[rel]pvk_carribean_dreams_b1

schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited August 2008 in Community Maps
Yo, I just want to release this first beta of my last team standing map. I hope everything's working fine as I had no chance to test it yet.

Things to come:

-improved 3d sky box
-improved fps rates
-item pick up
-miscellaneous

Screen:

Download:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/download/61509

P.S.: I'd love to use the func_fish_pool entity, but the fish models always swim on the side. How can i fix this?

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

Comments

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited 3:27AM
    Looks liek it's gonna need a lot more cover.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    QUOTE(Schatzmeister @ Aug 3 2008, 06:36 AM) »
    I'd love to use the func_fish_pool entity, but the fish models always swim on the side. How can i fix this?

Yes, please tell us how to fix this problem.

About the map, I'm no certified map critic or anything but it looks to me like you don't have the map centered because the lighting's off. Also the map's way too flat, you can see where your opponents spawn.
    image-1.gif
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Lighting is not off, there are just not so many shadows. And, yeah you can se your enemy spawn, so what? They are seperated quite a distance and there are slopes to provide cover.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.

• jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    No VIS occlusion though. The game is still going to render everything in the map, even if its not seen from the players perspective. This wouldn't be so bad in a small map, but the real problem is rendering all of the player models.
    Well, yes indeed, but does areana or cathedreal use occluders? If yes, how may I apply them correctly to my map?

• TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    You can't, at least not in any reasonable way. But I don't think the map will cause so much fps trouble, at least not with the current level of detail. If it does nevertheless, turn down the model's fade distances, use a cheap water shader and you're done.

Anyway, the layout looks sorta like what we already have (arena, cathedral), maybe some new elements wouldnt harm.
    Yeah, I actually think of construting a center area building which will make it easier for any team to conquer it to win the map.

I'd love to use the func_fish_pool entity, but the fish models always swim on the side. How can i fix this?
    Can some one please answer this.
    image-1.gif
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    Don't use the pvkii fish smile.gif The swim on a different axis
    QUOTE(Gaz @ Aug 6 2008, 01:49 AM) »
    Don't use the pvkii fish smile.gif The swim on a different axis

Ok...so then, what fish do we use? I searched all through the model viewer and couldn't find any fish swimming right side up.
    image-1.gif
    There are some sharks you cna download on the internet, which will not swim on their sides.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    Well, sharks don't fit in a pond... or water a meter deep. Besides, how complicated is it to decompile the fish and recompile them on the right angle?

Or perhaps you should ask how the devs got the fish to move right in pvk_island
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    Maybe, they just didn't use the fish_point entity but a func_train input output thingy... or else.