blunderbuss bug

CoolGodCoolGod Senior
edited 10:07AM in Bugs/Support
I found out that sometimes after loading the blunderbuss and switching weapons and switching back it would appear as no not have loaded special.
There would be no flame, which caused me to waste the special at least 5 times. I was wondering is it just me or do other players occasionally get this bug also>?

Comments

• BowrrlBowrrl Senior
    edited March 2010
    I get it all the time. It happens when you switch from the Blunderbuss while the Captain is "shouldering" it after loading the shot. Even though animation-wise the shot is loaded, "shouldering" the Blunderbuss is still part of the process, and switching will cancel it as if you switched sooner.

It is quite annoying.

The flaming muzzle means that it's safe to switch weapons.
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    edited 10:07AM
    QUOTE (CoolGod @ Mar 29 2010, 04:02 PM) »
    which caused me to waste the special at least 5 times.

I thought that the special wasn't used until you fired.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (Crackpunch @ Mar 28 2010, 11:17 PM) »
    I thought that the special wasn't used until you fired.

It isn't, which becomes extremely abusive when you have additional weapons with specials on them..
    It doesn't require a full special meter to shoot a loaded blunderbuss special.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    Author of PVKII Randomizer
    Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster
  • SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    edited March 2010
    QUOTE (MadKat @ Mar 29 2010, 05:34 PM) »
    It doesn't require a full special meter to shoot a loaded blunderbuss special.

You need a full special meter to load the special into the blunderbuss. How can you shoot it if you can't load it?
    And yeah, if you switch the blunderbuss while reloading it will cancel the reload. But it will not empty your special meter. Shooting the special will empty it.
    Production Manager
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (SaunaChum @ Mar 29 2010, 03:19 PM) »
    You need a full special meter to load the special into the blunderbuss. How can you shoot it if you can't load it?

If you have another weapon capable of a special. I often find myself in that position playing on a server where weapons are dispensed at random. Load the blunderbuss special, use a different weapon special, shoot the blunderbuss special. It's quite abusive.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    edited March 2010
    QUOTE (MadKat @ Mar 29 2010, 10:22 PM) »
    If you have another weapon capable of a special. I often find myself in that position playing on a server where weapons are dispensed at random. Load the blunderbuss special, use a different weapon special, shoot the blunderbuss special. It's quite abusive.

Sounds like a plugin. You should post the problem to the plugin maker, not to official bug/support forums.
    Production Manager
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    He makes the plugin
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Mar 29 2010, 02:44 PM) »
    He makes the plugin

And you both make very good points. I've actually considered snagging the special event and handling the blunderbuss myself, but I think it makes more sense for the weapon to behave in line with the others. I may fix it myself, locally, since I don't really want players abusing the bug, but that does not mean it is the right solution.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Mar 29 2010, 12:44 PM) »
    He makes the plugin

Thanks, ZinuX I wasn't following this at all untill you said this. Yeah, I see the problem now. Unfortunatly I dont have any experience that could help. The problem is that the special meter won't drain after loading the special, to prevent you from gaining special as it is loaded.
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • DomuskaDomuska Senior
    Humm, what might happen if you load the blunderbuss with the flaming shot and use your special meter for the speed boost with the chest? Does the flaming shot just disappear giving you a normally loaded blunderbuss or what?
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    That is a good question. Someone try please
  • Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    QUOTE (Domuska @ Apr 6 2010, 03:33 PM) »
    Humm, what might happen if you load the blunderbuss with the flaming shot and use your special meter for the speed boost with the chest? Does the flaming shot just disappear giving you a normally loaded blunderbuss or what?

No, it wont allow you to use the special on the chest if it is already loaded.
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • skenvoskenvo senior
    QUOTE (Domuska @ Apr 6 2010, 03:33 PM) »

Ive tried this many times while playing, and im glad they didn't allow it. When you try it it says that the special has already been loaded or something.
    useful things for me to copy-paste at my leisure OR ELSE:
    It's Its so he's is IS Is
    S S S s ss s SS
  • DomuskaDomuska Senior
    Mkay, thanks for the answer. smile.gif
  • CoolGodCoolGod Senior
    QUOTE (skenvo @ Apr 6 2010, 10:14 PM) »
    Ive tried this many times while playing, and im glad they didn't allow it. When you try it it says that the special has already been loaded or something.

i think it would be cooler to let ppl use chest special after loaded in weapon, the weapon would be then unloaded.