Where are the materials?

schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
edited 8:29AM in Community Maps
Hey guys, maybe one of you can help me out here... I tried to set up hammer, the way it is described on this forum, but when I load my pre _2.5 pvk maps (all of them are), all of the custom textures and models are missing. Hammer only shows the vanilla half life 2 textures and models. Am I missing out something?

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

Comments

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited 8:29AM
    Sounds like you have not set up your config correctly. Could you post yours here in code tags?
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    "Configs"
    {
    "Games"
    {
    "PVK2"
    {
    "GameDir" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii"
    "hammer"
    {
    "GameData0" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii\pvkbase.fgd"
    "GameData1" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii\pvkii.fgd"
    "TextureFormat" "5"
    "MapFormat" "4"
    "DefaultTextureScale" "0.250000"
    "DefaultLightmapScale" "16"
    "GameExe" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemailpirates, vikings, and knights ii\hl2.exe"
    "DefaultSolidEntity" "func_detail"
    "DefaultPointEntity" "info_player_start"
    "BSP" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp.exe"
    "Vis" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vvis.exe"
    "Light" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vrad.exe"
    "GameExeDir" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\"
    "MapDir" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii\mapsrc"
    "BSPDir" "f:\spiele\steam\steamapps\myemail\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii\maps"
    "CordonTexture" "tools oolsskybox"
    "MaterialExcludeCount" "0"
    }

I only change my email adress, rest is as is. I use 2007 version of sdk. It all worked the last time i used it (before 2.5), which was quite a while ago

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.

• Major ChulainMajor Chulain Senior
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, seems like you're missing something.
    I'm not really familiar with setting up a configuration with codes but maybe the way I set up my configurations could help you out and it's much much easier in my opinion because it automaticly sets up the configuration for you. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes :

Launch SourceSDK and select 2007 and click on 'Edit Game Configurations'
    Then click on Add and fill in pvkii or whatever you feel like, make the directory steamapps/username/pirates vikings and knights II/pvkii. Make sure to click on OK after you filled them both in.
    Re-launch SourceSDK and open up the configuration that you just created and you should be ready to go. It's most likely that some problems will occur so you'll have to make sure nothing is filled blank by going to tools/options and check for some missing pages that didnt get fill in at both the Game Configuration and Build Programs tab. You'll have to select one of the two .fgd files that can be found in the pvkii directory if any problems occur such as missing models or not being able to compile, delete the current one and then when you restart SourceSDK I think it should be working :icon_pirate2:
    One of those .fgd files doesn't work I believe so you'll just have to test it out a little or you just put them both in and that might work also.

Game executable folder and hl2.exe will be set under source sdk base 2007 and can remain there as far as i know.

Greets,
    j7rk8n.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have set up for hammer for literally hundreds of times, so I am quite familiar with the whole process. I used both the code setup and the tools/options setup, but neither work. Somehow, Hammer does not "find" any of the pvkii materials.

That's odd indeed ;(
    j7rk8n.jpg
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Your config looks fine, don't really know what is wrong then.
    Maybe verifying your game files?
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    edited October 2012
    I reinstalled PVK II, i reinstalled the SDK, I copied over various versions of the gameconfig.txt in various sdk versions (2007, 2009) etc..., nothing! In Hammer, I can't browse or see pvk textures or pvk models. This really annoys the crap out of me.

Well I wouldn't mind helping you out sometime with Teamviewer, I know it can't be a silly mistake but sometimes it's better having 4 eyes look at a problem than only two ;)

http://steamcommunit...d/MajorChulain/
    j7rk8n.jpg
    Thanks for that offer, I'll add you... hopefully it does come down to a silly mistake. Easy to fix.

• DominicDominic Senior
    Did you ever fix this issue? I'm just wondering because I just set up pvk2 for source 2007 and I can't see any models or materials.
  • Scurvy BobScurvy Bob senior
    having the same problem.
    any suggestions?
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    mhmm no idea either, did 2.5 maybe fridgeed things up?

slugsig.jpg

Tschoppo wrote:

mhmm no idea either, did 2.5 maybe fridgeed things up?

I believe so, my guess is that in some config a path or definition is not correct.

Maybe this start up screen of hammer reveals the problem:

[attachment=1263:prob.png]
    prob.png 485.8K

• DominicDominic Senior
    I found a temporary workaround for this issue
    here is an instructional video for anyone who wants to fix their problem

http://www.screenr.com/cI77
    Hey there,

good work Dominic. this workaround surly is helpful, I will use that soon. Anyhow, I think the team should look into the problem and maybe apply a hotfix.

• DominicDominic Senior
    edited November 2012
    H4nnibal wrote:

Hey there,

good work Dominic. this workaround surly is helpful, I will use that soon. Anyhow, I think the team should look into the problem and maybe apply a hotfix.

It's no problem at all, I do agree with an actual fix, but until then, hopefully this workaround works well!
  • -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    Maps are not compiling correctly. Missing $detailtypes and certain sounds aren't playing, even stock HL2 sounds. Is this problem being addressed?
    image-1.gif