM:name=Hei
    It has something to do with Violent Crimes being a total nut, but it's nice of you to try to help smile.gif
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    Peepeewilson wants a tournament pal...
    Sup
    33afim8.png
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Never thought I'd see an actual reasonable CvG admin.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    QUOTE (Peepeewilson @ Jul 1 2011, 10:48 AM) »
    Peepeewilson wants a tournament pal...

Dibs
  • Dali's ClockDali's Clock Senior
    QUOTE (¤CvG¤™๖ۣۜBLaZe @ Jun 29 2011, 01:25 PM) »

depends, i'm muted from the server and don't remember the site you told me the other day.
    QUOTE (Blaze @ Sep 18 2011, 06:07 PM) »
    Yes I know throwing it to Barner was dumb everything was going fast, you wouldn't know this mainly because you don't actually play you just get high and sit in spectate all day :P

• Dali's ClockDali's Clock Senior
    and could it be possible to make this a manual parry tournament? that way we don't have the people who only block be slowing down the progress of me killing them.
    QUOTE (Blaze @ Sep 18 2011, 06:07 PM) »
    Yes I know throwing it to Barner was dumb everything was going fast, you wouldn't know this mainly because you don't actually play you just get high and sit in spectate all day :P

• SighSigh Senior
    It will be an auto parry tournament, chances are if we make it manual, a lot of people won't compete which they otherwise would. Tournament should be fun for as many people as possible.
    Greetz,

Welcome on boat!

If I may make a suggestion, I think teams should be able to designate an official replacement player in the case of somebody MIA on gameday. I remember there were a lot of problems with that last tourny.
    Looking forward to this. Got my team of 4 w/ a replacement possible player if need be.
    edited July 2011
    We've got 3 so far, just waiting for our 4th to log on so I can ask them :P four five.
  • KazvallKazvall Members
    Hey there. I'm having a clan meeting tonight for this tournament. I'm sure I can field at least 3 teams of ronins. How many spots/rounds will we be doing?
  • SighSigh Senior
    Depends how many folk sign up. Also, after some thinking there'll be teams of 5, with the 5th player being a reserved player in case someone cannot make it. great suggestion Heidrik ^^.
    Greetz,

Welcome on boat!