Problem with bt_island

herostyleherostyle Senior
edited 3:15AM in Bugs/Support
Already did search
Hey there.

A friend of mine that just downloaded PVKII from Steam is experiencing a problem with the map bt_island. My friend downloaded the game and whenever he tries to play island on any server, it claims that his map differs from the map in the server. Bt_island comes default with the game so I don't understand how this problem could occur. Also, we've already tried deleting in his maps folder but bt_island isn't listed in the maps folder, only under cache and sound. Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited June 2010
    Reinstall the whole game, it is probably a download error.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • FERGUSFERGUS Senior
    edited June 2010
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Jun 15 2010, 05:53 PM) »
    Reinstall the whole game, it is probably a download error.
    Do this if you want to do it the hard way, if not, do this: Right click on PVKII in steam, choose properties, click on the "local files" tab and then "Verify Integrity of Game cache". It will repair/replace any broken file and download any missing one.
    If it doesn't work, well then I have nothing else to tell you than "reinstall the whole game".
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 3:15AM
    The real problem with island is that you can't throw kegs through the ceiling/floor anymore
  • NoobCannonNoobCannon Senior
    edited 3:15AM
    Can't you just delete the map in the folder and re-download it through the sever?
    plx gief internets, i r collecting 2 fite canser

• herostyleherostyle Senior
    edited June 2010
    QUOTE (NoobCannon @ Jun 16 2010, 09:18 AM) »
    Can't you just delete the map in the folder and re-download it through the sever?

the .bsp file of bt_island isn't in the maps folder, in fact none of the default maps for pvkii are located there for anyone I believe. It is only in the cache and graphs folder, or else it would be an easy fix. But yeah, I'll try the alternative stated above. Thanks a lot for your help.