Official Servers going cross county.

Raneman25Raneman25 Banned
edited April 2008 in Official Servers
I mean,we need a west server,midwest,all over the country,I would host midwest,but I'm not official enough sad.gif

I'm sure there are many members of the community readyto help us have a server in regions everywhere,like a UK server,which is badly needed
The portal is secure.

Comments

• AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    edited April 2008
    I could host a midwest server, but I don't have internet at my home, I just steal from the neighbors wireless connection, and the signal is not powerful enough to host a server on.

I could host a midwest server here in Chicago while I'm at school, but it won't be up long, cause school gets out soon.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    edited 10:32AM
    school is not the place to run servers from, unless you mean university in which case go for it. everyone loves 10gbit links.
    move along
  • DELETEDDELETED Senior
    i can host more east cost servers as well tongue.gif but i guess we dont need more.
    I am a PROUD racist and male chauvinist

Men are BETTER than women
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, that's what I meant, my university internet, which is 100gbits

Honestly, I'll probably set one up in August when I get back to school. I'll use my old computer which I replaced with my uber l33t laptop for gaming and shit. It'll be a linux server, though. smile.gif That way we can has a MIDWEST one so people on the east coast and midwest can get a better connection. it'll be a fight for PLAYERS against MrAgent. biggrin.gif
    imageI love eggs!

• -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    That'll be nice. No more fighting in 100 ping enviorment of eastern servers...
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • ParaSwarmParaSwarm PVKII Team, Applicant
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Apr 24 2008, 06:41 PM) »
    Yeah, that's what I meant, my university internet, which is 100gbits

100 gigabit networks do not exist yet, although they are working on it and have already developed some standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_gigabit_Ethernet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_to_100G

Verizon working on 100g Internet Connection
    http://www.fullsail.edu/news/11825-verizon...amp;industry=no

Also, your computer wouldn't nearly be able to take advantage of this speed. Almost all NICs made in the last few years are gigabit, meaning they're capable of 1 gigabit per second (not to be confused with a gigabyte, which is much larger.) However, gigabit networks are meant for fast file transfers over a LAN. You probably don't come anywhere close to that speed downloading stuff from the internet. Also, most gigabit-equipped computers on a gigabit network don't reach anywhere near top speeds due to several factors. Most people reach around 1/3-1/2 of that speed (again, on LAN file transfers, not internet.) Tweaking TCP/IP settings on your computer can help a lot though (http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/nethub/article.php/3485486 has a good article on reaching top speeds.)

I'm sure your school has a great internet but we're still unfortunately limited by our network cards and our ethernets.
  • houseofbugshouseofbugs Members
    I would like to make this server official. It is 100tick and runs great. It is on a 100mbit backbone.

Enjoy! I play occasionally but I work part time and go to college full time.

~Tim
    haha. Well, what you can do is connect it with pvk stats.
    imageI love eggs!