Berserker's War-/Stonehammer

murphymurphy Cannon Corking Codfish CuddlerPVKII Team, Authorized Creator
Yea, yeah. Historical incorrect, I know Lord Trilobite, only Thor wielded a hammer. It would give you too a nice nostalgia feeling because in PVK I the Berserker had one too. Anyways here it is.

Yea, its just a Work in Progress at the moment and I need some suggestions and critic. After I finished the highpoly im going to throw it into zBrush and start detailing the stone head more. I need an insipiration for the handle too, I already though about adding 2 straps similiar to the original bigaxe but those straps wouldnt hold such a massive heavy stone brick.

Sadly I can never see it ingame with the PVK II version we got, because you cant mod PVKII at the moment.

I'll be happy to get some feedback!

Comments

• LucasLucas Walter White Members
    edited February 2011
    Very nice work!
    Maybe a handle like this http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=http://...440&bih=763
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    edited February 2011
    Looks promising. I would go for a makeshift hammer similar to the makeshift bigaxe. Stoneage like wink.gif

I need an insipiration for the handle too, I already though about adding 2 straps similiar to the original bigaxe but those straps wouldnt hold such a massive heavy stone brick.

Most of the weight is hold by the handle. Modern sledgehammers dont need straps actually

And if you want ingame screens, you could sent me the files and I use the dev version for screens
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • murphymurphy Cannon Corking Codfish Cuddler PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited 4:36PM
    QUOTE (Zoey @ Feb 20 2011, 03:50 PM) »
    Very nice work!
    Maybe a handle like this http://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=http://...440&bih=763

QUOTE (J-co @ Feb 20 2011, 04:13 PM) »
    Looks promising. I would go for a makeshift hammer similar to the makeshift bigaxe. Stoneage like wink.gif

Most of the weight is hold by the handle. Modern sledgehammers dont need straps actually

And if you want ingame screens, you could sent me the files and I use the dev version for screens

Thanks for the feedback and inspiration you two. Thats very nice of you J-co! Indeed these screens gave me some inspiration. Oh and about the weight thingy, you dont need to forget they didnt had such a precision we have today when creating 'tools'. The hole I created for the hammer head is not that round a bit more blocky because I dont think the vikings back then were able to make perfect round holes with a perfect round handle to fit in. So im going to add a wood handle with quite alot of support from metal and some straps.
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    Sounds great!
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • AxelAxel Senior
    QUOTE (murphy @ Feb 20 2011, 01:14 PM) »
    Sadly I can never see it ingame with the PVK II version we got, because you cant mod PVKII at the moment.

Are you sure about this? I've seen quite some costum model skins on FPSBanana.

And it looks pretty nice so far. Good luck in your future modeling. biggrin.gif
    I am error.
    QUOTE (Axel @ Feb 21 2011, 01:05 AM) »
    Are you sure about this? I've seen quite some costum model skins on FPSBanana.

And it looks pretty nice so far. Good luck in your future modeling. biggrin.gif

We could in the older versions of pvkii. The 2.4 update, with the new shaders, is quite unmoddable. For mods using steamworks is a method available, just, PVK II crashes at startup then.
  • SkirmisherSkirmisher Senior
    Actually, PVKII can support custom content easily, you just need to extract it to sourcemods folder with GCFScape.
    QUOTE (Skirmisher @ Feb 21 2011, 08:53 PM) »
    Actually, PVKII can support custom content easily, you just need to extract it to sourcemods folder with GCFScape.

Uhm. Exactly that doesnt work for me. PVK II instantly crashes when trying to launch that extracted version.
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited February 2011
    QUOTE (murphy @ Feb 20 2011, 01:14 PM) »
    Yea, yeah. Historical incorrect, I know Lord Trilobite, only Thor wielded a hammer. It would give you too a nice nostalgia feeling because in PVK I the Berserker had one too.

No. It wouldn't.

Vikings do not have warhammers, it belongs to knights.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • L4teniusL4tenius The Monkeyhandler Senior
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Feb 22 2011, 06:42 PM) »
    No. It wouldn't.

Vikings do not have warhammers, it belongs to knights.

This is actually what I thought, but didn't bother to write. Then again, why would any knight use warhammer in this game?
    <
    FEAR THE MONKEY
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    Not for Block and Poke thats for sure but the Warhammer is indeed the funniest weapon of AoC cause if you hit them right... tongue.gif

slugsig.jpg

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    QUOTE (L4tenius @ Feb 22 2011, 06:06 PM) »
    This is actually what I thought, but didn't bother to write. Then again, why would any knight use warhammer in this game?

You might as well ask why a pirate would use a pistol in this game. It makes sense to give a Knight a warhammer, it's as simple as that. Giving a hammer to a Viking however, does not make sense.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    Except who cares? It's a game, with attack parrots and things.

Great that you're making custom content, I'll inquire about the unmoddableness
  • SkirmisherSkirmisher Senior
    QUOTE (Bingo Bango @ Feb 23 2011, 07:27 AM) »
    Except who cares? It's a game, with attack parrots and things.

Great that you're making custom content, I'll inquire about the unmoddableness

"Except who cares?" - Finally, someone said it. Most of us don't care about the historically accurate thing.

No offence, but I would think your hurting the person's feelings who spent all this time making something for PVK, then have someone shoot them down about how it's not accurate, then all the other's agreeing and end up not downloading it for that reason.
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited February 2011
    I care!

For those who doesn't care:

M95 sniper rifle for Sharpshooter is ok I guess, nobody care? biggrin.gif

Or how about Japanese Katana for Vikings? Nobody care! biggrin.gif

Or let's give knights a firepowered weapons! Nobody care! biggrin.gif

And let's turn a PVKII into another WoW for lulz : )
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    QUOTE (sverek @ Feb 24 2011, 02:07 AM) »
    And let's turn a PVKII into another WoW for lulz : )

But if you find a game wich you can parry a fireball with you sword, and guide it back to the caster, tell me wich one cause i cant find any.
    <!--quoteo(post=215780:date=Feb 24 2011, 10:14 AM:name=Hei
  • Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    QUOTE (murphy @ Feb 24 2011, 10:38 AM) »
    Minecraft. Ghasts. And modelling update soon- I'm quite busy.

No no silly, he was referring to this:
    QUOTE (kordaling @ Jan 20 2011, 10:23 PM) »
    Oh,sorry.
    Then remove sword from pvkii, remove explosions, remove classes, remove teams, remove booty, removes shields, remove e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g that are in World of warcraft AND also in almost every medieval video games.
    But if you find a game wich you can parry a fireball with you sword, and guide it back to the caster, tell me wich one cause i cant find any.

Instead of alllllllways throwing the easy reply : 'its not world of warcraft' and being very discouraging from everyone brainstorming on this forum, have you ever tough that you can be constructive and helpfull ? At least, you can try if its not to much to ask.

QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    I wonder if he ever found his game
  • Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    I do believe he did.
    QUOTE (kordaling @ Jan 21 2011, 11:34 PM) »
    Oh i just found :
    Dark Messiah : might and magic.

source engine, hack and slash, spells.
    i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g, maybe youll never see me again. maybe. i hope your all glad.

We haven't seen him around since then, so I'm going to assume he's stuck with that.
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

• Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    He'll come back. They always do.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango