The custom files setting.

DrauliusDraulius Banned
edited October 2015 in PVKII Discussion
Whenever I restart PVKII I'm automatically set to not download any custom files from servers. You have no idea how damaging this is to the game. Every time I switch a server to a custom map, most if not all the players are gone because they're booted by an error message. Make it so this setting saves when you change it.

And at least have players be able to download maps by default. I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway, I've played this game for hundreds of hours and I've never gotten a virus from a server.

This is probably why I can only find decent games on Island lately. New players aren't able to join custom servers without getting kicked.

Comments

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited 6:53PM
    As Felis has answered this on the discussion board for ya I'll copy and paste it here in case other people were curious about it too:

The exploit fix will be shipped with next update that is near release. To disable the defaulting for now, go to ..\steamapps\common\pirates, vikings and knights ii\pvkii\cfg, edit autoexec.cfg and remove the cvars. ("cl_downloadfilter" etc.)

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli