pvk_trium

Comments

• -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    edited July 2009
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Jul 13 2009, 01:35 PM) »
    I see you ninjafixed your screen tongue.gif
    Your map is just awesome.
    Yes, I really don't want to get in trouble. sad.gif

However I've been thinking about this lately. My friend Zatoichi has had yet another computer episode, and he's the only one with the Viking spawn .vmf. So I've been thinking about having some additional help for other mappers who would be interested in helping me, as well as providing additional ideas.
    image-1.gif
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    edited 4:37PM
    now the torches look good. i am really bored of mapping now, might take some time to complete pvk_clouds although its about 75% done. i relly need some inspiration.

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    QUOTE (niknak @ Jul 13 2009, 10:43 PM) »
    i relly need some inspiration.

Same here
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • Sonic7145Sonic7145 Senior
    This sort of reminds me of pvk_marctastic, if anyone here even knows that map =P
  • BanokBanok Senior
    still looking great progress, especially that forest. still want to see a viking base tho
    You'll see the Viking's spawn soon enough. ;P
    image-1.gif
    Small and quick update: Leaving the Knight's area going towards the Viking's spawn.

image-1.gif
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    the door is abit too pointy, you only have 6 faces, i suggest you make at least 10

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

Ok, I improved the architecture on the wall and door. The new pic's on the original post.
    image-1.gif
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Its kinda dark into the doorway. Are players gonna be going that way? If so, it may be good have some light because otherwise people who use "brightness hacks" (really just have the brightness set to maximum to sacrifice visual for an advantage in darker areas or maps) will have an advantage.
    QUOTE (CrackaPolly @ Aug 7 2009, 08:11 AM) »
    Its kinda dark into the doorway. Are players gonna be going that way? If so, it may be good have some light because otherwise people who use "brightness hacks" (really just have the brightness set to maximum to sacrifice visual for an advantage in darker areas or maps) will have an advantage.
    Oh it's not that dark anymore, since I last too this screen shot I've added additional lighting.
    image-1.gif
  • BanokBanok Senior
    sweet, so there will be vikings. going to be one of the best maps then biggrin.gif
    Small update!

I've been in a bit of a rut lately, jobs are getting increasingly hard to come by these days. How ever I do have a WIP screen cap of the new Knight's chest room! It's Epic!

I'll have more screen shots for you all later on, as I'm currently making the finishing touches on the area right before the Viking's spawn!
    image-1.gif
  • edited 4:37PM
    very nice
    The door archway seem extremely small.
  • edited September 2009
    yeah i agree
    mabye you could add some knight flags above the doorway's to make it look bigger
  • MasonMason Senior
    I think it'd look better and make more sense if the archway columns and the columns the meet up with at a 90º angle were smoothed out to less of an angle.
    Thanks for the fast and helpful feedback, I've made some changes, hopefully for the better:

image-1.gif
  • edited September 2009
    looks bigger the archway, but I liked the knights flag in the first pic though ;/
    That's strange the knight flags seemed to have diapered in that screen shot. This is supposed to be what it looks like:

Also here's just one progress screen shot of an already shown area of the map:

image-1.gif
  • edited September 2009
    Wow now it looks 100% more bad ass, good work. Im Awaiting this map's release like i am 2.3
  • MasonMason Senior
    Much better! That room was too empty now it seems perfect.
    I really like the changes to the chestroom wink.gif
  • MasterMintMasterMint Senior
    edited September 2009
    it looks awesome and very detailed biggrin.gif

i hope they'll make it an offiecial map for 2.3

(Evil Smiley in game)
    I have to agree, this is the best map i've seen on pvkii.
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    it's looking very good. you could put some arcs crossing the chestroom though. wood or stone would be good i think
  • L4teniusL4tenius The Monkeyhandler Senior
    The map looks awesome.
    <
    FEAR THE MONKEY
    Hello all! this is -AOD- ZATOICHI co founder of -AOD- and real life friend of -AOD- BRUCE CAMPBELL! All though I haven't post on the pvk forums yet due to computer problems and life in general. I'm also co-creator of the custom map pvk_trium! Which I might add we are allways working hard at developing a quality first release map that all can enjoy! Right now i'm once again hard at work mapping the viking portion of the map. Well I must be off, gonna go get some work done on the map right now! Also look forward to posts for the viking side of the map in this thread! GAME ON! icon_viking2.gif

-AOD- ZATOICHI
    glad to hear cant wait for the release of this map