done :P
so come take a look ladies archer.gif

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/154918 <-DOWNLOAD b2-75 HERE
parrot.gif

slugsig.jpg

Comments

• edited 1:47AM
    add me on steam : rockegendfm99
    i want your map to be on my server right now!
    i will help you test it out but i dont have a test server
    but when it is released i want it on DARKAGES
  • edited 1:47AM
    Looks great
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    edited 1:47AM
    thx you two, i added a screen in the upper post as some eye candy.. sure you could have it for DarkAges but for now i´ve got some problems with pakrat.. everything works fine except for the cubemaps on models which are plain white in the pakrated .bsp

also i would like to test it with 24 players before releasing it cause everything in this map is currently displayed everytime and the spawns are on pretty small room, so i would like to see if it works with full server.

slugsig.jpg

• OnkelDagobertOnkelDagobert Senior
    QUOTE (OnkelDagobert @ Mar 24 2011, 11:17 AM) »
    mhm cool map. You can use my server...

http://www.my-g-n.com/server.php#pvkii

veery cool, still need testers and fighting pakrat

slugsig.jpg

edited March 2011
    pakrat defeated! beta test is currently running on Dagoberts server

first beta analysis:

- The little Camperpoint on Knights side isn´t overpowered (like i thought) but of a good value when heavys and archers work together
    - the side routes don´t do many against the overpowered ranged weapons..
    - ..instead i saw many players using their shield (on both sides) to defend against ranged while holding the territory
    - specials are a great fun (which was basically the motivation to do this map biggrin.gif)
    - if knights are more powerfull then vikings they rush a bit on the landside but there´s enought space.. someone said that viking spawn
    shouldn´t be enterable by knights, but without the hut, the fight on vikingside would loose a lot spice
    - if vikings are more powerfull (and here comes the big issue) they rush into the frontroom of the knightspawn and make an even bigger
    clusterfridge out of this map and knights are mostly irritated and attack vikings in the frontroom instead of going through the door and take
    the territory
    -if you are seriously wounded you can often make it back to your base to snack some pickups, if there are a lot players they are mostly not
    available
    -framerate keeps on a moderate level.. also with 16 players

thoughts for beta2:
    - i´ll fix up the displacements at the camperpoint to make the way back from it a bit easier, give more room and devastate "wallcrawling".
    -i´ll fix the water so it looks waterish from inside, put some sand on the ground
    -i´ll give more details to the displacements on vikingside.. seems to be a bit flat here and there
    -i´ll put one vikingspawn which is very near to the crouch-exit a bit back from the wall( its irritating sometimes to look at a wall after spawn biggrin.gif)
    - or i´ll do a new vikingspawn not in the hut at all.. but i´m not really sure
    -The Knightspawn will get a completely rework for avoiding the frontroomcamping by vikings.. the frontroom will stay like it is, but the spawn will
    move to the unused side of the building and won´t be enterable from outside.
    This way knights can still use the pickups but if vikings enter the room the spawning knights won´t have to cross them and go directly for the objective
    (hopefully)
    - hmm.. water sound seems to be a bit quiet so i´ll make it louder!!!
    -add anything you would like to have in beta 2

slugsig.jpg

• Gen.WatsonHVGen.WatsonHV Senior

Pirates?...
    it´s not a 3team layout, so no

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!!

slugsig.jpg

• JabbaJabba Senior
    The map was awesome man good job smile.gif the only issues I saw has allready been adressed
    a1ntOi0.gif?1
    edited March 2011
    thanks jabba.. so just started work at new knight spawn.. see result in the steam screenshots wink.gif

(the first 3 pics)

some mapping questions:

-am i able to let additionally pickups spawn if more players play?

-How is the territory counter defined? i set 4min which gave me 360 points.. so my guess that 120 is default and every minute adds 60points to that o.O?

-who did all the amazing de_corse stuff?

-how to name the death notice (for example in trigger_falldeath) to make em work?
    "death_drown"
    {
    "file" "HUD/death/drown_kill"
    "x" "0"
    "y" "0"
    "width" "64"
    "height" "64"

both death_drown and drown_kill didnt worked o.O

slugsig.jpg

• Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    QUOTE (Gen.WatsonHV @ Mar 24 2011, 08:40 PM) »

Pirates?...

QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

Pirates will play a role in all of my further maps.. this map->no pirates, maybe i´ll do a pirate vs knight or pirate vs viking version for it but there would have to be betas for it too.

so take a look at new knight and new viking spawn on my steamlink in 1st post(the pickups on vikingside moved into the hut, vikings will spawn behind the hut or in the new spawnroom this should increase the usage of sideroutes)
    also i played a bit with env_smokestack where the water hits the stones and put some new wooden plattforms above the river because of the changed knightspawn.

slugsig.jpg

• Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    The map looks amazing, but this is a three team game. I don't understand why so many people are intent on making maps for two teams. By taking the third team out of the game you're removing one of the great elements of PVK. That's all I'm going to say.
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Mapping for two teams is a lot easier. And some layouts and concepts just don't work with three teams.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • L4teniusL4tenius The Monkeyhandler Senior
    How the heck did you get this map to some server already????
    <
    FEAR THE MONKEY
    edited March 2011
    why not o.O, it´s available for download at gamebanana and the Betatest was just like.. i was finished with pakrat.. dagobert came on.. he put it on his server.. and then it got surprisingly full.#

before releasing beta 2 i still have to tweak some things but it would be playable now

- the sound of the river somehow contents a creature sound which is kinda disturbing now (i made the river louder)
    so i´ll change it for another one (a custom i´m still searching for)

- i´m thinkin about reducing the spawntime mapwise (don´t know how)

- wanna change the particle material of the env_smokestack to a watery one so it looks more real where the water breaks
    (i don´t know anything about particles)

- the main problem is the water.. actually i have a little "real" water brush above Trilo´s rivertexture to make the river look cool but if the camera
    moves under the water you see that there is empty space.. for now i just placed a second water brush below and raised the texture
    resolution so it don´t takes much calculation.
    But this solution kinda sucks.. it does weird things if you look out of the water (through 2 water brushes) so i want to "simulate" the water inside the river with
    some kind of blue fog and maybe color correction

slugsig.jpg

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Why two water brushes? one is enough.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    it has something to do with preventing a shirleyty look where the water touches the skybox, but i´ll overdo this to make it with 1 brush now.. seems easyer

fix´d it.. and to hargrove: more water -> more lagg

slugsig.jpg

• Lt.HargroveLt.Hargrove Senior
    QUOTE (Tschoppo @ Mar 31 2011, 09:07 PM) »
    it has something to do with preventing a shirleyty look where the water touches the skybox, but i´ll overdo this to make it with 1 brush now.. seems easyer

You dinah. Just make the level bigger and add fog. SIMPLE!

I am sorrying for my poor English.

ok betatest is running on the [my-g-n.com] server the whole day, i´ll upload it on gamebanana tomorrow

slugsig.jpg

• edited April 2011
    I played this map yesterday for a while, I have to say this is the best map I've played in a long time. A slight problem I've found is that vikings tend to sneak into the knight's spawn and kill the archers, which distracts the whole team from doing the objective. Otherwise, though, awesome map! icon_yay.gif
    biggrin.gif should be solved now

heyho admins so beta 2-5 is out now, edited the gamebanana entry wink.gif

slugsig.jpg

• MasonMason Senior
    I played your newer version lastnight on that one server.. it was a lot of fun!
    Ok

This map lags as hell with 24 players on it. I suggest to decrease the count of the particles in the river.

Otherwise, it's a clusterfridge. I do not know why everybody love so primitive gameplay. It's just kill'em all. Nobody defs the terrytory, all go DM at enemy's spawn. Make the bridge bigger and the sideways thinner. Put some crates at knight's side of the bridge. And write the name of the terrytory like this "Crazybridge", not "CRAZYBRIDGE". Look at Sandstorm darn. And make the both pathways allow to get to the other side. Too make the water look more realistic, enlarge the map and add fog. At the left side add some displacement rocks with those spray thingies, and do everything to make it look waterfallish. Or slow the water down and add sea or a lake. Change skybox to darker if you want to do the fog trick, this one would not fit.

This is an average map, better than older version of massacre and snowyglade. Make something more playable for hardcores next time. And add pancakes.

i soon decreased the amount of particles heaviliy and if i test alone and put in +showbudget the particles are only 1/12 as big as shadow calculating (just my playershadow i think)

this map was made as a clusterfridge.. with 24 players it´s kinda extreme i know.. choppin each other with 22fps tongue.gif
    but the only thing i can suggest is playing it on a 18slot server.

For now i´m finished with this and i like the map pretty much wink.gif

slugsig.jpg

Clusterfridges are for fridging frag collectors.

Where are those guys playing old games on highest difficulity? Or these guys going throught the game only with the pistol, and killing about 100 dinahs before they die on multi? Nah, I'd like to be like 10 yeas older so I could be one of these. Now following their way, so don't suppose to see me on PVKII in some months.

• KakisKakis Senior
    Great map, I tried it yesterday. A never ending battle on the bridge, I love it. You should improve the performance on your map however, I had some FPS drops there and here. Anyways keep up the good work!
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Great map! It was like playing massacre but on a bridge XD

Only suggestions I have is some performance issues with more players = large FPS drop as Kakis stated.

The other is giving two rooms to spawn in as it is easy to hide under one for people to come down from if one side is doing better than another.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• TROPHYEARNERTROPHYEARNER Senior
    This is possibly one of the best maps I have ever played. Thank you for making this, the map is perfect for earning achievements and just having fun. I would love to see a bigger server host this map more, because it is defidently one of my favorites. Maybe we can paly sometime? My Steam is the same as my username on the forums. These two-sided maps work extremely well, sometimes better than the original maps could even try (I find temple to be very annoying). Keep on making maps, and having tests with them, because I would gladly help out.
    TOO BEAST FOR THE FORUMS TO HANDLE
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited April 2011
    QUOTE (TROPHYEARNER @ Apr 23 2011, 12:02 PM) »
    This is possibly one of the best maps I have ever played. Thank you for making this, the map is perfect for earning achievements and just having fun. I would love to see a bigger server host this map more, because it is defidently one of my favorites. Maybe we can paly sometime? My Steam is the same as my username on the forums. These two-sided maps work extremely well, sometimes better than the original maps could even try (I find temple to be very annoying). Keep on making maps, and having tests with them, because I would gladly help out.

Edit: nm I found you

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli