The islanders mega server

edited February 2011 in Servers
"24/7 ISLAND | THE ISLANDERS MEGA SERVER"

86.18.9.169:27018 24 Slot

Hosted on a home dedicated 100mb server

EDIT* Now have admin community group to show who's boss in game smile.gif

Comments

• edited 3:56PM
    Will also be looking for reliable admins once the server becomes more populated
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited 3:56PM
    Good luck with your server, and welcome!
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Sign me up for admin!
  • JerreJerre Senior
    A new 24/7 Island? nice! I will come and play if i have time.
    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Yeah <3 ISLAND and i think quite a few others consider it a very good map. Started playing PVK along time ago was never any good at it! ( Still not ) but im learning haha!. To see such VAST graphical improvements and the effort and time that has been put into the game i only see it fair to dedicate my dedicated machine to the community for everybody's enjoyment. As for admin rights i would like somebody trusted within the forum that plays to take an admin position purley because im not allways around and people who are exploiting are annoying especially when no admins are present to ban/kick. So anyone intrested please PM or recommend me someone :-).
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    I don't wanna be rude, but I have strong impression, that 24/7 single map does lowers community playing experience level.
    I guess admins going for 24/7 island, cause it easy to populate server and keep people happy with single map.

However, providing at least 3 maps, would much more expand gameplay experience for PVKII players. Even with same booty, just add bt_forgotten and players already will have something refreshing to play. There other goods maps, that also provide lots of fun, not to mention custom maps (not hardly broken, but really well balanced).

I would really love to see more admins trying to get over 24/7 island and just get 1 or 2 more maps for rotation. If possible, add some well balanced custom maps. I am sure, it will serve well for community.

Welcome and good luck!
  • L4teniusL4tenius The Monkeyhandler Senior
    QUOTE (sverek @ Feb 28 2011, 11:01 PM) »
    I don't wanna be rude, but I have strong impression, that 24/7 single map does lowers community playing experience level.
    I guess admins going for 24/7 island, cause it easy to populate server and keep people happy with single map.

However, providing at least 3 maps, would much more expand gameplay experience for PVKII players. Even with same booty, just add bt_forgotten and players already will have something refreshing to play. There other goods maps, that also provide lots of fun, not to mention custom maps (not hardly broken, but really well balanced).

I would really love to see more admins trying to get over 24/7 island and just get 1 or 2 more maps for rotation. If possible, add some well balanced custom maps. I am sure, it will serve well for community.

Welcome and good luck!

Exactly!
    <
    FEAR THE MONKEY
    I see your point there!.. Im going to be honest and say a small part is to establish myself and get more players on using that map, i no from personal experience in counter-strike the 24/7 same map becomes BORING i guess i should have thought more about the player rather than just trying to fill it up quicker. I will add a couple of maps into the rotation maybe even some customs smile.gif.
  • Gen.WatsonHVGen.WatsonHV Senior
    If your going to add custom maps, keep Custom Base Survival and Gravity War in mind! smile.gif
  • Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    Oh god, not another one.
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Is this server EU or NA?
  • JollygreenJollygreen Troll Senior
    If you're gonna add custom maps to the rotation, i suggest you use battleplaza, hilarious
    1pYiF.gif
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    Massacre and Snowyglade... but noone listens to me anyways.. 24/7 island puh..

slugsig.jpg

Massacre would be excellent!

24/7 24 fps you mean! ( just kidding, i mean 9-24 with 20+players )
    Island is the Goldrush of PVK, I don't see the issue here.

Anyway, let us know when we can apply for admin!
    Fitzwater Smexington
    Rem
  • SassySassy Senior
    I for one would like an island 24/7 server, as the only other reliable one is apparently run by an asshole hacker, and it shows in what goes without administration.

As for admins; I can vouch for Trojan being a good guy, haven't been around the forums enough to know about the others though.
  • SassySassy Senior
    And really, wouldn't gameplay be smoother if we ONLY had 24/7 servers? Play whatever map you want, for as long as you want. When you tire of it, change server. As Fitz said: island seems to be the prime of PVKII maps.
  • Captain SpamCaptain Spam Senior
    Island is the 2fort of PVKII.
    For completely different reasons though.

(But a team of just archers is undeniably similar to a team of snipers.)
    Islanders Mega Server: I can't find any games at the IP you specified.

Fitzwater Smexington
    Rem
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Captain Spam @ Mar 30 2011, 05:25 AM) »
    Island is the 2fort of PVKII.
    For completely different reasons though.

Then we need a 3fort!