Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
tt.png

http://www.chivalryt...eadliestWarrior

There of course shall be a Pirate, Viking and Knight characters, they are classic warriors.

I haaaaate the show, its so full of crap. On the other hand the concept of multiple warriors from different eras facing off against each other in a video game, using assets from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare sounds like a match made in Valhalla! Bring it on!

Depending on how the game releases, we could we have a community event! People from the community here host up a server and play as all three classics, the Viking, Pirate and Knight! It would be great! The game will be releasing cheap at a price of 15 dollars and with the spontaneity of sales, even cheaper.
“I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall

Comments

• UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited 11:46AM
    While I own and play and like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare a lot, I must urge people to caution when they buy the expansion. I will certainly wait for the reviews, because Torn Banner have shown a tendency of adding increasingly frustrating bugs to the game, to the point where it hampers the functionality of the game itself.
    At one point not too long ago they introduced a bug that would prevent players from joining over half the servers there were. Luckily they seem to have fixed it by now, but I expect them to release Deadliest Warrior in a semi-broken state where it's too bug plagued to work. But that's just me speculating, I very much hope it won't be bug infested at all!

It will be quite interesting to see how they do the whole Viking/Pirate thing and whether they make the Samurai the one and only "true warrior", just as many people seem to believe.
  • SoloableSoloable Senior
    edited September 2013
    I'm pretty excited to play as the Samurai, TotalBiscuit was able to play it and showed some footage of its Gameplay, looks promising :icon_knight3:

Also, I enjoyed the show while it lasted, even though as you said, it was full of crap.

If I remember there was a Game on Xbox called Deadliest Warrior, it'd be interesting to see what they can make with the various choices they have

TB's video
  • lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    Definitely getting this! :o
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • DinahDinah Skirmisher's wench PVKII Team
    I really hope they have swashbuckling pirates.
    LOLIWDIT_zpsec1f606c.jpeg
    Agsma is me from the future
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    edited September 2013
    UPDATE: http://www.pcgamer.c...ings-and-ninja/

So the warriors are: Samurai, Spartan, Ninja, Pirate, Viking and Knight
  • Pache94Pache94 Donald Thumb Beta Tester
    Now i am SOLD to buy Chivalry (during the winter sale) just to play this now.
    king_k__rool_by_biel12-d3f0vny.gif
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Looks like ass.
    edited September 2013
    Dr.Cleric wrote:

UPDATE: http://www.pcgamer.c...ings-and-ninja/

So the warriors are: Samurai, Spartan, Ninja, Pirate, Viking and Knight

Omg! Amg! Omg! Awesome! I will make sure to honour my Viking ancestors through this game :icon_viking2:
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior

Looks like ass.

nou
  • mrmongmrmong Senior
    The viking can work himself into a berserker frenzy, with his weapon combo strikes getting faster and faster the longer the combo is maintained.'
    lol looks fun tho
    UPDATE

http://youtu.be/O4nghHXhaMk

YOU ARE NO MAN!
  • SoloableSoloable Senior
    It'd be funny if the Makers of PVK were actually doing a collaberation with Torn Banner to make Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior, and it was actually an updated version of PVK, too bad they are just dreams :icon_stabhead:
  • Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    That'd suck on UDK :P
    j7rk8n.jpg
    This expansion is so bought and paid for! Can hardly wait :icon_viking2:
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    They're putting pirates vikings and knights in? Wow, what a rip off.
    I bought the game! Its in beta, so its quite finicky and the customization is still being worked on, but I did my best to recreate the pvkii team!

First off, the Pirate Captain!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188372952

Here is the Heavy Knight
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188373035

And Viking Huscarl
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188373160

And as a bonus here is "Toshiro Kago" from "Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta".
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188375870
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Toshiro_Kago
  • Cap1Cap1 Land Lubber! Banned
    Original models, kudos to them.
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    edited October 2013
    They took a risk moving to UDK, and now they are successful. I wonder. Were they directed to make these characters by the brass, or were a small of group of successful people inspired by past events. Successful people feel free to pseudo 'use' other things to continue to create. For a more obvious example think Black Ops 2 Origins vs. Francscio Fruiz. I'm not accusing Banner of stealing the idea, but it seems such a fortunate accident.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior

Looks like ass.

I bet it plays like ass too.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    I'd rather be a chartered accountant than to play a game so dull.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
  • ThatOneBoxThatOneBox Senior
    im not sure how many of you have actually played it, but it is alot of fun.
    Yea it's pretty fun! All the warriors play differently and when a team is made up of just one warrior the strategies vary wildly.

It looks fine in-game, plays well but it's voice acting is pretty sketchy.
  • DIFTOWDIFTOW Senior
    jRocket wrote:

They're putting pirates vikings and knights in? Wow, what a rip off.

Knights are not an addition. They are the base game.

What they are actually adding is:
    • Spartans
    • Samurais
    • Vikings
    • Pirates
    • Ninjas

So only 40% of the additions are historical people shared by both games.

Pirates for instance is either a historic type of people, or a fictional portrayl owed to old literature (Treasure Island 1883) and cinema (The Black Pirate, Captain Blood, etc)
    History and previous minds long dead own everything.

The game mechanics are completely different from PVKII as well.
    The only game I know that PVKII shares very similar mechanics with is Mount and Blade (Beta released in 2004) - PVKII 1.0 was released Jan 1st, 2007.

But even if there was some 'inspiration' from PVKII for Chivalry, it's not like PVKII hasn't been inspired itself.

It is afterall a sequel to PVK1, with the ownership of that IP belonging to:
    • Matt "Monkey Boy" Bishop
    • Kris "Duncan" Hauser
    • Garrett "NECK" Moore.

The sequel was not created nor endorsed by these three; especially Matt who was pretty bitter about both PVKII and Valve (he hated Steam apparently)

Having the reaction that it's a rip off is a normal human reaction, but it's not correct or true. And without some copying, PVKII wouldn't exist today, let alone most games. But I don't think the level of copying from PVKII to Chivalry is even remotely significant.

When I did my Jurassic Park mod, other JP mods started to spring up because mine was creating a renewed interest in a 20 year old film, and my first gut feeling was that it was "copying" my idea, even though Jurassic Park wasn't even my idea to begin with; clearly I was wrong to feel bitter, but that was years ago, I know better now.

I for one welcome this game, even if it is sh1t. It's a nice break from all the instant kill shooters.
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited December 2013
    This guy made the game somehow better (too bad he isn't an announcer in it) at least in terms of watching it. May have to put some of these quotes as sound clips on SBP haha
    2:02 2:50 4:04 4:12 4:23 5:34 5:39 5:45 6:05 6:33 6:46 6:55

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Supra Mayro Krat! Holy cactus titties.

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer