Buccaneer primary weapon idea

Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
edited November 2012 in Suggestions
I thought about posting this in the topic that Saint Archer made but that has veered way off topic so here it is!
40101-wooden-brown-boat-oar-boat-house-sign-39-inch.jpg
(please forgive me I couldn't find a better image)

An oar! Now the oar wouldn't have boat house written on it but it would be a good two handed weapon, gripping on to the handle and hitting people with the paddle end.
Oh and another idea maybe have his special be that he drinks a jug of rum! It could go like this, Press the special key (takes it out pops open lid) then release the special key (he downs the jug *burps* drops it) Maybe it would regenerate a bit of health and make him more resistant to damage I don't know. Anyway those are my ideas!

p.s. I apologize if I have made any mistakes I am still new to the forum gig
“I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.” -Rik Mayall

Comments

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited November 2012
    not sure about the others but a long reinforced oar would be a sick blunt weapon to use

possibly could be wrapped in chains or rope liek the fist ideas me and yush threw back and forth

the reason i believe a blunt weapon tank or a blunt weapon berzerker like class

is that would be great new game play to have fun with

smacking / cracking people upside the head with a oar,club,staff can be quite a crowd pleaser

would be great competition for the halbred wielding MAA
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    edited 1:16AM
    Not a bad idea at all, a creative blunt weapon. If I were in charge I'd definetly consider this.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• OcelotOcelot Senior
    ^^^^

yah i was mulling it over it would be nice if it had some sort of edge like it would be either a fast light dmg blunt pole arm

or imo the better option

a slow but heavy hitting bat like thing say he has no shield so he has no real defense and instinctively the blunt weapon would do less dmg against higher armored foes but to make up for the lack of a shielded defense he could while parrying / blocking with the oar be able to do a oar bash like a shield bash doing a light knock back and stunning just like the shield bash

would be quite fun
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    Thanks for the feedback lads! I got the idea from this:Orasman.png
  • yushyush Senior
    edited December 2012
    Pro oar wielder :D

I am into it totally!

Also maybe hitting with it underwater would boost the swimming speed? Backwards ofc :F

You should post it on saint archer's ;)
  • Dr.ClericDr.Cleric Senior
    yush wrote:

Pro oar wielder :D

I am into it totally!

Also maybe hitting with it underwater would boost the swimming speed? Backwards ofc :F

You should post it on saint archer's ;)

Well I was going to but when the topic changed to whether two certain individuals actually existed I just threw up my hands and posted a new topic. :icon_yay:
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    Dr.Cleric wrote:

Well I was going to but when the topic changed to whether two certain individuals actually existed I just threw up my hands and posted a new topic. :icon_yay:

It's a conspiracy maaaaaaan.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • yushyush Senior
    Is it? I am outta here then.

73050822af2db57.gif