Remove jumping exploit

2»

Comments

• MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    edited August 2015
    Rate Changers are people who fumble around with the numbers of the game (I really can't remember where or what exactly) to emulate "lag". Basically, they phase behind about half a second on other peoples screens and make themself that way very hard or predict due to hitting people from a meter away, or to hit since you have to stand that distance away from them to land a strike.

Whereas it comes to crouch-jump-attacking, it's not an exploit, but just a way to effectively get extra damage through the velocity damage bonus. I really can't say if I find this problematic or not. On the one hand, you get a damage boost simply by jumping. On the other hand does it only really work on slow classes and even then they only get a boost of like 7-10 damage (I tested around with it quite a bit, if you remember this thread).
  • El NegroEl Negro The Genuinely Only Sane Person Guests
    edited 6:07AM
    MrMoho wrote:

Rate Changers are people who fumble around with the numbers of the game (I really can't remember where or what exactly) to emulate "lag". Basically, they phase behind about half a second on other peoples screens and make themself that way very hard or predict due to hitting people from a meter away, or to hit since you have to stand that distance away from them to land a strike.

Whereas it comes to crouch-jump-attacking, it's not an exploit, but just a way to effectively get extra damage through the velocity damage bonus. I really can't say if I find this problematic or not. On the one hand, you get a damage boost simply by jumping. On the other hand does it only really work on slow classes and even then they only get a boost of like 7-10 damage (I tested around with it quite a bit, if you remember this thread).

Funny, knowing that, is there actually a way to know who's changin' rates and who's not? Because, you know, wankers say that and this...

You're ought to give a try to my...Well, Felis' more like it, "Show Damage" plugin. It should accurately show you about the momentum. I tried it myself, and from what I can see, if the Zweihander gives 80 damage at max, it gives 125 when using momentum, it's actually very impressive. There's no "One hit kill" when fully armoured and healthy

And it's not just for slow classes, but they seem to get the most of it, not too sure why. It's probably just hard to do so with a very fast guy like Skirmisher. Try it with MAA, doing Halberd stabs, you'll see he gets a fair enough momentum, reaching even 105 if I remember right.
    I make mods.
    Your soul cannot be saved.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com
    Or just use this link; https://www.paypal.me/TheSandhog

• MrMohoMrMoho Senior
    edited August 2015
    I believe there is a way to expose Rate Changers, sadly I don't know how, gotta ask somebody else.

And thanks, but no thanks to the second offer. I already heavily tested velocity bonus with every class and really don't want to do more of it. Granted, I only tested the bonus through jumping at an even level (so not down from a cliff) with the Heavy Knight, I believe Huscal, and Skirmisher. I saw that the Heavy Knight got some extra damage, whereas with the Skirmisher simply running and strafing around an opponent without jumping already almost game him his max velocity bonus damage, and jumping plus crouching added next to nothing. Neither class got the maximum velocity bonus damge through that, however. That required an ledge at least 1,5 in height of a class.

And the stuff in the thread got triple checked or more, so I'm positive everything there is correct.
  • edited 6:07AM
    I would generally ignore anything 123 has to say, his input only ever leads to arguments and its something he's been doing ever since he started playing, if you notice he only ever uses that excuse when skilled players kill him.
    edited August 2015
    Jon wrote:

I would generally ignore anything 123 has to say, his input only ever leads to arguments and its something he's been doing ever since he started playing, if you notice he only ever uses that excuse when skilled players kill him.

Yeah, many friends tell me that as well, "Ignore him".

Can't believe there are some 123 lovers though. Just where did this guy come from? He's different from the other whiny "pro" players.
    I make mods.
    Like my mods and think I deserve something? It's always money, you can pay me up on PayPal using this e-mail; TheSandhog@outlook.com

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    There are plugins for the server to check rates of players as well as there are server commands to force certain min/max of rates.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• bonerificbonerific Banned
    El Negro wrote:

Yeah, many friends tell me that as well, "Ignore him".

Can't believe there are some 123 lovers though. Just where did this guy come from? He's different from the other whiny "pro" players.

what the hell are you talking about, 123 is one of the most well-liked members of the community
    penis on the face
  • FinlordFinlord Senior
    bonerific wrote:

what the hell are you talking about, 123 is one of the most well-liked members of the community

Good one.
    bonerific wrote:

Your first days in here and you're already boring. Be original, sucka!

There are plugins for the server to check rates of players as well as there are server commands to force certain min/max of rates.

I remember playing on some CSS server called "Zombie Hideout" in which it had a say command called "!fixrates", apparently it fixes rates. But all that did was just to fix players with a ping less than 10, hah!
    I make mods.

i aint even trolling moron his nick is litterally on everyones lips because you consider him good, and he's not being a douchebag ingame compared to all the other trashbags lying around flaming their asses off at any instance. He'll complain about lag and call people teenagers, i've seen much much worse from other community members!
    penis on the face
    We don't talk to each other that way on this forum, get back on the topic.
  • edited August 2015
    El Negro wrote:

I keep hearing some inanity from that 123 guy about "rates", anybody that kills him means he's a lagger or a rate changer, but some of those "123 killers" I know genuinely don't know what are rates...Or rate.

123 is always accusing me of 'rate changing' and I rarely even kill him. I don't even feel like I'm lagging when he calls it either. I'm not convinced that it is even a real thing and is just a hallucination he is having.
    Jon wrote:

We don't talk to each other that way on this forum, get back on the topic.

ban my ass fagoid!
    penis on the face

123 is always accusing me of 'rate changing' and I rarely even kill him. I don't even feel like I'm lagging when he calls it either. My In game name is 'Jesus Christ of Nazareth' btw. I'm not convinced that it is even a real thing and is just a hallucination he is having.

It's not just you, it's pretty much anyone.

I think the only time I remember him whining "reasonably" was when he was getting overwhelmed by Pirates in an Island server, he was the only Knight attacking. Still, very sure he kept saying "shirley team" and "lag", HAAAA!
    I make mods.

• PossiblexPossiblex Senior
    edited August 2015
    Yea he once ragequitted when all Knights spawnkilled him. Man I'd love to give my money to see it again.
    lol bunch of bullies all of you. ur mums would be ashamed.
    penis on the face
  • 123123 Senior
    edited August 2015
    One thing you can be sure of: I don't ragequit. Ever. I love to complain, and I genuinely think the rateproblem is the biggest challenge that lies ahead. When I've fiddled with the rates, its absolutely astonishing what can be achieved. How the physics engine messes everything up (either you fly away or goes straight up into the air), and the bodyscan/hit-detection. Jesus, its there. Its real. And I hope admins will fridgeing enforce this in the future.

I'm gonna do this again and post it, because it fairly on-point in regards to what I feel about this issue.

You have that backwards. People like MOW who use rate 7500 are the people causing the problems.

Unless you are on dialup internet, in which case you should not be playing games online, yours and everybody elses "rate" should basically be as high as possible. That would be 100000.
    As far as enforcing minimum, 30000 (at least) is reasonable. Any lower is basically Counter-Strike standard from 1998.

Changing cmdrate doesn't actually change your latency, just what it shows in the scoreboard.

NOW, updaterate should be enforced on the server to be exactly the same as the server's tickrate, no more, no less.

For clients: cmdrate should be the same as updaterate to prevent choke, but cmdrate should be lower than your fps to prevent packet loss. So yes, kids on lousy computers are indeed a network liability.

These are not my opinions, that's actually how these things work (simplified to your application)

Kids like you doing stupid bullshirley like that are a problem, not a solution.

I genuinely believe that having the standard rates are the worst. Up your fridgeing game, people. I dont know if the server owners can actually enforce this, so it might be down to the individual player, which is a horrendous prospect. But I'm still gonna fridgeing appeal to you.

Of course I deserve most of the hate I get. I'm a bloody twat and a curl - bring it on. But not for this. No.

Edit; Oh, and in that fridgeing thread as Kongs post you have now-admins advocating for higher rates. Proper rates. And people still believe the standard rates are the fridgeing solution. God damnit.
    ¹²³
    edited August 2015
    123 wrote:
    I dont know if the server owners can actually enforce this, so it might be down to the individual player, which is a horrendous prospect. But I'm still gonna fridgeing appeal to you.

They can, I know that in a shirleyty CSS server. Anyone that had a ping of 1 was not real, so admins told them to use !fixrates, which fixes their rates, not sure how anyway. Apparently those rates were custom, they were made to make sure it makes their game non-laggable for them and the rest. Seems to have worked.

But I don't know if I'm stupid or I don't see it...You're whining like always, right? But where's the solution? Your solution?

Are you actually begging the devs and/or SOs to do something?

EDIT: Just a little personal. I'm sorry (maybe glad?) to say, 123, that you're not a curl or a twat or an asshole. 90% (probably more but no less) of the Rank 50 Chivalry players are WAY worse than you. You just whine like it's your hobby while I insult and taunt like it's my way of life.
    I make mods.

• GlumpahGlumpah Senior
    edited August 2015
    I must admit there are some players I would like to meet in real life, swap PC's and keep the exact settings we both use and see if they notice anything.

Problem is it's hard to raise this as an issue without it looking like an ego attempt to explain failure. I frankly don't care how well I do as long as I'm enjoying it and I can openly say I'm an average player. But I regularly go into servers and find someone sitting on the top of a team with a, presumably, huge KDR score who when I meet them face to face look like a monster out of the old Jason of the Argonauts film.

Essentially it's these people who....just move oddly, their hit detection is off, they skip animations and jumps and hit people well out of model range to the visual eye. Being killed over and over isn't an issue since it's all a learning process but when it's by someone whose movements you can't even follow properly it becomes irritating. You know they did....SOMETHING but you can't get a clear idea of what might be because a lot of it isn't showing up visually. So there is nothing to learn...other than "I'm going to avoid this guy because it's pointless trying to attempt an even-sided fight with him".

I met someone the other day who liked to circle strafe while jumping and go over the top of you and hit your back...at least I think that's what it was. What it actually looked like was one of those slide-racing maps off CSS, (anyone know those? The ones where you have like a trapezoid-style path that runs down the middle of the entire map and you have to race to the end) and when people move in mid-air on those they move in jerks and odd motions...I suppose that's down to the engine.

This was similar but far more exaggerated. I found after a while if I guessed right I could hurt him by stabbing directly above me and magically wounding the air just before I thought he was about to do his..wiggly jump stop-motion attack, I guess that's where he actually was on his screen? But it was just that; a guess. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't, but it wasn't reliable and I learned very little from the encounter, like many other similar encounters. I'm not sure what the exact cause is or a solution, but I find it readily observable and very unentertaining to come across.

*Shrug* I suppose it's just one of those things...put up or shut up.
  • Ukyo KuonjiUkyo Kuonji Captain Main Senior
    Glumpah wrote:

-snip-

It's probably airstrafing. Dunno if it's possible in PVK2, but it's a move in CS so.
    76561198022443233png

• GlumpahGlumpah Senior

It's probably airstrafing. Dunno if it's possible in PVK2, but it's a move in CS so.

Yeah that's what I was describing in my post. Albeit even more jerky.
    123 wrote:

Jesus, its there. Its real.

I have since witnessed someone by the name of 'Bored' who was rate changing. The way he moved around the map looked like a 5 frame per second movie despite his low ping and he even admitted that he was using an exploit.