PVKII Beta 0.4.1.2 Update Release Notes
This is a general update that features gore updates, balance changes, and other general fixes/updates.
Server owners, please update your servers!
- Bondi flatbow damage increased to 58 from 55
- Flatbow charge time reduced, and arrow drop reduced.
- Flatbow special now has an additional arrow
- Flatbow special damage per arrow reduced to 65 from 75
- Flatbow special now does stacking combo damage per consecutive arrow
- Bondi seax total damage upped to 46 from 45
- Bondi seax forward swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.0 from 1.2
- Bondi seax back swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.1 from 1.3
- Bondi seax left swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.0 from 1.2
- Bondi seax right swing damage multiplier reduced to 1.0 from 1.2
- Fixed unintentional Gestir javelin headshot nerf from 4.0
- Heavy Knight two handed sword swings faster with PVKII 2.2 era values
- New and updated gib/blood particles, as well as new underwater variants
- Generic gibs added (heart/liver/brain/etc)
- Can now dismember two legs at once based on random chance for specific two handed weapons
- Auto-balance now prioritizes players that have been on that team for the least amount of time instead of by connection time
- Increased the duration of auto-balance resistance to 10 minutes from 5
- Added Steam rich presence
Operating System Support:
- Windows XP/Vista no longer supported as Steam no longer supports these operating systems.
- This is one of, if not the last version of PVKII to support MacOS due to it going 64-bit only.
- Fixed client being able to execute commands with MapHacks
- Crash and crash exploit fixes
- Changed weapon_chest physics spawn flag into a key value. This should fix maps like bt_pumpkinraid with the player being unable to touch the chest
- Really fixed Bondi t-pose bug
- Man-at-Arms’ taunting achievement now properly accounts for all enemy classes
- Fixed some VGUI frame transparency issues
- Fixed some issues with trigger_jump not launching players properly
- Fixed Bondi dismemberment clipping\floaty gib bits and textures inside the model
- Fixed disabled team not working on listen servers
- Fixed City Merchant achievement being given to spectators if Knights win
- Fixed add-on manager dialog not requesting focus properly
- Fixed incorrect scheme colors in add-on manager dialog
- Fixed missing loading icon in add-on manager dialog
- Fixed “Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!” spew
- env_projectedtexture should now work properly
- Next and previous weapon selection will no longer try to select longbow, flatbow, and blunderbuss when they’re out of ammo
- Fixed whacky score count issue on booty if there are 0 chests in the map
For Level Creators/Mappers:
- Hammer can now preview .mp3, .ogg, and various other sound formats. Useful for ambient_fmod
- Ham health pickup has been brought back for mappers (item_food_med)
- trigger_jump can now be made to respond to players only
- Added “OnKeyTaken” output for item_key
- Added “OnPlayerDeath” output to trigger_hurt
- New trigger_chest entity that responds only to chests with unique outputs for touching while carrying or not carrying a chest
- Two new entities info_chest_remover and info_chest_spawner that can be used to add/remove chests and update the chest count properly
- Added OnPlayerThrow output for weapon_chest entity
- New info_team_scoring_indicator entity that can be used to specify where a scoring indicator should be (for chest zones)
- New info_map_cvar entity that can be used to set ConVars that will be properly reset when the map changes
- Can’t attack gibs or kick them by default, now behind option cl_gibs_attackable for performance reasons
- Added support for Discord game invites
- Rich presence now shows “Joining a server…” while players are connecting
- Removed big heads server option
- Players will now have a key icon above their head when carrying keys instead of glowing
- Keys will now glow
- Chests will now save their entity names when they’re picked up and will be restored when they’re dropped
- Significant improvements to ambient_fmod performance and loading, this should fix issues that could cause an infinite lag loop
- New startup option “-nofmod” to start the game without FMOD (used for main menu music, buttons, and other sound related things)
- mat_fullbright will now be reset to 0 on level shutdown. So if you transition from a map with no lighting to a map with lighting it works properly.
- PVKII-specific shaders have been updated to support flashlights (an effect that’s used by certain entities like env_projectedtexture)
Join the conversation on the official https://discord.gg/pvkii
PVKII Discord! Interact with devs, testers and creators!
Follow us on Trello
for the latest development buzz, and as always, follow us on Facebook
for more updates.
Enjoy the update!