does anyone play pvk anymore?

SmittyThePirateSmittyThePirate Members
edited 11:00PM in PVK Discussion
It seems to me that hardly anyone plays pvk anymore. Whenever I go on steam and seacrh for servers all of them have 0 people. I think everybody should play more!
Arrr

Comments

• jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    edited 11:00PM
    try a different time of day. People play every day.
  • NorphTehDwarfNorphTehDwarf Senior
    Usually we organize via AIM or some other messaging app. Also, regarding the servers: if you join it, more will come.
    E Unim Pluribus
    "From One, Many"(Small Pieces!)
    "jump from desertruin tower directly onto ham"- Masmak
    InfiniteJorge: DABNIKESBHJKBHHA!!!!!!!!!11111
  • SmittyThePirateSmittyThePirate Members
    Well, I just joiend a game and some more people came, but I was lagging. I believe it is my video card. I just got a new computer and I think this computer has a worse card than my old one. I'm not a computer expert, but my brother knows a lot so I asked him and he says my video card is built in so to replace it I'd need a new motherboard or soemthing like that. This sucks.
    Arrr
  • PAcifistiPAcifisti Members, Senior
    QUOTE (SmittyThePirate)
    Well, I just joiend a game and some more people came, but I was lagging.  I believe it is my video card.  I just got a new computer and I think this computer has a worse card than my old one.  I'm not a computer expert, but my brother knows a lot so I asked him and he says my video card is built in so to replace it I'd need a new motherboard or soemthing like that.  This sucks.

oh please...When will people learn that LAG doesn't equal to having low FPS (frames per second)
    lagging is something caused either by your connection, rate settings or server's connection. And remember also that distances cause high ping, like if you are playing from US and the server is in Eu you will have ping around 100-250ms.
    Anyway, this has nothing to do with your Graphics card

Having a low FPS makes the game run far from smoothly, but it won't make anyone lag. (unless you are playing with some ancient 300mhz pentium II)
    Low FPS in HL is usually caused by your CPU or Graphics card

But on the topic: People do still play pvk, you should be able to find servers with players around 16-20 GMT +0
    keeper of the True Gaming Area
    It might have been the server then, although my ping was huge. It was around 1700-2000, that's not just slow.
    Arrr
    alright, I think it's just my internet provider going slow right now seeing as everything is going slow.
    Arrr
    why dont you try to starting your own server and see if its slow? If it is then it is your video card. Onboard video cards are slow, but they should be able to play a 5 year old game.
  • HaVoKHaVoK PVKII Team
    If your Ping is above 1000+ there's definatly a major problem with your connection or your computer. Even If I play on a korean/UK/Russian server its 189-312.

XVAAG.gif

Man... I remember playing pvk when you thanked God for a ping below 900.
    E Unim Pluribus
  • DecipherDecipher Senior
    I'm just glad there's actually more than one server up. It was not too long ago that we'd be lucky to have just one server.
    On an extended hiatus to focus on school.
    Ah... the days of motown madness being the only server... And then the guardhouse took over... and when it went down, we had NOTHIN'. 'twas hellish, lads!
    E Unim Pluribus
    Those were some good days. My finest memory is on grogboat. Everyone was a pirate onboard the boat and I was the only knight, picking them off one by one with my arrows.
  • Strider2Strider2 Senior
    To the topic: Yes I do still play, from time to time.
  • LoE | WootjeLoE | Wootje Banned
    i still play alot, usally you see my server up with 12 people by 5pm or 6pm gmt time.

i seen pacifisti on there, strider, Akz, few other players.
    its getting more active everyday, you see lots of noobs with the name dinah lol bless the noobs lol were we be without them.

on a other note, i said somewhere on the fourm that had athe first game of our mini league here i have the shots

and 2nd round

Was good game, i hope it goes down in history for first clan match, but i think it has been done before, or it can go down as the first league match in pvk history tongue.gif
    Haha Clans are so pointless with a community this small. In CS a clan would be the size of the PVK community in it's entirety. Aside from Clan "wars", what's the point??
    If anybody cares, pvk is running fine now. It was just my internet provider going slow.
    Arrr
    Internet providers are suck. To keep things going fast for me, I taped a bit of the true cross onto my phone line, which somehow magically also sends dsl at my computer.
    E Unim Pluribus
  • HaVoKHaVoK PVKII Team
    It wasnt the first clan match in PVK. We used to do them every once in awhile. All that I can remember was KB vs TIP (me and my little brother havar) vs 4 of them, and when we creamed them they insisted on having low gravity because thats what they practiced on, and they still got destroyed.

I think BD and KB also had a match if im not mistaken.

XVAAG.gif

• JuggernautJuggernaut Senior
    aww man i rememeber KB was the clan that everyone wanted to be in, including me, but no one liked me....oh well
    "actually there was a study that if u stare at tits for like 10 mins its equivilent to like running for half a mile or something like that"
  • HaVoKHaVoK PVKII Team
    Anyways, it's really hard to have a fair PVK match because of pings, usually its a EU vs US clan =/

XVAAG.gif

• Gee HawdGee Hawd Senior
    QUOTE (Juggernaut)
    aww man i rememeber KB is the clan that everyone wants to be in, including me, but no one liked me....oh well

Your tense was wrong in that sentence.

To keep on topic, I was playing the other day. In fact I'm going to play right now.
    user posted image
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Senior
    sorry man

aww man i rememeber KB was the clan that everyone wanted to be in, including me, but no one liked me....oh well

and to stay on topic, i play pvk mostly on weekends if i can, school sucks =/
    "actually there was a study that if u stare at tits for like 10 mins its equivilent to like running for half a mile or something like that"
  • LoE | WootjeLoE | Wootje Banned
    yea well we play euro clans atm, but would like to play kb in a pcw but just not easy cause of ping
  • EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    I like small clans.
    To stay on topic, for some reason I hardly play PVK. sad.gif
  • MarcoroniMarcoroni Senior
    I haven't been playing the last few days (nor have had the server up), but I've been playing a good deal of PVK recently. I'm fairly content with how many people we have playing, and this is alot of servers compared to my first days in PVK.
    I've playing pvk about once a day in the past couple weeks, though not recently, as my shifts at work have been weird times.
  • edited 11:00PM
    .... 4 of them? We only faced you with 2 i still remember it... And there was not low gravity, I remember that match like it was yesterday first clan match TIP had! I had 20 somthing kills and Ice Demon had like 5... i think we were playing to 30 somthing... I guess if you played TIP with 4 you probably played The Incredible Pirates.... Bastards who stole are tag pissed me off i started playing MMORPG's for the past 3 years xD.

P.S. I just bought halflife again!!!! anyone oldies who wanna play gimmie a msg in my AIM or email, been so long tongue.gif.
    user posted image
    jameshiggins778@hotmail.com
    err.. you're aim SN ain't listed, Irish.
    E Unim Pluribus
    jameshiggins778 my bad xD there ya go
    I dont know how this idiot guest is who forgot to sign in before posting my AIM ..... cough... noob, but yea jameshiggins778
    user posted image
    jameshiggins778@hotmail.com