Is Skirmisher going to be fixed?

SoloableSoloable Senior
edited November 2013 in Bugs/Support
I've known for sure, almost when the player is standing still at times that my pistol does NOT hit.

Yet it misses. Its very frustrating to play Skirmisher when you have to hit enemies with like, the side of the crosshair. I'm sure this is broken in some way, as my, and my opponents ping has been fine, and yet I still miss when the pistol should be hitting.

Anyone else notice this?

Also something to ask: Was the Berserker buffed recently? I've seen a lot more people playing him that usual.

Comments

• SpirrwellSpirrwell That Guy Members
    edited November 2013
    Okay, first off, the title is misleading, and second of all, the flintlock is fine. I can hit almost every time. Aim the crosshair in the middle of the person, a little bit to the right or left depending on the angle you're at in relation to them, aim ever so slightly down, and fire. I can make a video of me running around a bot shooting it with a flintlock if you like.

Also:

Class & Weapon Balance Changes

Pirate Captain
    - Decreased cutlass start attack speed

Viking Gestir
    - Spear range increased slightly

Viking Berserker
    - Armor increased
    - Bigaxe damage increased slightly
    - Increased movement speed slightly
    - Increased damage needed for special slightly
    - Increased bigaxe range slightly
    - Bigaxe's Start Attack Speed increased slightly
    - Sword/axe damage decreased

Viking Huscarl
    - Decreased twoaxe range
    5GY1DFV.png

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░██
    ░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░█████░░░███
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░█████░░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░███████████░░████
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░░░█████████████████████████████████░░░░░░██
    ░░░░░██████████████████████████████████░░░░░░███
    ░░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░░████
    ░░░░████████████████████████████████████░░░░░████░░
    ░░░░███████████████████████████████████░░░░█████░░░
    ░░░░█████░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░██████░░░░
    ░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████████░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░███░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png
    MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K OC'd @ 3.7 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
    RAM: Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

• Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    edited 7:39PM
    That would be a good video! Help teach some strategy!
    “I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall
  • Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    It could be that you are lagging more than normally. Maybe you have set some rates recently that causes the hit registration to be more poor.

Berserker is buffed yes but his axe still has a really poor hit registration. It's quite difficult to describe what exactly is the problem but it's much more common with the berserker's axe than any other weapon. This was already present since 2.3 though so i don't expect it to change.
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • SoloableSoloable Senior
    edited November 2013

Okay, first off, the title is misleading, and second of all, the flintlock is fine. I can hit almost every time. Aim the crosshair in the middle of the person, a little bit to the right or left depending on the angle you're at in relation to them, aim ever so slightly down, and fire. I can make a video of me running around a bot shooting it with a flintlock if you like.

Also:

"The title is misleading"
    How? The Skirmishers gun is broken. If I remember there was no Tooltip claiming that you had to "Aim down, and lean to the left or right to get perfect accuracy with the skirmishers pistol". I'd like the DEV's to explain the Crossair of the Pistol, and how it works.

"The flintlock is fine"
    so when I'm aiming at someone standing completely still, and somehow miss, is considered fine? They may be fine for YOU but they aren't for ME.

"Almost everytime"
    What do you mean "Almost"? As in, you miss when it should be hitting them, just like I said?

"Aim the crosshair in the middle of the person"
    Which I do, in which, it doesn't hit them, there's been times where I've said "I should of recorded that" to show that it was a broken.

"Bit to the right or left depending on the angle you're at in relation to them"
    Wait, what? As in, the gun is clearly broken. Since having to angle yourself just to hit someone seems odd, to say the least. Since when do you have to angle yourself, aim alittle lower, and shoot, just to hit someone? Maybe I could be wrong, but I just thought you waited until the enemy was inside the crossair, and then shoot, which ultimately misses, a lot. If this is what you said, then it should be explained.

"I can make a video of me running around a bot shooting it with a flintlock if you like."
    I'm not sure if I'm the only person having the problem, however its clearly broken, I could also make a video of me, missing, in a few games with a person standing still. But that won't help.
    edited November 2013
    Soloable wrote:

"The title is misleading"
    How? The Skirmishers gun is broken. If I remember there was no Tooltip claiming that you had to "Aim down, and lean to the left or right to get perfect accuracy with the skirmishers pistol". I'd like the DEV's to explain the Crossair of the Pistol, and how it works.

"The flintlock is fine"
    so when I'm aiming at someone standing completely still, and somehow miss, is considered fine? They may be fine for YOU but they aren't for ME.

"Almost everytime"
    What do you mean "Almost"? As in, you miss when it should be hitting them, just like I said?

"Aim the crosshair in the middle of the person"
    Which I do, in which, it doesn't hit them, there's been times where I've said "I should of recorded that" to show that it was a broken.

"Bit to the right or left depending on the angle you're at in relation to them"
    Wait, what? As in, the gun is clearly broken. Since having to angle yourself just to hit someone seems odd, to say the least. Since when do you have to angle yourself, aim alittle lower, and shoot, just to hit someone? Maybe I could be wrong, but I just thought you waited until the enemy was inside the crossair, and then shoot, which ultimately misses, a lot. If this is what you said, then it should be explained.

"I can make a video of me running around a bot shooting it with a flintlock if you like."
    I'm not sure if I'm the only person having the problem, however its clearly broken, I could also make a video of me, missing, in a few games with a person standing still. But that won't help.

The title is misleading because you said that the Skirmisher is broken, not the flintlock. (In the title ;) ) Oh I'm sorry, you said "Is Skirmisher going to be fixed" not that it was broken, but still, misleading.

And when I say almost every time, I mean that I occasionally miss and I blame it on me, not the game. The pistol has a bit of recoil to it, the flintlocks probably shouldn't even be as accurate as they are, and from what I understand it's a hitscan weapon. Also here's something I do that usually helps me aim better, crouch and shoot. I find it easier to aim up towards the body than down towards the groin by crouching.

Now if you want to see a bug, get a person right next to a wall, stand right up to their face, and shoot them in the head with a crossbow. Want to know what happens? Goes right through! Never had a problem with the flintlock.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

The title is misleading because you said that the Skirmisher is broken, not the flintlock. (In the title ;) ) Oh I'm sorry, you said "Is Skirmisher going to be fixed" not that it was broken, but still, misleading.

And when I say almost every time, I mean that I occasionally miss and I blame it on me, not the game. The pistol has a bit of recoil to it, the flintlocks probably shouldn't even be as accurate as they are, and from what I understand it's a hitscan weapon. Also here's something I do that usually helps me aim better, crouch and shoot. I find it easier to aim up towards the body than down towards the groin by crouching.

Now if you want to see a bug, get a person right next to a wall, stand right up to their face, and shoot them in the head with a crossbow. Want to know what happens? Goes right through! Never had a problem with the flintlock.

But I do blame it on myself, but sometimes I'm almost 99.9% sure, that I have hit them, and this happens a lot. Thanks for the tip though, I'll try it.
    Oh and, you shouldn't worry about what titles I use, even if it is a little vague, and misleading in some way, its not affecting you in any way, leave that to the mods of the forum.
    edited December 2013
    I don't mean to backseat moderate, as a matter of fact, I wasn't. I was simply pointing that out. When I clicked on the thread my immediate thought was "oh wonderful another thread about a class being OP," as I'm sure others thought so too.

Anyway, best of luck! I don't find the flintlock buggy.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

edited December 2013

I don't mean to backseat moderate, as a matter of fact, I wasn't. I was simply pointing that out. When I clicked on the thread my immediate thought was "oh wonderful another thread about a class being OP," as I'm sure others thought so too.

Anyway, best of luck! I don't find the flintlock buggy.

So because you think that, my title is misleading? Wut? You make no sense. If your immediate thought to a thread that is complaining about a class is that its just someone complaining about it being op. Then is it not at all misleading. Its only misleading to you.

I was going to let this thread die, however. I was on the other thread "Balance Update", and saw another complaining about the flintlock, it clearly does have a problem with it. Considering 3 people have had the exact same problem with it. Its the spread of the weapon, that is what makes no sense.

bERt0r wrote:

I do agree that the flintlock is acting strange sometimes. At the very least, the crosshair-circle does not seem to represent the spread where the shot can land. Strangely I feel to hit flintlock shots a lot easier with high ping (>150). I also feel it is harder to hit when standing still compared to just stopping quickly for the shot (shooting while slowing down).
    Imho skirmisher is the strongest class in the game anyway so I don't want balance changes here. Dinahs however may get frustrated by this. On the other hand, these dinahs overuse the flintlock anyway and never swing their cutlass, I fear for PVK if you make it easier to use (kite heaven). I would like to know if the crosshair is actually representing of the flintlocks possible spread or not and if a more representing crosshair would be possible.

So no, my title is not misleading, asking "Is the Skirmisher going to be fixed" is just vague way of saying "Is there Skirmishers Flintlock going to be fixed?" Which is relevant to the Bugs Forum & Support Forum.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited December 2013
    The title is misleading because when I first saw it it made it sound like it was some kind known bug that exists (the parrying and animation) or if there was some intense exaggeration like you suddenly feel you are slower or you can't charge your weapon anymore etc based on who knows what factors (server, ping, pc, etc).

I see no issue with Skirmisher flintlock. The better players always seem to be able to land it relatively well.
    Skirmisher isn't Sharpshooter

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

The title is misleading because when I first saw it it made it sound like it was some kind known bug that exists (the parrying and animation) or if there was some intense exaggeration like you suddenly feel you are slower or you can't charge your weapon anymore etc based on who knows what factors (server, ping, pc, etc).

I see no issue with Skirmisher flintlock. The better players always seem to be able to land it relatively well.
    Skirmisher isn't Sharpshooter

who knows, maybe me and some other guy are not hitting people that are standing still for no reason.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    I've missed countless times with the skirm pistol myself, despite being very close. I've just grown used to the fact that unless you're almost within melee range, the pistol is going to be just a matter of luck.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

edited December 2013
    Soloable wrote:

who knows, maybe me and some other guy are not hitting people that are standing still for no reason.

Well there is something that applies to ALL weapons, where a hit doesn't register due to lag. To you somebody may be directly in front of you, however to them they may be a bit to the right, left, or whatever. There's all sorts of commands and whatnot to compensate for lag, and there's the server tick rate and etc. I don't know what the best settings are, but it's both the server and client that need proper settings. And yes I know you were saying your opponent's ping was fine and whatnot, doesn't matter.

Also, I can land a flintlock from probably 20 feet away, I've done it from farther, but that's REALLY pushing it. It's true luck there.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

• Ragnarr LoRagnarr Lo Senior
    The key to using the flintlock pistol in this game is that when you fire it make sure you are not running around and shooting it at the same time. Instead stay stationary for a split second duck then shoot, not sure if ducking is really necessary i feel like it gives me a little more accuracy but staying stationary for a second when firing it is definitely a must, hope that helps a bit.

Your can fire the ss pistol while running around though i noticed, which is fair because hes slow as a HK.
    ubaj.jpg
    No he's not as slow as the HK, he's as fast as the archer.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

• Ragnarr LoRagnarr Lo Senior
    edited December 2013
    I tried to race an archer in a straight line and he beat me im like 99.99 percent sure he has the same speed as HK, Hell sometimes even the Hk's can catch up really gotta watch your back with ss
    ubaj.jpg
  • simiussimius Senior
    Archer, SS, Gestir got a speed of 210 - Captain, HK got 190. You can still catch up if you run shorter paths.
    Regarding the pistol; I guess it's not guaranteed that you always hit within the crosshair. It's not very accurate but still stong in it's boundaries.
    Actually currently the Captain has a speed of 200, the HK has a speed of 190.
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

• simiussimius Senior
    Oh wow, no reason to complain about the "nerf" then.
    edited December 2013
    simius wrote:

Oh wow, no reason to complain about the "nerf" then.

Actually he used to be at a speed of 210 in 2.4. And I wouldn't simply call it complaining. However, I suppose this it not the point of this topic, carry on!
    5GY1DFV.png

yP71cHI.gif

Xxkr2il.jpg
    56JtqQq.jpg
    kJFRh1a.png

• simiussimius Senior
    Ye well, he wasn't hitting as hard in 2.4 either though. (And I assume he wasn't as beefy meaning he didn't have as much hp) I have seen some simple complaining in other sub forums about his (barely noticable) attack speed reduction but didn't read anything about the speed boost. But you're right; that's another subject.