Manual block

Comments

• KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited March 2012
    apache wrote:

You would know this if you didn't just only play on SBP. Btw, I heard you're a fine admin there aswell,

I've played on other servers prior to SBP when I started but I liked SBP and its popular so why go elsewhere now? Oh yeah the other main custom server is lighthouse, an EU server.

You may want to finish the rest of that thread regarding his judgment instead of nitpicking the op.

The map was changed to float because most people had left the server minus 3-4 vikings and 1 knight. Float is usually chosen to repopulate the server.

You were temp banned for four hours for the same reason you were for three hours yesterday: avoiding much rank loss through suicides (without any other player causing it) and using kill command for the same purpose yesterday (I had told you to cease those actions but you continued then left when I said you were taking a small timeout). It was listed why when you got temp banned, although I did make a slight grammar error, it should still inform you.

I never blocked you on steam, I just chose to not take your friend request.

Theres more but thats derailing the thread, I suggest educating yourself on the thread regarding it.

Also, again, I am again sorry your manual parry servers aren't as popular as the island servers. Instead of forcing other servers to follow your ways, make an island server with manual parry. If it is "still" not popular (its island, come on) then lol :| I have nothing more to say...

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• DMXDMX Senior
    edited March 2012
    Lets make it clear that I'm speaking for more than just myself when it comes to auto parrying. I knew mentioning that quote would make you angry, uneducated or what.(ugh, this will make you even more angry, now you have to reply) I don't own any servers and also do not plan on having one but it's clear atleast some people support the idea of bringing back manual parry.

- Apache
    joker_by_tortillaturtle-d50i9ir.png
  • ExedolExedol Senior
    edited 5:30PM
    Why are we talking about what is popular? This game sure is unpopular as fridge. Majority of people out there dont even fridgeing realize if autoparry is turned off XD
    This game used to be much more high skilled.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    No, it didn't. If you remember the old PVK stats, literally any player with more than a week in game had a 10+ KDR. How is that more skilled? More wank, more like.
  • DMXDMX Senior
    edited March 2012
    Giving out invalid data isn't going to help any side.
    Sorry, let me correct that to "any player not akin to a drooling baboon." Now you won't feel left out, and can calm down.
  • ExedolExedol Senior
    Well, I'm sorry for you guys who can't see the challenge of the old system. Challenge of manual parrying is far greater than autoparrying and you people seem to think otherwise. You guys probably want to reduce pvk into something generic, easy and relaxing so dinahs can really enjoy the game..
    With these clumsy hitboxes, netcode.. whatever. The deciding factor in the combat of two really good players is their lag. I seen it during 'duels' a lot, people starting to talk about having too much reach.
  • DMXDMX Senior
    edited March 2012

Sorry, let me correct that to "any player not akin to a drooling baboon." Now you won't feel left out, and can calm down.

I'm assuming you dont have any edvidence whatsoever?

Trust your word . . . seems hard on this one fella!
  • eggzoreggzor Senior
    edited March 2012
    the game has been taking worse and worse turns since 1.1.
    this aint news.
    edited March 2012

Yet people still play including you (and me) because you enjoy the game and know updates will come

Hyperboling isn't cool anymore :|

/thread

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• The Old FoxThe Old Fox Senior
    illbedamned.jpg
  • ExedolExedol Senior

snapback.pngKOKORONOKAWARI, on 25 March 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

Yet people still play including you (and me) because you enjoy the game and know updates will come

Hyperboling isn't cool anymore :|

/thread

No, I don't. I don't play the game anymore.
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    Is it agreeable to say that regardless of auto or manual, still no one really likes being parried? I'm sure even though it would be forced manual, being parried still causes some anger to whomever is the victim who was punished for not attacking with a fully charged swing. :D
    Ontop of that, there'd still be players who'd still master the manual blocking to the point that it would undoubtley be just as frustrating to face these players even if it was on auto.

Personally; I don't believe parrying playes any big role in pvk II anymore beacuse, as mentioned before, people more or less outdodge and outmanouver their opponents and most of the times only go for parries when they need to back out of a sticky situation.

Just noting that I myself wouldn't mind to be forced manual or keep the auto since I try to adapt to my situations to my best abilities. So I'm just kinda neutral on a personal level. :P

I however do agree upon the theory that automatic block gives the beginners a better chance, having one less thing to worry about and all. That's more or less why I stand by auto at these times.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

illbedamned.jpg

Love it

Title: The Lolicon

Make it happen devs!

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

Denshin wrote:

KOKORONOKAWASHERE - Play pvk 2300 hours

Title: The Lolicon

Koko you can't have two imaginary achievements with the same title

signatureopaquesmall.png

Denshin wrote:

Koko you can't have two imaginary achievements with the same title

"The Magical Girl" then!

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

Annnnd we're already back to disagreeing.
    Right, enough derailing!

signatureopaquesmall.png

You can't tell us what to do! You're not our dad! We'll fridgein rap battle all day if we wanna old man!

tumblr_l8n13jlLzx1qb7evco1_500.gif
  • DMXDMX Senior
    fack you bish
  • shayologoshayologo Senior
    I complain only one thing about auto parry : Spam blocker

anyone is able to become a spam blocker, and you need 5 mn for kill him
    I think dommage received by a fully charge attack and a wrong block direction way must be stronger

And i don't like the idea of counter attack. sometime with your ping you make a fully charged attack and you finish PP and lost 50% of your life vs HK or zerker
  • Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior

You can't tell us what to do! You're not our dad! We'll fridgein rap battle all day if we wanna old man!

tumblr_l8n13jlLzx1qb7evco1_500.gif

hahaha i just lol'ed so hard
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • DMXDMX Senior
    Creatures of the jungle, unite!
  • ExedolExedol Senior
    edited March 2012
    Yes, current pvkii is indeed very hard... Please don't just make me laugh as if this autoparry made it easier for the dinahs.. and gestir is just too damn overpowered. I made the server dead once and it seems quite easy? lol.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596957222608079251/55CFC9D9D8E9AC269186329FB756D554A58BEF1C/
    Once? I empty every server I play on, lol

And you just said you don't play pvkii, make up your mind.
    edited March 2012
    He played for an hour

If teams are balanced I tend to sit in spec. Only when its really disadvantageous (or gungame/weapons master) I will join a side. Not to sound self-conceited but I do scare away newer players, the reason I sit in spec lately. Rather they stick around and learn fighting each other to gain knowledge and experience (prolly with some advice by me where needed).

Also, auto parry didn't make the game harder. If you mean harder for you because you have to fully charge now, I'm sorry to hear that. The newer players I saw who learned how to parry slowly had a hella easier time because of auto.

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• Ninja-ORCNinja-ORC Senior

Not to sound self-conceited but I do scare away newer players

Lately I've been doing that too. Also Ive been getting alot of haters who refuse to play with me and just hate on me cause I kick their ass. I think im starting my own fan club finally.
    76561197981087625.png They say there are no ninjas in PVK. I beg to differ.
  • cringecringe Senior
    On the topic of auto-parry, I'd just like to point out is all it changes is you have to assume everyone is at least competient at blocking and change your stratigy. I don't really get how it's a problem in that you can't spam attack quite as effectively in order to win- it really highlights the importance of utlizing teammates and picking your battles vs a lot of the w+m1 I notice on manual blocking servers.
  • Suspect-DeviceSuspect-Device There's no such thing as rape, only surprise sex! Senior
    I disliked auto-parrying when it first came through, I have to admit when we had manual blocking it was rather easy to abuse the whole thing and end up with ridiculous KDRs albeit with the occasional staring match, I did however grow to accept that the whole auto thing was probably better for both new and established players, if you're good at the game then you can dominate regardless of the blocking system.

Also Archer rape FTW :3
    Well put, Suspect.

signatureopaquesmall.png