[WIP]pvk_vault

schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited September 2009 in Community Maps
A Holy Grail map
The collapsed masonry reveals long-hidden secrets. A forgotten vault is the last home not only of the brave knight who is buried there but also of the holy grail. Now that the golden goblet is accessible, Pirats, Vikings and Knights must fight their way through hallways and squares of scruffy charm. This town has defenitly seen better days.

Some of you might recognize parts of the map from my old release pvk_piazza, which I stopped working on and partly integrated in this new map of mine.

It is still in it's early stages but the layout is mostly done and now there are these devilish details to add.

The map is not all too big and it should cost you only seconds of walking to run into the evergoing fight around the grail.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

Comments

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited 6:47PM
    Interesting
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • MasonMason Senior
    Bevel the edges of those wooden pillars on 3rd screen shot and they'll look a lot better. Also rotate the textures. First screenshot is awesome though.
  • -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    edited September 2009
    That first screen shot has a lot of mystery in it, and it's easily the best screen you've shown. The architecture in the other parts of your map are blocky and less interesting, though the last screen shot's a step in the right direction.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more screens.

*Edit
    Sorry the font size is really small in the picture, the top line reads "Needs to look more natural>" and the bottom "Too blocky, either make it an archway with more arches, or a simple square door-way."
    image-1.gif
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    In general the maps architecture reminds me of the old 1.6 maps.
    Also a lot of your map details are to symmetrical.
    When simulating old things its better and more realistic to make such things more random. icon_zombieglomp.gif