Animator application

10lettername10lettername PVKII Team
edited 8:00PM in Team Applications
Hello Pvk Team. I am applying for the position of animator, more specifically, a first person animator, but if i absolutely had to, i could animate third person. i have previously worked on two other mods before. WW1source (i provided first person animations that never made it in game because the mod fell apart, because the leader had to focus on his career and family). And i am part of the mod Star Wars a New Era. Both mods are currently inactive which means i will have more time to dedicate to this. My strongest feature is my ability to get work done fast. I realize i have no evidence, but i once got every animation done for 2 weapons in one day (and they were quality animations). My only weak point is that i cannot compile, though im sure another team member could compile for me if i were to make it onto the team. I have played pvk for a while and i think i will easily acclimate to the style of its animation if i were to be accepted to the team. Sadly, my portfolio does not have very many sword animations, so i made this demo today (In about 3 Hours).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YC6vFyXgI

Animations included in demo: Left, Right, Overhead, Left, Right, Overhead, Block, Block Recoil, Block, Block Recoil, Idle.

I think I would be a valuable addition to the team, Thank you

Email: Irtehchicken@gmail.com
Steam name: The Chicken

Comments

• se05239se05239 Senior
    edited 8:00PM
    You should make some more animation videos to boost your portfolio, then show us them too.
    "Sometimes its better to stay silent and let people think that you are an idiot, rather than speaking out and actually prove that you are one." - Someone
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    What software do you use? Our hand rigs are all in 3ds max.
  • 10lettername10lettername PVKII Team
    i can animate in both Maya and 3dsmax.
    I apologize for the double post, but if necessary, the team can give me one of their hand rigs and an assignment as a test.
  • SoJaSoJa Senior
    edited July 2010
    Incredibly boring demo. So you are beginner ?
    No offense, i think you not ripe enough. And J is decent animator, i love his works.
    aww sorry
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    That first demo looks a bit bland, the other vids are nice. But they lack weight and momentum.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • SoJaSoJa Senior
    by the way 3 hours is too much for such easy movements you know?
    aww sorry
  • se05239se05239 Senior
    My animation teacher in our University made an awesome walk-loop, manually of course, in a few minutes. And it looked quite realistic, and then he asked us to do the same and gave us a 10 minute deadline.
    Our versions of a walk were pretty bad but training makes perfect.
    We also got free access to a mo-cap studio! And that is awesome. But that is another history.
    "Sometimes its better to stay silent and let people think that you are an idiot, rather than speaking out and actually prove that you are one." - Someone
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited July 2010
    Interesting animations. I think contacting directly Jrocket might be more productive if you serious about your intention.

Looks like SoJa got ballz to show
    but he is too shy to show them off
    so he just criticizing other animators.
  • SoJaSoJa Senior
    QUOTE (sverek @ Jul 24 2010, 06:05 PM) »
    Interesting animations.

just search animation reels on youtube or vimeo and you will see the difference (some of it: 1, 2, 3, 4 and endless more )
    aww sorry
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited July 2010
    QUOTE (SoJa @ Jul 24 2010, 02:23 PM) »
    just search animation reels on youtube or vimeo and you will see the difference (some of it: 1, 2, 3, 4 and endless more )

That type of animation isnt comparable to the work of PVKII, if anything maybe 3 and 4,but the rest looks like what you would see in a
    short film.

QUOTE (sverek @ Jul 24 2010, 12:05 PM) »
    Looks like SoJa got ballz to show
    but he is too shy to show them off
    so he just criticizing other animators.

I see it as constructive criticism as this animations need more work if 10lettername is serious about joining the Team. Also more examples would help.

Im guessing SoJa is female by looking at the avatar and Steam Community Signature although not indicated.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • edited 8:00PM
    QUOTE (Paladin @ Jul 24 2010, 04:45 PM) »
    Im guessing SoJa is female by looking at the avatar and Steam Community Signature although not indicated.

I'm guessing he's a small japanese boy who likes hentai., by looking at the avatar.
  • KegManKegMan Senior
    QUOTE (THEEEMANOFWAR @ Jul 24 2010, 06:56 PM) »
    I'm guessing he's a small japanese boy who likes hentai., by looking at the avatar.

offtopic sleep.gif me like!

nah you might need some practice if you wanna join the team.. i dont know much about animating but dont give up just keep doing what youre doing and you will improve

it counts for everything except from suiciding as you only get one try?!
  • SoJaSoJa Senior
    edited July 2010
    QUOTE (Paladin @ Jul 24 2010, 10:45 PM) »
    SoJa is female

false

QUOTE (THEEEMANOFWAR @ Jul 24 2010, 11:56 PM) »
    he

true

japanese

false

small

false

who likes hentai

yeah

and yeah, im animating too sometimes for about year, you could check out this crap, i telling you. craptv
    aww sorry
  • edited 8:00PM
    You're calling it crap for a reason.
    Everyone thank you for the criticism, (except you Soja, you posted 2 too many times, the third explaining things about yourself, the second telling me how bad i am a second time, you are kind of a dick).

I know what i have presented you with isn't much, but I am willing to be tested to prove that I am just as good, if not better than your current first person animator, no disrespect of course.
  • se05239se05239 Senior
    A test! How exciting. You could do 2 models fighting each-other, that would show how much you really know about animation. Its hard.
  • KegManKegMan Senior
    I would rather preffer to see some high quality first person animations. Maybe 2 characters fighting each other in 2 different views. One from the sight in 3rd person while the other is shown from the eyes of one of the fighting characters. In this way you will show skills in both views
    i appreciate the suggestions, but again, i'm not really a third person animator, i'm mostly first person. And if i am to be tested, ill take an assignment from Jrocket. I have already PM'd him. If i am tested, i will post the results here. Thanks for all the support everyone, hope i make it.
  • edited July 2010
    QUOTE (10lettername @ Jul 24 2010, 08:20 PM) »
    I know what i have presented you with isn't much, but I am willing to be tested to prove that I am just as good, if not better than your current first person animator, no disrespect of course.

Give the man some challenging test to prove this!
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    I sense great potential.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    And the force is strong with you.
    I sense upcoming pro animator.
  • edited August 2010
    what is going on over here?