Mapping help..

SharpiemanSharpieman Senior
edited 5:43PM in Community Maps
Im trying to make a map but i want it to be a sorta duel map, is there a way to make this happen? 1v1v1 / 2v2v2 / 1v1 / 2v2/ situation where random players get pulled from spectator to duel?

Comments

• OktoberOktober The Italian Connection Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 5:43PM
    Don't take my word for certain, but you'd probably need a custom gamemode to pull that off (see MGEmod for TF2).
    76561197996706951.png
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    It's not possible to pick actual spectators and spawn them in the map, but it is possible to create a system in Hammer where 2 players (or any number you like, all the situations you described above are possible) are picked from a spectating area and put in the arena. As soon as one of them dies, a new player can be picked and teleported to fight the survivor.

I just created and tested this system, and it seems to work fine, though with bots it always picks them in alphabetical order; not sure if this would be the same with players.

Tell you what, why don't you create some preliminary brushwork for an arena with 3 spectating areas, I'll implement the dueling system, and we can test it.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • SharpiemanSharpieman Senior
    Perfect! Thank you mate ill work on the brushs and basic layout and send the vmf to you.
    Anyone have a good mapping tutorial? Ive been using hammer and somethings just are not making sense to me yet. Any leads would be GREAT.
  • UberMannUberMann Level Designer PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    What are the things you need help with? It's always a good idea to check out Interlopers.net and the valve developer community.
    Interlopers is perfect its a treasure trove of info! Thank you!