bt_BaseDefense Beta/Idea, No Release Thread

GenWatsonHVGenWatsonHV Senior
edited July 2012 in Community Maps
Hi everyone. I'm back with yet another Idea for a map that I might make, this is definitly more possible than my other map ideas.

It's hard to explain a map without actually having something to show, so you might need to use your imagination.

Every team starts with a castle like base. Everyone's base will start with one chest, which you will need to protect.

You have 3 options. For an example, act like you're on team Knights.

1. Go and try attacking the Pirates base, steal their chest and go back to your base.
2. Go and try attacking the Vikings base, steal their chest and go back to your base.
3. Go and try defending your base.

To defend your base:
Go out of your castle and onto your bridge, or the entrance platform. When enemy's try to attack your base, they will teleport to your entrance platform. If you are defending when an enemy attacks, your castle's gates will lower, forcing the enemy to attack you, if all enemies die from attacking on your platform or bridge, the gates will rise, if all the knights die and there are no more knights defending, the gates will rise for the enemy. The knights can go through their gates, to either retreat or add reinforcements for defending.

To attack a team:
Go to one of the two attack platforms in your base. On this platform there will be a button to push when ready to "Travel". When you push the button, the platform will seal, making it impossible for anyone to enter or leave, and the platform will go in travel mode for 5 seconds. When the platform goes in travel mode, it will check to see if the team your traveling to is also traveling to your base. If they are traveling to your base when you are traveling to their base, the platform will go into conflict mode, and a battle will commence with the two teams that are in travel mode. So for example, if you, a knight, and two more knights try to travel to the Pirates base, and if they have two pirates also trying to travel to your base, you and your two knight friends will be teleported to a battle zone, where the two pirates will be teleported to as well. When you are on this arena, you can either retreat back to your base's entrance platform, kill the two pirates, or run past them and go to their base's entrance platform. If you kill them, your health will fully replenish as well as your armor, and you will teleport to the pirates entrance platform.

pvk2.jpg

So please ask me questions if you have any. If you feel like you can help, offer to! I would like some ideas or suggestions if you have any, or since I suck at eye candy you could offer to help me with this map.

Comments

• GenWatsonHVGenWatsonHV Senior
    edited 6:23AM
    Or I can just make this map idea a lot simpler. but it wouldnt be as cool. Idk. I'm tired. and I couldn't log in to my regular account for some reason... :(
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    lol its GenWatsonHIV

sounds like it would be total confusion but as long you can fight..

slugsig.jpg

• NibletteNiblette Senior
    :icon_bushblink:

........too complicated for me......
    Remember, i'll be watching you
  • DinahDinah Skirmisher's wench PVKII Team
    so what if the knights attack the pirates and the vikings at the same time. And vikings and pirates attack knights, will they all be teleported to the arena zone?

I think this map might be fun if people actuality understand it
    LOLIWDIT_zpsec1f606c.jpeg
    Agsma is me from the future
  • GenWatsonHVGenWatsonHV Senior
    edited July 2012
    Dinah wrote:

so what if the knights attack the pirates and the vikings at the same time. And vikings and pirates attack knights, will they all be teleported to the arena zone?

I think this map might be fun if people actuality understand it

For this idea, there will be three Arena zones. One for Pirate/Knight conflict, one for Pirate/Viking conflict, and one for Viking/Knight conflict.

Here's a picture to answer your question.
    arenag.jpg
  • Gen.WatsonHVGen.WatsonHV Senior
    Yay, got my account back up and working, thanks to CrazyTalk!
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Yeeeeeaa!

Co-Lead | Level Designer

• Gen.WatsonHVGen.WatsonHV Senior

Yeeeeeaa!

Yeeeeeaa! as in you like this map idea?
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    Naw you're back guy!

Co-Lead | Level Designer