Which mice pad is the best?

BladeBlade PVKII Team
edited 11:30AM in Bugs/Support
Dont think too much about money, as in here everything costs x2-x2.5 anyhow.

Comments

• MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    edited 11:30AM
    Which mouse are you getting?
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Well, currently there is no better than my mx518 (at least in my opinion).

Basicaly i am waiting for something new.

Currently i am using the mx518 + func 1030 (orange pad - BAH! - there is no black in israel , also it costs x2 smile.gif)

Anyhow, i guess i just need to wait for a new mice and then ask the given question.

But now that we are talking about pads and mice, why not talking about skates?

I never used any, do you think its any good?
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    Most definitively. They envigorate your mouse anew! Skates are a big plus in my book. I bought 2 meters for like 3€ a year ago. Haven't worn out yet.

I'd suggest something other than the func pad though, as it tends to wear out teflon skates quite quickly from what I've heard. I'm using the Steelpad S&S with great enjoyment. Glides well even with my heavy MX1000 and doesn't have the "nails on board" sound of the icemat/lookalikes. In spite of the name, it's also plastic, so no cold hands when doing lots of mousework smile.gif. As an added bonus, it's only about 1 mm from the table, so I don't have to make do with a sharp edge hurting my wrist.
    - Richard Feynman
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    I heard that the skates damage the normal mouse feet, when you wear them off, is it true?

Do you "connect" / attach them with glue or something?
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    Skates are usually made as a piece of "tape" with teflon on one side and an adhesive on the other side. No chance of damaging the feet when attached. Might be some glue-ish stuff on them when you pull them off, but it rinses off nicely with some gasoline.
    - Richard Feynman
  • edited 11:30AM
    ...worst topic ever
    They say sing while you slave...
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin')
    ...worst topic ever

Lamest comment ever; No constructive input at all. Stop bickering about stuff you dont want to discuss, instead, don't discuss it.
    - Richard Feynman
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Cool, i will try some for my next mouse.

Thanks. :wink:
  • NorphTehDwarfNorphTehDwarf Senior
    What kind of cleaning fluid should I use for my trackball?
    E Unim Pluribus
    "From One, Many"(Small Pieces!)
    "jump from desertruin tower directly onto ham"- Masmak
    InfiniteJorge: DABNIKESBHJKBHHA!!!!!!!!!11111
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    You should use money, with which to buy something that is not a trackball tongue.gif

Anyhoo, I think rubbing alcohol should do the trick. Also might want to take it apart and clean the innards.
    - Richard Feynman
  • edited 11:30AM
    QUOTE (MahaTmA)
    QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin')
    ...worst topic ever

Lamest comment ever; No constructive input at all. Stop bickering about stuff you dont want to discuss, instead, don't discuss it.

worst comeback ever.

They say sing while you slave...
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Senior
    ahahhahahahaaa
    "actually there was a study that if u stare at tits for like 10 mins its equivilent to like running for half a mile or something like that"
  • PAcifistiPAcifisti Members, Senior
    back in the topic (OMG, ANTI OFFTOPIC POST)

You should first try the mouse on the table you are using, no pads or skates or anything. Atleast I found that to be the best way on many tables, skates just worn out and after that they only slow the mouse down, pads get dirty and broken, plus many "ultra hyper dyper gyber" metal pads make the optical mouse suck IMO.

(I'm using MX510 mouse)

only table where optical has really sucked has been glass table so far, unless you use glasstable, you should try this first.
    keeper of the True Gaming Area
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Doesnt the table ruin the mouse feet?
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    It will. And Paci, the pad I'm talking about is hard plastic with a special surface. Works way better than any table.
    - Richard Feynman
  • PAcifistiPAcifisti Members, Senior
    Ruin the mouse feets? well yeah, maybe in 5-7 years or something, but is your mouse alive after 5 years anyway? All metal and plastic and fancy pads I've had so far (and I've used some really "good" ones) havent given me the control and freedom that using the table gives you. You never run out of pad
    keeper of the True Gaming Area