[WIP] Knights Templar bits

SabreSabre Senior
edited February 2008 in Custom Models/Skins/Sounds
Teutonic and Knights Hospitaller may follow
This basically started as a personal project to match up the heavy knight with the new archer, but it went a bit further and I was quite happy with how it came out, so I thought I'd put it out here to see if there's any interest for it. Note that this has nothing whatsoever to do with those Templar people out there (if they still exist, I've only just started playing PVKII again), I did it simply for fun. If there's any interest, I may give the knights similar treatment for the Teutonic Order and the Knights Hospitaller, and possibly a good old Medieval English theme as well.

Anyway, some screenies. Remember that none of this is too complex: I'm not a skinner by nature - ie I didn't make the textures, I've merely modified them from their original sources (mainly photographs) and implemented them into the game. Nothing is final yet, a lot still needs fine tuning. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Firstly, some banners:

The knights' flag, using same emblem as the banner. I plan to see if I can use this for the timer sprite flag as well. And if I can work out how VTF's manage animation, the team select icon too:

The shield, made from reference pictures of a Knights Templar shield. A little squished, but nothing major. Includes new normal maps so it appears quite well in-game. I'll probably do another version with just the regular red cross as an alternative:

And lastly, the heavy knight. Its a fairly simplisitic - but in my view very effective for its purpose - adaptation of the archer's textures. The archer in the first picture provides a reasonable comparison:

UPDATE:

Here's an early shot of the other shield, with the red Knights Templar cross. Still a lot to do, but it shows the basics. The reference I'm using uses a brass outline, I'll see if I can't improve it, but if it doesn't work it looks neat enough with the standard metal:

"War is the continuation of politics by other means" - Karl von Clausewitz

Comments

• J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    edited 9:27PM
    looks awesome...i like the heavy knight.

icon_knight3.gif
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    Wow. This is awesome especially the shield. The very very nice change from the blank surface of the original shield smile.gif
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • SabreSabre Senior
    I've updated the first post with a shot of the other shield I said I'd do, with the simple red Knights Templar cross.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means" - Karl von Clausewitz
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    QUOTE (Sabre @ Feb 14 2008, 01:19 PM) »
    I'll see if I can't improve it

huh.gif
    Its funny how everyone is always doing Hospitaller or Templars. I demand knights of Jerusalem and Antlioch, those smexy blue outfits.
    user posted image
  • -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    I like me teutonic knights, them and their white and black (it seems hospitallers have the opposite color arrangement of teutonics.)
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • JeralJeral Teh Sieg. Senior
    Wow.

Awesome work man.
    Eri Sawachika/Erza Scarlet/Satsuki Kitaooji <3

• Khaotic'Khaotic' Dinah #1 Senior
    Nice work