Bug Fix/Balance Patch Released

2»

Comments

• knoccout3knoccout3 Senior
    edited 10:06AM
    Yeah, without armor it does like 50 damage, but its easy to miss with it considering the accuracy and it only does a reasonable amount of damage if all pellets hit. And you have to be close. It's pretty much a melee gun.
  • EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    I like how people are bitching about the loss of bunny hopping. Really guys?
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited February 2010
    It is not true bunny hopping what was removed is that when you initiate a jump it gives a 1.1x speed boost for the jump itself, which was removed.

True bunny hopping is where you gain speed and keep gaining it more and more as you perform a specific jumping technique to the point where an HK could catch a skirmisher.
    I know that, but if the speed is gained only during the jump, may as well be called bunny hopping.
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    QUOTE (CrackaPolly @ Feb 19 2010, 09:54 PM) »
    I got it really easy on Arena, when archers camp their start area biggrin.gif

I got it on fort. There were more than four guys rumbling in the grail garden and I was above them all.
    Lighted my keg and after awhile released it,
    BAM..
    at least 4 kills.
  • SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    Captains primary weapon is his cutlass. Blunderbuss is his secondary weapon. This update will discourage people from using BB as their primary as many dinahs tend to do. They shoot, run and reload, and usually they shoot from a distance where the weapon does almost no damage. Anyway the decrease was SLIGHT. There shouldn't be any problems finishing off running low health enemies if they are near enough. If he gets too far captain has the parrot.
    Production Manager
    Yeah call me a Dinah for actually reloading a weapon.
  • SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    QUOTE (Eisiger @ Feb 20 2010, 10:25 AM) »
    Yeah call me a Dinah for actually reloading a weapon.

Don't misunderstand me. I call those dinahs who use the tactic to shoot, run and reload, after which they repeat this until out of ammo. Then they will get some ammo and continue. They do not engage in melee unless they have to.
    Production Manager
  • knoccout3knoccout3 Senior
    I've never seen anyone ever do that.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited February 2010
    I have, and even more captains that think it is a sniper tongue.gif
    So funny to see them from a far, shooting it without even hitting me with 1 pellet.
    They immediately reload, which gives me an opening to engage.
    And you got yourself a dead captain.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    yeah that does happen
  • War_TigerWar_Tiger Senior
    edited February 2010
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Feb 20 2010, 10:30 AM) »
    I have, and even more captains that think it is a sniper tongue.gif
    So funny to see them from a far, shooting it without even hitting me with 1 pellet.
    They immediately reload, which gives me an opening to engage.
    And you got yourself a dead captain.

Ah ha! so they nerf the blunderbuss to discourage people from using it. Makes sense why would you use something that gargles the feces? That's why I went archer and soloed a scirm AND a captain 1v2 melee combat. Such a joke team now HEH. pirates? more like pyrates AMIRITE XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD!~!~!!!!!!!! so when is berserker getting his life steal when hes in berserk mode?
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Pirates aren't a joke team, the players are.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • eV1L JackeV1L Jack Senior
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Feb 21 2010, 09:30 AM) »
    Pirates aren't a joke team, the players are.

If you can generalize it like that, then it must be the pirate class' thats being a joke.
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    all generalizations are false.
    including this one.
  • MikplayeurMikplayeur Senior
    edited February 2010
    All changes are amazing !

Just that I wanted. Now it's more like 2.2 release. The most balanced.

Only archers seem less powerful (too few ?). Or have sometimes some hitbox bugs.
    In 2.2 I have killed some skirmisher with one headshot Crossbow. Now it's impossible when they have all their health. Sure that skirmisher have more health in 2.3.

But all the rest is beautiful !
  • Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    QUOTE (Mikplayeur @ Feb 21 2010, 08:21 AM) »

Only archers seem less powerful (too few ?). Or have sometimes some hitbox bugs.
    In 2.2 I have killed some skirmisher with one headshot Crossbow. Now it's impossible when they have all their health. Sure that skirmisher have more health in 2.3.

Really? I remember in 2.2, hitting a skirmisher with an xbow shot and then having to finish him off with a longbow shot.
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • DanneDanne Senior
    QUOTE (Mikplayeur @ Feb 21 2010, 05:21 PM) »

Never been any extra damage on hit boxes or less damage on leg shots, you do similar damage where ever you hit and it has always been this way.
    I took an axe to your head
    Chopping rotten flesh
    Brain is seeping from the cracks in your skull
    Blood drains from holes in your torso
    I took your life from you