lts_laserchess_v1

MiggogMiggog PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited June 2010 in Community Maps
Release!
Greetings! I'm proud to represent my new map lts_laserchess!

Download: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/137669
It seems like FPSbananas mirrors are down at the moment so I uploaded the file also in here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzjk4mj1gm2

It's based on a modern chessboard with pirates, vikings and knights, and laser obstacles which provide nice cover and are randomly turned on/off making the map everytime a bit different.
However the soul of this map lies in the tactical suddendeath: Every square you step away from is broken. Use this to get rid off annoying chasers, make yourself unreachable positions or cut the escape paths of your enemy. Checkmate! The solid wooden edges of the chessboard provide important paths during suddendeath but you take little damage from the nearby blue laserfield.

Recommended players: 3-9
This map supports 24 players at maximum, but I recommend keeping the player count pretty low. This makes an excellent 1v1v1 map.

Screenshots:
================================================================================
===========
lego_sig250_v3_zps09b6104b.jpg

Comments

• NerieruNerieru Senior
    edited 12:45PM
    This is a pretty cool map, I'd like to see it on some servers. The green lasers could look more like a wall though, like the blue lasers do.

Too bad the lasers block arrows as well sad.gif
    Blergh.
    QUOTE (J-co @ Jun 23 2010, 10:33 PM) »
    I also had periods

QUOTE (Samstaforce @ Jun 29 2010, 11:21 PM) »
    this isnt a problem since I havent even noticed this.

• MiggogMiggog PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Yep some hosters would be much appreciated.

I'm gonna try hosting it myself now. If you see this message bumb, head to server browser and join for a game of chess. The map is wicked, I assure you. tongue.gif
  • DarDar Senior
    Played it on your server today, was alot of fun, the only thing that i found annoying was that the blocks dont break as soon as suddendeath starts, but instead about 5 seconds later, meaning the blocks that you walked over when sudden death practically started break 5 seconds later, too

hope you're getting what im talking about
    QUOTE (Dar @ Jun 24 2010, 05:13 PM) »
    Played it on your server today, was alot of fun, the only thing that i found annoying was that the blocks dont break as soon as suddendeath starts, but instead about 5 seconds later, meaning the blocks that you walked over when sudden death practically started break 5 seconds later, too

hope you're getting what im talking about

I get you. The delay is becouse of the instant sudden death, where otherwise teammates would kill eachother if the blocks would break immediatly. The four second delay gives you a bit time to manouvre and get away from teammates. I have to look in to that bug you mentioned after the weekend, but I think it works fine even now.

It was nice playing with you guys.

*Nerieru

Good point about making the greenlasers look more like a wall. The lasers blocking arrows is a necessery though and you know it. happy.gif
  • NerieruNerieru Senior
    QUOTE (Miggog @ Jun 24 2010, 05:13 PM) »
    *Nerieru

Good point about making the greenlasers look more like a wall. The lasers blocking arrows is a necessery though and you know it. happy.gif

Unfortunately happy.gif
    Blergh.
    I also had periods

• MasonMason Senior
    I played it w/ some bots, seems pretty cool!
  • WoodyWoody Senior
    Lovely map m8, played it with you earlier today actually smile.gif
    One thing is bugging me though, you seem to fall through the floor when you die a lot. No biggie though smile.gif
    Fun map too.
  • NerieruNerieru Senior
    QUOTE (Woody @ Jun 24 2010, 11:09 PM) »
    Lovely map m8, played it with you earlier today actually smile.gif
    One thing is bugging me though, you seem to fall through the floor when you die a lot. No biggie though smile.gif
    Fun map too.

That's because the floor is breakable.
    Blergh.
    I also had periods

• WoodyWoody Senior
    So that's just a standard for Source engine? (I really wouldn't know)
    Bugger.
  • NerieruNerieru Senior
    QUOTE (Woody @ Jun 26 2010, 02:19 AM) »
    So that's just a standard for Source engine? (I really wouldn't know)
    Bugger.

yep it is. (Due to performance reasons)
    Blergh.
    I also had periods

• Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    This map is in the Slammin' Butt Pirates server. Played it, but I got a question. In sudden death, are the blocks, which you are standing on, the ones that fall or are they chosen randomly?

I though the walls could protect from kegs, but they didn't. ):
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
    QUOTE (TehSux @ Jul 4 2010, 02:51 AM) »
    This map is in the Slammin' Butt Pirates server. Played it, but I got a question. In sudden death, are the blocks, which you are standing on, the ones that fall or are they chosen randomly?

I though the walls could protect from kegs, but they didn't. ):

In Suddendeath the blocks you step away from are destroyed. There is a trigger field right above each block which have an output to destroy a specific block below each of them when you stop touching the trigger, if that says anything to you smile.gif Though i'm just about to release a new version, in which I have made the sudden death a lot more accurate.

Just tested for good measure and lasers do block keg explosions.