Maps

AmerikaAmerika HonkeySenior
edited February 2008 in Official Servers
I have gotten a lot of complaints from people who feel that the maps on the servers switch too fast, and then once it gets to Arena, it is on that map for 30 minutes or so.

I think instead of the maps where the objective is booty tag, or booty, there should be at least 2 rounds instead of the current one round, and that the time on arena should be cut in half in order to balance out the game a little more.

That way we'd still get to use all of the maps, but we wouldn't be stuck on Arena for 2-3 times longer than we would on the other maps. Well, that about does it.
Well, especially when the previous two maps go by in less than 10 minutes...
KTHXBYE. biggrin.gif
imageI love eggs!
QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

Comments

• SenkuSenku Senior
    edited 11:26AM
    I thought it was about 3 rounds per level, now it's just one. It does get boring after playing on arena for 30 minutes, but it's still really fun. Maybe they can increase the game limit or something.
  • RxDrThndrRxDrThndr Senior
    Previously it used to be 30 min per map, and that usually lasted about 3 rounds on any assorted map. Now once someone wins it switches and makes me :<.

I suggest going back to the old way, but I know some people get fustrated at some of the maps and would not want to play them, but all 4 of the official servers having the same map is rare when some games last longer than 30 min. Which basically on objective based maps lasted until someone won again after the 30 minutes, or on DM maps just ended after 30 min.

Switching maps constantly kinda ruins some of the fun.
  • HipskovskiHipskovski Senior
    Well, from the looks of it, its not supposed to be doing what it is. If you check time left, there is always lots of time left when the round ends as well as there being no map votes on any maps except for Arena which is only because it lasts so long.
    QUOTE (Hipskovski @ Feb 11 2008, 09:51 PM) »
    Well, from the looks of it, its not supposed to be doing what it is. If you check time left, there is always lots of time left when the round ends as well as there being no map votes on any maps except for Arena which is only because it lasts so long.

Well thats because it goes for:

Either-
    - 1 Round Won
    - Time Up

Whichever happens first. What would be better would be

Either-
    - 3 Rounds Won (or 4)
    - Time Up
    -- If Time Up: Go until end of current round (if objective based)

That way, Time Up may happen first if all of the rounds last longer than the time.
  • HipskovskiHipskovski Senior
    That doesn't account for why we don't get map votes, except for on arena though. I don't see them doing that on purpose. It was fine the way it was.
    QUOTE (Hipskovski @ Feb 11 2008, 10:39 PM) »
    That doesn't account for why we don't get map votes, except for on arena though. I don't see them doing that on purpose. It was fine the way it was.

Yes it does. The server only asks for a vote when the map will come to an end soon.
  • MrAgentMrAgent TITLE? I dont need no stinking title! PVKII Team
    Its been fixed... its now set to 3 rounds per map...
    A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his crotch. The bartender says, "Um... excuse me... did you know you have a steering wheel on your crotch?" The pirate replies "ARRRRRRRRRRR! I know! It's driving me nuts!"

• Khaotic'Khaotic' Dinah #1 Senior
    Good Agent
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    I was there biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • DELETEDDELETED Senior
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Feb 10 2008, 06:10 PM) »
    I have gotten a lot of complaints from people who feel that the maps on the servers switch too fast, and then once it gets to Arena, it is on that map for 30 minutes or so.

I think instead of the maps where the objective is booty tag, or booty, there should be at least 2 rounds instead of the current one round, and that the time on arena should be cut in half in order to balance out the game a little more.

That way we'd still get to use all of the maps, but we wouldn't be stuck on Arena for 2-3 times longer than we would on the other maps. Well, that about does it.
    Well, especially when the previous two maps go by in less than 10 minutes...
    KTHXBYE. biggrin.gif

wrong logic!

If we double the length of other maps and cut the length of arena in half the arena the time spent in arena would be .25 times the the original time.
    I am a PROUD racist and male chauvinist

Men are BETTER than women
  • AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    European server still changed after one round
  • JeralJeral Teh Sieg. Senior
    you can do a simple thing.

Maps -> Three rounds, and don't include Arena in the Mapcycle biggrin.gif
    Eri Sawachika/Erza Scarlet/Satsuki Kitaooji <3

• AsskickerAsskicker Senior