Pinned threads and karma

edited February 2012 in Site/Forums
Firstly, I saw the team recently pinned the two tournament threads. I talked to "Miggog" about pinning my updated linux server guide, since most of the developers are admins and therefore able to pin a thread. His response could be summarized as "It will be pinned if anyone thinks its worth it." and didn't really help me at all. The old tutorial is for Beta 2.0, so I'd like to know if my tutorial is not good enough or you admins just missed it.

Secondly, there has been a small discussion about karma "abuse". My account's karma function had been revoked due to "Lucas" complaining about me abusing it. In my opinion, there can't be general rules on how to give out karma, since everyone feels different about a post/user. If we refer to "abusive behavior" as giving out a lot of karma to one user, I think there are only two ways to solve this argument and treat everyone as equal:

Option 1: If admins are able to track back who gave whom karma, I'd suggest tracking back all people who gave out large amounts of karma, check if they have been abusing the system (e.g. on me, since it went down by approximately ~30 points one day) or not and, in case they did, revoke their karma rights, too.

Option 2: Admins are not able to track back karma and my rights were revoked on pure assumption and whining of a beta tester. I'd then like to have them restored.

Comments

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited 4:53AM
    Have no idea about the karma thing, but I'll pin the topic.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • LucasLucas Walter White Members
    edited February 2012
    Your little mistake gave me abot -60 repuation points because you thought I was downvoting your posts, which I didn't. I would appreciate I any admin could reset it, and put this behind us! :)
    Tschoppo wrote:

hello dear, said banana pie, but all of a sudden it came to life.
  • edited February 2012
    Well, I'd also agree to just reset Lucas' karma. Sorry.

ZinuX wrote:

Have no idea about the karma thing, but I'll pin the topic.

Thanks.

(I noticed that not only my karma function, but my whole profile is locked. I can't change any of my profile settings anymore.)
    What, reset your karma and both our reputation points will be alright, like I said, I have never downvoted any posts at all, if you still don't believe me you could always ask an admin
    Tschoppo wrote:

• unnamed2unnamed2 Senior
    Uh, what is karma? I mean I know what the word means, but what does it have to do with forum stuff? Is it a feature of the new layout, haven't checked everything yet?
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    Which caused Enzo's "whole profile to be locked" after downvoting many of Lucas posts because of the negative Karma I think.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • unnamed2unnamed2 Senior
    Interesting. So it is obvious that you gain reputation when people upvote your posts.
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited February 2012
    Lucas wrote:

Once you downvote a post, the minus repuation points are added to your account too, this is basically what Enzo was trapped in, he downvoted so many of my posts because he thought it was me, and all the minus reputation points were added to his account too, and then continued even though he had no idea about the karma system.

This is untrue. When you downvote a post, the negative karma doesn't get added to your profile as well.

Enzo, people are just downvoting your posts. I can see who's doing it, and it's a lot more than one person lol. I won't say who, but that's definitely the case. Try being nicer? It probably wasn't a good idea to call Crazytalk a bitch if your karma score means something to you.

I have set both of your karma values back to 0 in good faith. I will not do this again. Just be aware we are able to see who gives you karma and who you give karma to (both positive and negative). Stop being assholes.

This is untrue. When you downvote a post, the negative karma doesn't get added to your profile as well.

What really? Heard alot of people talking about it but I guess It isn't true then
    Tschoppo wrote:

• Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior

Actually it does. Go ahead, check my profile, downvote this post, and check it again. :) The karma count in your profile is the total karma from posts.
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
    edited February 2012
    If you read what I quoted more carefully, you will see that he thought both the downvoter and downvotee get a -1 applied to their account. This is not true, only the person getting downvoted is effected.
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    edited February 2012

Hurrrrr. My bad.
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • edited 4:53AM
    Is this system working correctly?
    How can i go from a neutral 8 to a -8 in one day when no posts of mine are downvoted?
    i have no idea
    {-KR-} dannyjohnson2121
    I looked; It's working fine. Generally speaking, when your reputation moves that much in a single day it's the product of fabricated positive votes or negative targeting.

You should ask your arch-nemesis what's going on.
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    I loved downposting Enzo, troll will be trolled.

I looked; It's working fine. Generally speaking, when your reputation moves that much in a single day it's the product of fabricated positive votes or negative targeting.

You should ask your arch-nemesis what's going on.

Thanks
  • JizzlerJizzler Senior
    This forums is packed with whiny bitches. DRAMA EVERYWHERE!
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
    image,PVKII,white,black.png
  • lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    So, uhm... I'm -7 in Karma? What? Is someone hunting my posts or something? I haven't even been directly attacking or flaming anyone, so what's going on?
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Considering a person can downvote 10 posts a day, it's safe to say nobody is hounding you.