Please unban me

Comments

• frigatefrigate Senior
    edited 9:07PM
    It's only exploiting if you kill an admin. The jump back thing (an exploit) isn't an exploit because an admin was using it against other players. Eveyone get it now?
    Member of the one territory party. One tower in desert ruin, one head on colossus, one boat in grog boat, one horn tower in helms deep is our slogan. Obviously specials (knight) break territory style game play, so our party supports a server side and mapping option to have specials turned off.
  • DuckSauceDuckSauce May the Sauce be with you! Senior
    QUOTE (frigate @ May 25 2008, 05:19 PM) »
    It's only exploiting if you kill an admin. The jump back thing (an exploit) isn't an exploit because an admin was using it against other players. Eveyone get it now?

best post yet!
    The sauciest person in the world.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    QUOTE (frigate @ May 25 2008, 06:19 PM) »

He didnt kill me with it.
    What you call an exploit(the jumping, what has been with us since 1.0), we dont.
  • ParaSwarmParaSwarm PVKII Team, Applicant
    QUOTE (ParaSwarm @ May 24 2008, 06:38 PM) »
    So counter-attacking going through block is an exploit?

Is it an exploit if the enemy didn't block?
    If he does block, THEN does the counterer become an exploiter?

Clarify that for me, Blade.

QUOTE (ParaSwarm @ May 24 2008, 06:38 PM) »
    This is news for the whole PVK community and deserves a thread by the Devs.

Blade, I'm still waiting.

I think the community would appeciate a thread by the devs on exactly what this exploit is, as well as any other magical "exploit" that we didn't know was an exploit. Then we'll have less chance of getting banned by a disgruntled power-crazed admin.
  • frigatefrigate Senior
    QUOTE (Blade @ May 25 2008, 04:05 PM) »
    He didnt kill me with it.
    What you call an exploit(the jumping, what has been with us since 1.0), we dont.

I have been with you since 1.1, and I can't believe you haven't fixed that yet. Who can jump when they are stunned anyway? Also I don't know if you are talking about bunny hopping to move away from an attack or the jump thing you can do to fly like 25 feet across the map, either way lets get someone on both.

Member of the one territory party. One tower in desert ruin, one head on colossus, one boat in grog boat, one horn tower in helms deep is our slogan. Obviously specials (knight) break territory style game play, so our party supports a server side and mapping option to have specials turned off.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    edited May 2008
    One last time, he had a warning before his ban, he ignored it and flamed, he brought it on himself. (Might be hard to convince the convinced triple here, who are also his friends.)
    He appealed here in a rude way and flamed, thus, ban stays.

Paraswarm - I am not going to reply to any of your questions/wonderings no matter what they are, until you change your attitude.(I am also not a real dev to you eyes, so someone will have to varify my answer anyhow.)
    You behave like an animal throughout the forums for sometime now, not only in this thread.
    You sickens me as a person and i dont think you are worth a respond.

QUOTE (frigate @ May 25 2008, 07:28 PM) »
    I have been with you since 1.1, and I can't believe you haven't fixed that yet. Who can jump when they are stunned anyway? Also I don't know if you are talking about bunny hopping to move away from an attack or the jump thing you can do to fly like 25 feet across the map, either way lets get someone on both.

As far as i know there is no bunnyhop, not at a rate that makes a diffrence at least.
    What i was refering is simply jumping, what isnt so easy to make against a moving enemy, if he knows what he is doing.

The game isnt about realism, i can give alot more examples about unrealistic features in the game.
    edited May 2008
    QUOTE (Blade @ May 25 2008, 11:37 AM) »
    Paraswarm - I am not going to reply to any of your questions/wonderings no matter what they are, until you change your attitude.(I am also not a real dev to you eyes, so someone will have to varify my answer anyhow.)
    You behave like an animal throughout the forums for sometime now, not only in this thread.
    You sickens me as a person and i dont think you are worth a respond.

I don't think you get it. You're not better than anyone here because you're a "lead tester". A lead tester who missed archer bugs, knight attack bugs, and counter-attack bugs, and then you ban people for it. I'm not impressed by you, nor am I going to suck up to you because you have a red label in your name. You only get people's respect when you earn it, and you have lost the respect of many people in this forum. I've had many discussions with people on Steam about this already.

Don't make this post for me, do it for the rest of the community that is finding your recent actions and posts rude, fascist, and hypocritical.

You sicken me as a representative of a great PVK2 team. If I was the team leader I'd have you apologize to the entire community for your pathetic behavior in this thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • He-ManHe-Man Senior
    "As i wrote before, i warned him before the ban(in the server) but he decided to accuse me of exploiting, saying what he did is ok and flamed me, thus, the ban.
    Here, in this thread, he keeps saying its ok, even though i told him in the server it isnt, and he keeps assaulting me with insults, good way to appeal the ban."

If this is your only case, then you have no case. When in the server you didn't even represent yourself as an admin; for all I knew you were just some stupid noob that didn't know anything about the game (which I believe still applies) and were threatening to report me to an admin. You were under a different name and there was no way for me to know you were an admin. Had I known, I would have simply quit "counter-attacking" and joined a different server. If you think me saying "wow you're dumb" is flaming, well then I guess I'm guilty, however you provoked it with your attitude and again I did not know you were admin. And nobody is flaming you on this forum, they're just telling it like it is, and sometimes the truth hurts. Again... I'm waiting for Amerika to read this and unban me, because from what I've seen he's the only admin that doesn't have his head up his ass.
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Am I the only one on Blades side? And plus He-Man it doesnt matter if you know its an admin or not, if your doing an exploit you shouldnt be doing it at all, and Blade was doing his job like an undercover cop, if you were speeding and theres no cops around its still illegal.

QUOTE (He-Man @ May 25 2008, 05:19 PM) »
    for all I knew you were just some stupid noob that didn't know anything about the game (which I believe still applies) and were threatening to report me to an admin. You were under a different name and

Whoever said He-man didnt flame Blade is obviously wrong tongue.gif
  • TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    Yeah, it really is a bad argument to say "well I didn't know he was an admin", since you should always play fair and without exploits no matter who is around.

That having said, considering countering an exploit is fairly stupid. Do we have to be careful with every damn counter now so we don't accidently hit someone who is blocking and "exploit" that way? Or does it only apply to counters that arent done directly after the parry? I don't quite understand why you care so much about getting your ass kicked by a regular hit instead of a delayed counter anyway...
  • FergFerg Senior
    "As i wrote before, i warned him before the ban(in the server) but he decided to accuse me of exploiting, saying what he did is ok and flamed me, thus, the ban.
    Here, in this thread, he keeps saying its ok, even though i told him in the server it isnt, and he keeps assaulting me with insults, good way to appeal the ban."
    You warned him in server that using this basic counterattack is a banworthy offense... it has taken those of us in this forum awhile to understand what you are talking about, so why should he have immediately understood from someone who he did not think was an admin/team member? His reaction was to think that you didn't know what you were talking about, which was my reaction in this forum as well (Although obviously it is true that the developers have labelled this an exploit). It is difficult for a player to be told that something as basic as timing one's counter is an exploit and believe it, particularly because in half-life based games there are always a variety of servers with new players serving as admins him kick/ban people for the offense of being better than them (calling it exploiting or hacking). I don't know about any flaming in game, but regardless, your reason for banning him was the "exploit" not the flaming. We really deserve to know what the exploits are, written in an official manner somewhere in the forum. That way this sort of thing doesn't happen.

"He didnt kill me with it.
    What you call an exploit(the jumping, what has been with us since 1.0), we dont."
    Its this kind of attitude that is a bit frustrating... who cares if he killed you with it? Denying that he killed you along with, "You mean, me killing you 5 times(180 ping), and you killing me one time?" just sounds egotistical and makes us think that you banned him because you didn't want him killing you. Maybe that isn't the case, but thats the way it sounds. Just as you call a carefully timed counterattack resulting in an unblockable attack an exploit, I would call carefully timed jumping that propels you (off of your own attack no less) fifty feet back an exploit. I simply don't see how it could be treated otherwise.

"One last time, he had a warning before his ban, he ignored it and flamed, he brought it on himself. (Might be hard to convince the convinced triple here, who are also his friends.)
    He appealed here in a rude way and flamed, thus, ban stays.

You sickens me as a person and i dont think you are worth a respond." Actually, I don't know He-man very well. What I do know of him is good though. All of your inflaming remarks such as: "You sickens me as a person and i dont think you are worth a respond" and "You are either stupid, trying to protect your friend, or both" leave me a bit less impressed.

"Am I the only one on Blades side? And plus He-Man it doesnt matter if you know its an admin or not, if your doing an exploit you shouldnt be doing it at all, and Blade was doing his job like an undercover cop, if you were speeding and theres no cops around its still illegal." Of course not, both of Blade's friends Eggzor and Cool Man both posted on Blade's side and every dev that has posted has been on Blade's side as well. It does matter if you know its an admin when no one has known the exploit existed until we read this topic. No undercover cop busts people for "crimes" that haven't been made law before the "criminal" did them. To put it more simply, as Para said earlier, Habius corpus still applies.
    edited May 2008
    QUOTE (Ferg @ May 25 2008, 06:22 PM) »
    No undercover cop busts people for "crimes" that haven't been made law before the "criminal" did them. To put it more simply, as Para said earlier, Habius corpus still applies.

Yes well the undercover cop warned him, saying it was an exploit and to stop, but He-Man didn't listen and did it anyways. Ferg you know I love you man but He-Man deservers the ban.

QUOTE (Ferg @ May 25 2008, 06:22 PM) »
    "He didnt kill me with it.
    What you call an exploit(the jumping, what has been with us since 1.0), we dont."
    Its this kind of attitude that is a bit frustrating... who cares if he killed you with it? Denying that he killed you along with, "You mean, me killing you 5 times(180 ping), and you killing me one time?" just sounds egotistical and makes us think that you banned him because you didn't want him killing you. Maybe that isn't the case, but thats the way it sounds.

Blade only said that because He-Man says that he probably banned him because He-Man said he was owning his ass....
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    edited May 2008
    QUOTE (TheMoon @ May 25 2008, 08:54 PM) »
    Yeah, it really is a bad argument to say "well I didn't know he was an admin", since you should always play fair and without exploits no matter who is around.

That having said, considering countering an exploit is fairly stupid. Do we have to be careful with every damn counter now so we don't accidently hit someone who is blocking and "exploit" that way? Or does it only apply to counters that arent done directly after the parry? I don't quite understand why you care so much about getting your ass kicked by a regular hit instead of a delayed counter anyway...

It isnt a regular counter attack when you simply press the attack button, its a bit more complicated and it wasnt meant to be in the game, as me and the coder said.
    Try to counter attack an enemy while he blocks, the attack wont go through the block, it can be easily tested with three people, or even two, but its a bit more complicated and can depend sometimes on the surface.

What he made is a diffrent sort of counter attack, it goes through block and has weird animation and it wasnt meant to be in the game, as said.
    As we are still in beta, it was fixed for 2.1 along with other bugs, such as the xbow, weapon stealing, etc.

I highly doubt he didnt know i am an admin, as i threaten to ban him while in server along other notes.
    Even after the ban, when he "appeals" here, he shows disrespect toward me keeps insulting me along with his 3 ingame friends who keeps spamming this thread with insults.
  • CrazyGoblinCrazyGoblin Everybody's favorite Greenskin Senior
    Threatening to ban someone has never and will never indicate that someone is actually an administrator. To assume that every player who claims authority or power is an admin would be ridiculous and highly counterproductive.

He begins his post showing disrespect for the administrator who banned him because the only thing he knows about the admin in question is that he banned him for no apparent reason, which in no way demands respect of any sort. He did not know it was you, and did not know anything else about the person who banned him, so saying that he was making a personal attack against you is, quite frankly, baffling.

As for the owning part, I shall quote his exact words:
    It's so dumb I'm not entirely sure it's the reason he banned me; maybe I owned his ass too many times before and he got pissed at fighting me.

Abusive administrators have a reputation for banning people who kill them. There is no defined number as to how many times you have to kill them, or even if that number has to be higher than how many times they killed you. One single kill can be enough to tip some overly-sensitive admins over the edge and into ban-flinging land.

He's not saying he was better than you, not saying he was killing you repeatedly, not saying anything regarding his fights with you other than that he managed to kill you at least once. It is a sarcastic comment, and although I know that sarcasm doesn't travel very well over the internet, there are a lot of people who still try to use it. Apparently, it came back to bit him in the butt.

And as for the claim that the only people who are supporting his case are simply old pals of his bent on causing unrest, let me inform you that this is in no way the case. I'm unsure if you're including me in the group of "friend-supporters", but remember that I hadn't even downloaded Beta 2.0 before reading this thread. I had no prior knowledge of his existence before this thread, and I don't think I'm the only one.

Speaking out against an injustice does not require a person to have ulterior motives. I think that's a fact that deserves a bit of recognition from the forum's administrative staff.
  • FergFerg Senior
    "Yes well the undercover cop warned him, saying it was an exploit and to stop, but He-Man didn't listen and did it anyways. Ferg you know I love you man but He-Man deservers the ban." If the cop was undercover than a warning doesn't mean anything. The warning of an undercover cop doesn't carry the weight of law.

"It isnt a regular counter attack when you simply press the attack button, its a bit more complicated and it wasnt meant to be in the game, as me and the coder said.
    Try to counter attack an enemy while he blocks, the attack wont go through the block, it can be easily tested with three people, or even two, but its a bit more complicated and can depend sometimes on the surface."
    So what is wrong with the counterattack he did. The fact that he could time it of the fact that it was unblockable. As I said earlier, I have done this kind of block before, and I've even advized people in the forum to use a pp against one opponent to counterattack another because it is unblockable. Had I known this was an exploit I would never have posted it, for I do not condone exploiting in any way. However, were I am confused is whether we will be able to time counters (but opponents still be able to block them) being unable to time them is gamebreaking for me, but the parrying I don't care much about because it would be very difficult to correctly parry such a fast attack. If we are going to be allowed to time our attacks I don't see how this offense would be bannable. If we aren't... well I don't see how 2.1 could be playable.

"when he "appeals" here, he shows disrespect toward me keeps insulting me along with his 3 ingame friends who keeps spamming this thread with insults."
    I assume you are referencing me as one of the three ingame friends, yet I have not insulted you in this thread, but you have called me an idiot...
  • He-ManHe-Man Senior
    "Yeah, it really is a bad argument to say "well I didn't know he was an admin", since you should always play fair and without exploits no matter who is around."

Yeah, except it's not an exploit. The only reason I would stop doing it is because the admin said so, and what the admin says goes no matter how dumb it is. If he's not an admin, there is no reason to listen to him. That said, I motion to make Blade the new Stealthwalker. All in favor?... Oh and Banjo Boy, you should wipe that brown off your nose there.
    QUOTE (He-Man @ May 25 2008, 09:23 PM) »
    "Yeah, it really is a bad argument to say "well I didn't know he was an admin", since you should always play fair and without exploits no matter who is around."

Yeah, except it's not an exploit. The only reason I would stop doing it is because the admin said so, and what the admin says goes no matter how dumb it is. If he's not an admin, there is no reason to listen to him. That said, I motion to make Blade the new Stealthwalker. All in favor?... Oh and Banjo Boy, you should wipe that brown off your nose there.

He-Man devs came in here, said it was an exploit and will be fixed in 2.1 and you still say its not an exploit. Your a fucking dumbass.
  • He-ManHe-Man Senior
    ... I think you missed a spot.
    Okay, now that was a pointless insult. He-Man, that's really not gonna help your case.
  • He-ManHe-Man Senior
    Help my case? Dude I think I gave up on that after the dev team showed us they got shit for brains. Seriously my ass could be a better dev team than these guys, with one cheek tied behind my balls. I'm just waiting patiently for Amerika.
  • FergFerg Senior
    QUOTE (CrazyGoblin @ May 25 2008, 02:39 PM) »
    Okay, now that was a pointless insult. He-Man, that's really not gonna help your case.

Yeah that was pretty pointless and rude. Its true that he already lost his "case" before it ever began though.
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    edited May 2008
    How is that rude and insulting when Banjo Boy just called him a fucking dumbass.

Internet fights are so fucking lame, seriously. I doubt most of you can handle yourselves properly in the real world seeing how you handle yourselves online. Because one party can't do anything to the other online, neither end will give up because you're a bunch of stubborn assholes who use Internet titles as some sort of seniority amongst the community. If only you guys could really see what the world is really like, oh ho...if only if only. This whole thread is a massive flaming joke. You're all passing off as a bunch of immature bastards, even Blade. All you guys have managed to do is contradict eachother with hypocritical posts and creating this non-stop circle jerk. This reminds me of the minutes before a boxing match begins. We have all these fucks cheering on one guy, giving him pointers and shit, and then we have the same thing going on with the other guy. The two guys here are Blade and He-Man. Let them fight it themselves, and seeing how the community has reacted to this orgy of arguing children, it seems it would have been better fought through PM's in retrospect.

I, for one, think that He-Man should be reprimended and the ban last only a couple days to a week since it's clear that the majority of posts in here were/are unnaware of this exploit. And what's all this shit about blocking a counter-attack? I have never seen it done and I would acuse someone of exploiting if they somehow managed to move quick enough to block a counter blow.

Do you know what I would like to see, since this thread is a complete waste of fucking time? A list from Crazytalk with all of the known exploits, but leaving out the directions of execution. Post something like:

-Stealing weapons
    -Moving while reloading with archer
    -etc.

and sticky it. Lo and fucking behold, this thread would have had no reason to exist since He-Man would have been aware of this exploit and therefore not used it in the first place.

Oh, and the funny thing is, I'm not going to be surprised if this fascist community starts handing out bans because of people talking back in this thread. If you start banning people, you'll only seem more stupid in the eyes of other members.
    QUOTE (EV3 @ May 25 2008, 11:06 PM) »
    How is that rude and insulting when Banjo Boy just called him a fucking dumbass.

Hey baby.
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    I see you turned that 30 minute ban permanent after I removed you.
  • He-ManHe-Man Senior
    Go Eve. I ran into some words of wisdom a few years back. "Arguing over the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, because even if you win, you're still retarded." This is why I don't like posting on forums, and the only reason I'm here is to get unbanned, so why the FUCK am I not unbanned. Is Amerika on vacation or what????!!!!
  • FergFerg Senior
    Well Amerika hasn't been on in a couple days. Even when he gets on I doubt you will get unbanned though.
    QUOTE (EV3 @ May 25 2008, 06:06 PM) »
    Do you know what I would like to see, since this thread is a complete waste of fucking time? A list from Crazytalk with all of the known exploits, but leaving out the directions of execution. Post something like:

-Stealing weapons
    -Moving while reloading with archer
    -etc.

and sticky it. Lo and fucking behold, this thread would have had no reason to exist since He-Man would have been aware of this exploit and therefore not used it in the first place.

That is exactly what I'm calling for.

List the fucking exploits or don't ban people for it.
    edited May 2008
    QUOTE (EV3 @ May 25 2008, 11:25 PM) »
    I see you turned that 30 minute ban permanent after I removed you.

removed me from what?

EDIT: lol I just checked my steam friends and you werent there! lol didnt even notice. And probably another admin banned you for mic spamming, cuz uh you were doing it the whole time.
    Yes, that would be the best course of action.

And that Special Olympics quote has been around since ancient times, but it still holds true. However, I came across one that was relatively recent (well, in comparison) that talked about how the internet is like a performing troupe of circus elephants with diarrhea.

Massive, awe-inspiring, and capable of producing incredible amounts of shit when you least expect it.

I would also like to point out, just so I can add another double-line space in this post, that an insult is still an insult even if it's perfectly justified. Unless it's really clever, in which case it becomes art.

Heh heh... I'm so damned happy to be able to go back to a forum that has never had an argument like this...
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    edited May 2008
    Stop flaming, you asses. Use AIM or MSN for that as well as naughty cybering.
    Also, KEEP YOUR POSTS ON THE TOPIC. Thx.

I'm reviewing it and consulting with the other admins. KAY? biggrin.gif
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

This discussion has been closed.