te_sandstorm

VasumatiVasumati Queen of BackstabsMembers
I like the new map and all, but why was the original removed?? There was nothing wrong with it; and out of all the te_ stock maps, its deffinanetly my favourite. Is there any chance of it coming back?? At the very least, make it available to download so server owners can throw it on their server...

Comments

• SaunaChumSaunaChum PVKII Team
    edited October 21
    The problem with the old version was that players used to fight around the spawn areas instead of going to the territories. That is why the new version guides the players to territories right away and keeps them in with the actual sandstorm. And we could definitely release the old Sandstorm on Workshop if it still exists somewhere.
    Production Manager
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited October 21
    Here is the old version as a Community Classic Map on the Workshop:

FileTe sandstormjpg
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895223255

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• VasumatiVasumati Queen of Backstabs Members
    Thanks for explaining why it was changed. Now i have a better understanding.

And thanks for making it available again!
    Sort of on topic, also; i think.... (I don't see the point in making an entire new thread for one simple question)

I know there's a saints map and it's on multiple servers; i'm just curious why it's not a stock map anymore?? What was the reason for that??
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team

Retirement

On October 2014 Saints was removed from the official maps list due to its age and several issues regarding gameplay and level design that proved to be unfeasible to be fixed. Nevertheless the last release of the map is often picked up and played in servers based on custom maps.

On January 2016 it was announced that Saints would be re-released as part of the Unofficial Community Classic Maps series.

http://wiki.pvkii.com/index.php?title=Saints

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

Thanks for the response!

Curiousity: satisfied