Remove the round limit on the Official Server

JanrokJanrok Senior
edited July 2008 in Official Servers
The limit is making awesome maps like Cathedral last like 5 minutes, we ended up rocking the vote 6 times just to play it again!

You should remove it, or increase it drastically.

Comments

• AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    edited 6:22AM
    Well, what I have been thinking to rectify the situation after getting a firsthand account of how much you people love Cathedral, I realized that maybe we should have just a map with Cathedral.

Or, we should just have the thing stay on Cathedral for 15-20 minutes, or even 30 minutes like the old arena, except people actually like this map.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    I agree. I don't like the gamemode all that much, but it's fun as hell to watch. Especially when sudden death happens >:D
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • CopetCopet Senior
    I was just getting on the forums to make this thread. I LOVE the deathmatches, but they seem to last for 5 minutes...
    user posted image
  • SpookySpooky Senior
    I completely agree... I don't think the 3 round til map switch works anymore. I'd say play all maps 30 minutes OR 10 rounds, whichever comes first.

With the grail, its sad that the first round takes 4 kills, and only like 15 for the next few and its done. Additionally, Arena and Cathedral ROCK (thanks for the arena fixes), and it stinks to have your favorite map switched in ~15 minutes.

All your game modes ROCK now, WAY better than old ones... let us savor them. Try 30 mins or 10 rounds.
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Is there any cvar to make how many rounds you want just for a last team standing match? like mp_roundlimitlastteamstanding 9999 or something?
  • SpookySpooky Senior
    QUOTE(Spooky @ Jul 22 2008, 04:23 AM) »
    All your game modes ROCK now, WAY better than old ones... let us savor them. Try 30 mins or 10 rounds.

Now that I look over this, 20-25 minutes or 8 rounds could work too... something's just gotta change!
  • CopetCopet Senior
    Keep me updated if you guys end up changing the round/time limits tongue.gif
    user posted image
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Last Team Standing is going to be changed to keep doing rounds till the server map timelimit occurs next patch since it does not seem to last long.
  • MrAgentMrAgent TITLE? I dont need no stinking title! PVKII Team
    In the meantime just do mp_winlimit 999 if you want it to play out the 20-30 min for the map.

From now on when it changes to pvk_cathedral itll be set to 999 rounds, which means itll play for 20 min.
    A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his crotch. The bartender says, "Um... excuse me... did you know you have a steering wheel on your crotch?" The pirate replies "ARRRRRRRRRRR! I know! It's driving me nuts!"

Excellent.
    imageI love eggs!

• CopetCopet Senior
    I played Cathedral on a US official and it wasn't doing that... still only 4 minute maps with Last Man Standing.
    user posted image
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    MrAgent you need to change mp_roundlimit tongue.gif That is what causes it.
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    yeah, i tried, but it won't let me change it. the most i could do was sm_nextmap pvk_cathederal
    imageI love eggs!

• CopetCopet Senior
    FIX IT FIX IT *cries* sad.gif
    user posted image